Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

ShaneU wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launches on Vita in "late June", publisher Konami has announced.

Is that worldwide or Japan only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Is that worldwide or Japan only.
    Worldwide, unfortunately. Shame we can't have an online enabled portable version of Peace Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Guess it will be after E3 then,may be the Vita will get a price drop then. I am only really using mine for my PSP games and I still have a go so I think I will get rid of it for a couple of months. Should be third party memory cards out by then too I would hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mortal Kombat Vita Review - 8.5/10
    Mortal Kombat for the Vita, is very much the same game as the recently released Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. In fact, I don’t really understand why it wasn’t just labeled as the Komplete Edition; because if anything, there’s more content in the Vita version.

During the transition to the Vita, the graphics took a bit of an uppercut. Environments are just as detailed and gorgeous. But the character models themselves fall a little flat. Part of it is because everything else looks and feels so much like consoles, that the character models stand-out. They’re not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they are a bit washed out and jaggy. Physical deterioration is here, too, although it’s less-pronounced. Remember, though, this is a portable system, so these are comparisons being made to the console version. If there was no console comparison to be made, the game would be applauded for how good it looks.

Minor nitpicks about graphics are a worthy trade-off, though, because the game runs at a buttery smooth 60 frames per second. This ensures that the fighting itself—the whole point behind the game—is flawless. And oh, how it is. Special moves, combos, X-rays and fatalities work without a hitch. Except, exclusive to MK for Vita, you can touch the screen to perform an X-ray, or swipe the screen for fatalities...

...As a complete package, Mortal Kombat Vita is an impressive piece of software and a near-flawless port from consoles to a handheld. It’s one of the best fighters of this generation, magically tailored to work to PlayStation Vita’s advantages. Although unfair yet impossible to avoid comparisons will be made of it to its console counterpart, the Vita version proves that console-quality games and experiences are possible on Sony’s new portable. And it proves that it can be done with hardly any compromise.

I'm still very tempted by this. I think the 60 fps are more important than still graphics TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Otacon wrote: »

I'm still very tempted by this. I think the 60 fps are more important than still graphics TBH.
    I'm so glad it's gotten a high review score, I thought there must have been a reason for the worse graphs, and 60fps is way more important in this case for fluidity. I read last night on a German site (same one the screenshots came from) that they gave it 8.5 as well so this has gotten me excited again. Roll on end of may personally when I've no exams and enough money to buy two (one for me, one for the gf)

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for the Giantbomb review later this week. Jeff Gerstmann is doing it and he tends to be a good judge IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

60fps is quite an achievement really.

Can't wait :) !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

MK looks really good on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm gonna get metal gear either way :3 hope Sony has a **** ton of games/release dates ready for E3 for the vita.

Getting excited about e3 etc now for the vita, I'm half expecting one of their big announcements to be that a new firmware will be pushed with psone support. Otherwise I'm looking forward to game announcements. CoD will be interesting as well If they do it right, expecting some info on that tonight as they're officially announcing it during some basketball game or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got Netflix working, no need to do any DNS region hopping stuff either it's my Irish Netflix account playing on my Irish Vita account. Everything works fine after updating it with a patch can't understand why it isn't available on the Store yet.

You just need the App on your Vita.

Got Netflix working, no need to do any region hopping stuff either it's my Irish Netflix account playing on my Irish Vita account. Everything works fine after updating it with a patch can't understand why it isn't available on the Store yet.

You just need to App.

Link?

+1 for a link

You need to go to settings ->format _> restore. Do it once (don't deactivate the account and never format the memory card) sign into your US account download the Netflix app. Then format_->restore it again same as above. Sign back into your Irish account and all your games and Apps stay in place. On the Live screen click the orange update icon it will install the update. Log in with your Irish Netflix account details and watch your shows.

So I can make a rubbish US account and download the netflix app? :D

I just tried it, and while I think it would work, I'd need to format the memory card, according to the system.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I just tried it, and while I think it would work, I'd need to format the memory card, according to the system.

When it asks to format the memory card just press no.

It worked fine, got to the system being back on, it just said 'do you want to use PSN account on system' 'no' 'cannot use memory card with this system'

It worked fine, got to the system being back on, it just said 'do you want to use PSN account on system' 'no' 'cannot use memory card with this system'

Same thing happened to me, when i went to download the app it wouldn't download cos the memory card hadn't been formatted

Go to Settings – Format – Restore the PS Vita System.
    Now, go through with this but do NOT deactivate/unlink the account and also do NOT format the memory card.
    Then the system will reboot. During the setup, enter your US PSN/SEN credentials (if you don’t have a US account, create one).
    When that’s done, go to the PS Store and download the Netflix app.
    Go through the restore again, doing it the same way.
    Set up your system with your Irish PSN/SEN account.
    Load the app and enter your Netflix Irish account details.
    Watch shows.
    If it says can not play this content download the update from the live screen (the one after you press the Netflix bubbles that says netflix "start" at the top there is a orange icon hit that and it will download the update.)

• Advertisement

So you do have to deactivate your account first time you format it?

Just tried again after first attempt, created psn account on net and signed in during startup (when prompted). Now have Netflix installed so thank you very much!

How exactly do you do it, I'm confused.

How exactly do you do it, I'm confused.
    This is what I done

(a) Create us psn account on computer and updated info so it could go on psn

(b) followed the instructions previously posted. When I reboot, after it asks date it asks if you have a psn account, say yes. It then asks whether you wanna use now or later, select now and enter us psn details.

(c) continue following instructions previously posted. And viola!

Here's a crappy iPhone pic to show its installed on mine (logged into Irish psn)

s8jiQ.jpg

But when I do that, it says I have a account tied to my memory card :confused:

Just did it there. Works perfectly.

cloud - if you still have issues, just say no to deactivate and format memory and yes to stop any open apps and clear system apps. It will then restart the PSV. Go through the setup, putting in your US PSN details. Go to the store, download Netflix. Then repeat exactly the same process as before to go back to your EU PSN account.

Just be aware that while none of your apps get deleted, they get scrambled about the screens [I had mine split into PSV, PSN, PSP and Minis etc. so I just have to do that again.]

Mine didn't get scrambled but that's a minor thing. Great find though!

Oh I got it now, cheers lads :D

Oh I got it now, cheers lads :D

Good stuff its easier to do than to describe :D

• Advertisement

Awh yeah, Up and running :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement