Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What standard would you compare graphics too?

I have a wii, DS etc I was gonna sell for this

What are the main selling points for the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just as the PSP was a slight step down from the PS2, the Vita is a slight step down from the PS3. It may not be able to do all the fancy lighting and particles effects the PS3 can, but it is the most powerful handheld available at the moment.

However, probably the most intelligent thing Sony has done with the Vita is incorporate gaming mechanisms that we are now used to with mobile platforms. For example, touch screens and gyroscopes are now the norm, so the Vita has these, as well as standard console controls [dual analog sticks].

Finally, the console will be released with a large selection of games, a few being AAA titles, like Uncharted and Wipeout. It also has a number of big games hitting in the months after its release, like Unit 13, LBP and Killzone.

I bought psp launch day and was tbh very disappointed. Do you guys think this is gonna be worth the money or another psp go effort??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I bought psp launch day and was tbh very disappointed. Do you guys think this is gonna be worth the money or another psp go effort??

Only disappointed in so far as there were not enough good games and those that did appear were a little pricey.

For example I loved Daxter and a few similar ones - but all told less than ten games.
    On the other hand I loved the media cabilities - watching movies; listening to internet radio; listening to comic podcasts....

The control of the PS3 was just not enough for me - ok being able to stream was great but I wanted to play games on the PS3 via the PSP - similar to a question above here - age old question - one good TV - what to do when someone insists on watching TV. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm tempted to get this at launch but the lack of games at launch is putting me off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I'm tempted to get this at launch but the lack of games at launch is putting me off

the launch lineup is fairly massive :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

best advice i heard is leave it a few months because their selling so bad in japan, they will have to bring down the price..... also i dont think a memory card is included in the release price (maybe a small one) and as all the games are stored digitally you will have to fork out more money for a sony brand one .... mini sd? i think ... so all in all wait as tough as that may be and you will be rewarded with better bundles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Helix wrote: »
    the launch lineup is fairly massive :confused:

Is it? *goes in search of launch list*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Here’s how that breaks down:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss – €49.99/£44.99/$69.95 AUD/$89.95 NZD
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
    Everybody’s Golf – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
    WipEout 2048 – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
    Unit 13 – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
    Little Deviants – €29.99/£24.99/$39.95 AUD/$54.95 NZD
    Reality Fighters – €29.99/£24.99/$39.95 AUD/$54.95 NZD

PS Vita memory cards are available in three sizes and will be priced at the following:

4Gb Memory Card – €19.99/£17.99/$26.95 AUD/$34.95 NZD
    8Gb Memory Card – €34.99/£31.99/$44.95 AUD/$59.95 NZD
    16Gb Memory Card – €49.99/£44.99/$64.95 AUD/$84.95 NZD

And here are the peripherals that will be available at launch:

AC adaptor – €9.99/£8.99/$12.95 AUD/$16.95 NZD
    Portable charger – €49.99/£44.99/$64.95 AUD/$84.95 NZD
    USB cable – €9.99/£8.99/$12.95 AUD/$16.95 NZD
    In-ear headset – €19.99/£17.99/$26.95 AUD/$34.95 NZD
    Starter kit – €24.99/ £21.99/$34.95 AUD/$44.95 NZD
    Travel kit – €29.99/ £25.99/$39.95 AUD/$49.95 NZD

Thats all the launch titles I can find, but maybe the rest are in the store?.. The US are suppose to get 24+ titles for launch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think the third party launch games haven't been announced yet for the west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Waiting around is not really a great advice. In fact no one would be ever advising anyone to sit out the launch due to bad sales of the product in another territory if it wasn't for Nintendo's price drop with 3DS. But Sony can't and won't drop the price for at least a year, they don't have huge amounts of cash to burn through as opposed to Nintendo.

Also yes the memory card is not included with Vita, however not all games require it.

Lastly, before pre-ordering with games wait a while until the PSN price for the games is announced. In Japan all games were 20% cheaper on PSN

I'm not waiting for it personally(Vita price drop). PS3 was out for 6 months before a price drop, and even then it wasn't that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i held a ps vita today. played a demo of Uncharted and Fifa. Wow wee, that screen is simply incredible, its a small HD screen right in front of you, its mega crisp, not the slightest bit jaggy, very impressive, looks on par with a PS3 to me. The dual Analog Sticks are brill, the d-pad is much improved too.

Slight annoyances during my short time with it, Sony seem very insistent on using the touch screen, say you start Uncharted, it says touch screen to continue at the start, you literally have to do that as the X button does nothing, bit annoying, especially if you're used to the DS where pressing a button is just as ok as touching the screen.

Also, the speakers seem to be very weedy, wish i tried my earphones on the Vita. It was a bit loud where I was but the Vita on at full volume should have been audible, it barely was.

Im hoping developers really take to the Vita, apparently the vita developer kits cost much less than the PSP kits and it could result in more Indie games, ports wont cut for the Vita, being too close to the PS2 in terms of power was detrimental to the PSPs success, i hope the Vita doesn't follow a similar path.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i held a ps vita today. played a demo of Uncharted and Fifa. Wow wee, that screen is simply incredible, its a small HD screen right in front of you, its mega crisp, not the slightest bit jaggy, very impressive, looks on par with a PS3 to me. The dual Analog Sticks are brill, the d-pad is much improved too.

Slight annoyances during my short time with it, Sony seem very insistent on using the touch screen, say you start Uncharted, it says touch screen to continue at the start, you literally have to do that as the X button does nothing, bit annoying, especially if you're used to the DS where pressing a button is just as ok as touching the screen.

Also, the speakers seem to be very weedy, wish i tried my earphones on the Vita. It was a bit loud where I was but the Vita on at full volume should have been audible, it barely was.

Im hoping developers really take to the Vita, apparently the vita developer kits cost much less than the PSP kits and it could result in more Indie games, ports wont cut for the Vita, being too close to the PS2 in terms of power was detrimental to the PSPs success, i hope the Vita doesn't follow a similar path.

Would that be compulsory finger touching? Or would it changeable in the options menu of a game?

Brought my wii into hmv today with my games wii etc I'm up around 400 notes :D never really play it with Xbox and 3ds so delighted tbh!!

So 3G or wifi which one are you all going with??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Gonna go with the wireless one. Got a phone that I can teather to vita to so dont need 3G.

Does anyone know some good sites to get the 32gb cards..?

Brought my wii into hmv today with my games wii etc I'm up around 400 notes :D never really play it with Xbox and 3ds so delighted tbh!!

So 3G or wifi which one are you all going with??

Think I'm gonna do that with my wii too. How much did you get for the console?

How much are game saves and stuff going to be? Thinking of starting with an 8gb, see how it goes. Gotta look at the financial side like.

corcaigh07 wrote: »

what was fifa like?Is it getting a day one release?

Its a 20 quid deposit minimum in HMV, I put 50 down :D Wifi system for 249.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

padair wrote: »
    Gonna go with the wireless one. Got a phone that I can teather to vita to so dont need 3G.

Does anyone know some good sites to get the 32gb cards..?

Just to warn you, the Vita cannot tether to mobiles via bluetooth if you want 3G, but if your mobile can tether to your Vita using wi-fi, then it'll work for you.

• Advertisement

Will it be region free?like the psp?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

what was fifa like?Is it getting a day one release?

just like the console version really...i'd reckon its nailed onto getting a day one release as it was only uncharted, little deviants and Fifa on demo, didnt try little deviants.

and cloud493, im not sure if you can change that. It seemed to me that it was very insistent on using the touch screen for no real reason, i found myself mashing X at a few of the menus as per normal only to find I needed to touch the screen to continue. A little annoying and unnecessary, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The Vita will have to compare with the 3DS, so I'd say we'll definitely see a drop of €50 after 3-6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

Mario007 wrote: »
    Waiting around is not really a great advice. In fact no one would be ever advising anyone to sit out the launch due to bad sales of the product in another territory if it wasn't for Nintendo's price drop with 3DS. But Sony can't and won't drop the price for at least a year, they don't have huge amounts of cash to burn through as opposed to Nintendo.

Also yes the memory card is not included with Vita, however not all games require it.

Lastly, before pre-ordering with games wait a while until the PSN price for the games is announced. In Japan all games were 20% cheaper on PSN

i was merely stating how you would get the best price and as for your arguement about Nintendo having more cash to burn true thats only because of low end tech .. ie cheaper to make cheaper to sell .... the price will drop relatively quickly because of the memory card issue ....

Game is 35e to preorder(for anyone interested) and their trumpeting the free bundle you get for pre-ordering. All the shops are expecting to know the bundles by wednesday apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Will it be region free?like the psp?
    Of course it's going to be region free. Why wouldn't it? I mean, Sony made a big deal on the console being region free a few months back.

Of course it's going to be region free. Why wouldn't it? I mean, Sony made a big deal on the console being region free a few months back.

That's good to hear,I hear what your saying but I wouldn't put it past them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Didn't realise that it's only a month away, now i'm sort of inclined to preorder one purely because it's so close. Curse you impulse preordering! *Shakes fist at sky*

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

What do you think are the chances of it selling out is it worth per ordering or just turning up on the day. At least that way you have a choice of store incase there are any offers.

• Advertisement

What do you think are the chances of it selling out is it worth per ordering or just turning up on the day. At least that way you have a choice of store incase there are any offers.

I wouldn't say it would sell out. But its always worth it, just in case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement