Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

EJ22 wrote: »
    New IP in beyond -Too early to say could be complete chit
    PS1 Support for vita in summer - Great buy games twice
    PS+ improvement - Couldent be made much worse
    3 confirmed Vita games. - 3 Wow thats impressive:rolleyes:
    Far cry 3 multiplayer co-op - Good but you need friends for that and all the Ps fans i know are loners:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Worst e3 ever.

You're excited for a COD logo - they showed us a COD logo last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Starting to fear for the future or the Vita now. If a port of a Smash Brothers game, a COD logo and an Assassins Creed game are all they can muster when the console is clearly struggling then there's going to be problems down the line.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SCEE PS+ Press Release

Shouldn't this be in the PS+ thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

F1ngers wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be in the PS+ thread?

Clicked the wrong thread :rolleyes: still tired from last night. will post over there now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Starting to fear for the future or the Vita now. If a port of a Smash Brothers game, a COD logo and an Assassins Creed game are all they can muster when the console is clearly struggling then there's going to be problems down the line.

There are a few ports but a logo for a game that is meant to launch this winter is worrying. The A.Creed game has potential at least due to the sheer amount of ubi studios that have worked on the series surely they have left it in capable hands. I was hoping there was some truth to a Resi or MGS game coming. Not sure cross play is what Vita owners had in mind when they bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Sony conference was a joke for vita owners. No surprises at all and they spent more time talking about Sony games on mobile phones than the vita. I wish I didn't buy it now and will never buy a Sony product again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

New information (that if true should have been in the fcking conference):

ICO and shadow of the colossus hd coming to remote
    NFS Most wanted apparently coming to vita in November

Acc. to eurogamer.net

Also I think there's a game called spy hunter or something I saw a trailer for a few days ago... Why didn't Sony list these vita games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

when is the youtube app coming to vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The Vita is doomed fml :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sure is some nay saying in here :rolleyes: Have faith. Call of duty on the vita could be spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

cloud493 wrote: »
    Sure is some nay saying in here :rolleyes: Have faith. Call of duty on the vita could be a spectacular failure.

fyp:D

The Vita like the psp before it is a nice piece of kit.

The big problem (And MS have this as well) is that they never really push the boundaries of the consoles they produce.

I own a psp and all is used for is emus and as a handy web browser.There are not many games that i feel are worth the effort/cost of playing (Gta being an exception)

Sony need to have a long hard look at there Dev team or the vita will go bang very quick.

Also after the wonderbook farce(I know its gonna shift bucketloads But come on its not really gaming) a lot of gamers will think twice before buying into the next gen console.

Oh and Johnny thanks for the warning:D

I would not like an infraction

Can i have an indecimal instead:p

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

cloud493 wrote: »
    Sure is some nay saying in here :rolleyes: Have faith. Call of duty on the vita could be spectacular.

I agree with you mate. Yeah sure it didn't get as much attention as we thought it would, but there are some quality titles coming to Vita this year

Confirmed titles include
    • Little Big Planet Vita
    • Sound Shapes
    • Soul Sacrifice
    • MGS HD Collection
    • Assassins Creed 3 Liberation
    • PS All Stars
    • Retro City Rampage
    • Black Ops: Declassified

What Sony need to do is focus on a Viral campaign to push one of the big titles as a selling point. They have the opportunity, in my opinion, to do it three times this year. LBP can appeal to a younger generation of gamer with its design, AS3 and CoD for older gamers who want high quality games from a well known franchise.

There's life in it yet, cast your fears aside I say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I agree with you mate. Yeah sure it didn't get as much attention as we thought it would, but there are some quality titles coming to Vita this year

Confirmed titles include
    • Little Big Planet Vita
    • Sound Shapes
    • Soul Sacrifice
    • MGS HD Collection
    • Assassins Creed 3 Liberation
    • PS All Stars
    • Retro City Rampage
    • Black Ops: Declassified

I don't want titles that I have already heard of... I want new titles... Something like GTA or some Killzone footage or an announcement for inFamous on the Vita would have blown me away.. I got none of that :( .. PS All Stars will be a PS3 purchase for me... Black Ops: Declassified only interests me, but they need to get the controls right... Personally I would have prefered a cross platform version of Black Ops 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

While assassins creed and COD should boost sales in the west, they will not be big unit-shifters in japan. It needs a big seller in japan (e.g. Monster Hunter) but I guess E3 would not be the place to announce something like that.

I was also hoping for mention of Final Fantasy Type-0 for vita but no dice. I'm still optimistic enough though, as long as people keep consuming vita games and as long as it isn't hacked in the near future. Inevitable price drop in the future will also be a boost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

animaX wrote: »
    While assassins creed and COD should boost sales in the west, they will not be big unit-shifters in japan. It needs a big seller in japan (e.g. Monster Hunter) but I guess E3 would not be the place to announce something like that.

I was also hoping for mention of Final Fantasy Type-0 for vita but no dice. I'm still optimistic enough though, as long as people keep consuming vita games and as long as it isn't hacked in the near future. Inevitable price drop in the future will also be a boost
    Well, I'm hopeful that Soul Sacrifice will bring in some coin for Sony and a boost in sales for Japan. Especially with that Mega Man guy at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Regarding PSone support, are they really going to charge people again for wanting to play games they already bought and that work on ps3 and psp? I really want a vita to replace my psp as an "everything" device, that will work with old downloads as well as new. Ive got numerous PSone games that I've bought from the PSN, and it seems cruel to me to make customers pay twice for a downloadable game they already own. Not providing cross-platform support for downloads seems a bit daft, especially when they already work on ps3 and psp. Is/are Sony really that greedy, or is re-emulating the originally-released PSN games really that difficult? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Regarding PSone support, are they really going to charge people again for wanting to play games they already bought and that work on ps3 and psp? I really want a vita to replace my psp as an "everything" device, that will work with old downloads as well as new. Ive got numerous PSone games that I've bought from the PSN, and it seems cruel to me to make customers pay twice for a downloadable game they already own. Not providing cross-platform support for downloads seems a bit daft, especially when they already work on ps3 and psp. Is/are Sony really that greedy, or is re-emulating the originally-released PSN games really that difficult? :confused:
    They're not going to charge you twice for ps one games you've already bought on psn, don't know how you thought they would do that.

If bought from PSN then you can download your PSone games straight from the store on the Vita for free. I bought MGS on the PSN for my PSP GO and will hopefully be able to download it on the Vita before MGS collection is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If bought from PSN then you can download your PSone games straight from the store on the Vita for free. I bought MGS on the PSN for my PSP GO and will hopefully be able to download it on the Vita before MGS collection is released.

MGS HD is out in three weeks. Doubt we'll have PS One support by then. I'm thinking August/September time.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    MGS HD is out in three weeks. Doubt we'll have PS One support by then. I'm thinking August/September time.

Could be next summer for all we know.

ShaneU wrote: »
    They're not going to charge you twice for ps one games you've already bought on psn, don't know how you thought they would do that.

Oh that's a relief. Someone on the previous page mentioned having to buy games twice, maybe they meant paying for downloads of the games they already own on disk. I just thought I read something about the PSone support starting with Final Fantasy VII and other certain games first, cant remember where, think it was twitter. Edit: here's the tweet:
    http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/status/209820307337388033

Could be next summer for all we know.

Tretton said this summer for PS1 support. Whether they need to redo all the games currently out to make them work on the Vita though, I'm not sure.
    Oh that's a relief. Someone on the previous page mentioned having to buy games twice, maybe they meant paying for downloads of the games they already own on disk. I just thought I read something about the PSone support starting with Final Fantasy VII and other certain games first, cant remember where, think it was twitter. Edit: here's the tweet:
    http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/status/209820307337388033

The two purchases refers to games available on PS3 and Vita, where some would need to be purchased twice to make use of some cross play features. Nothing to do with PS1 support.

Otacon wrote: »
    The two purchases refers to games available on PS3 and Vita, where some would need to be purchased twice to make use of some cross play features. Nothing to do with PS1 support.
    Yeah it's just that a previous poster mentioned buying games twice after commenting on ps1 games being supported in the summer, that's where I was getting confused, and horrified. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The prospect of MGS is the only thing that's preventing me from getting rid of my Vita and that's a remake in itself. Sony's first party support for the machine has just been awful and E3 offers little hope that things will improve.

Yoshida blamed Vita's sparse showing on Sony's attempt to cut the length of its press conference compared to previous years.

"I'm getting lots of tweets from people saying, 'where are PS Vita games?' That was, in retrospect, our fault - not looking at every angle when we designed the programme for the show. We have 25 new games, Vita titles, playable on the show floor.

"We could have spent more time - probably we should - showing off those games coming out this year.

Considering they spent however long on ****ing wonderbook :rolleyes:

Anyone want to compile a list of these 25 Vita titles?

I'm at a loss to see why Sony spent so little time on the vita, its mind boggling. Two vita exclusive games on stage, are you kidding? And no black ops footage, again, what are you doing Sony?

I said this aswell and i got met with anger.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement