Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

cloud493 wrote: »
    What do you think are the chances of it selling out is it worth per ordering or just turning up on the day. At least that way you have a choice of store incase there are any offers.

I wouldn't say it would sell out. But its always worth it, just in case.

Id be worried that if I preordered in say game then GameStop would have abetter deal and I'd be stuck with game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Id be worried that if I preordered in say game then GameStop would have abetter deal and I'd be stuck with game

Well the bundles are out some time this week apparently, you can make your decision then :) I chose HMV cos I work there, you know, staff discount :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well the bundles are out some time this week apparently, you can make your decision then :) I chose HMV cos I work there, you know, staff discount :cool:

Any chance of a discount for a few of us fellow boardies :-)?

If your round Dublin ;) Yeah, apparently, the shops will be receiving the bundles this week, or next week. Should be fairly standard apparently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If your round Dublin ;) Yeah, apparently, the shops will be receiving the bundles this week, or next week. Should be fairly standard apparently

I'm in cork unforunately,I wasn't expecting you to say yes :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm in cork unforunately,I wasn't expecting you to say yes :eek:

Well I saw you were in cork ;) 35 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Study in UCD. Your move. :D

Sure, if you happen to be around swords pavillions at 12am on the 22nd of february ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there any full list of launch games yet or even reviews from the JPN launch? I'm going to get Uncharted anyway (despite never playing the others as I don't have a PS3) as it seems to be the one. I have a couple of PSN games already from where I purchased the ill advised PSP Go, but I want to get one or two others as well. I'm not sure if Ninja Gaiden is going to be at launch, nor do I want Rayman Origins (which is fantastic but I can't imagine playing it on a device I can easily throw at a wall!).

I think there's Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Everybodys Golf but I can't really find a definitive list if one exists so any help would be appreciated, especially reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Q: I've read that the 32GB memory card is not going to be available in Europe at launch. 1. Is this true? 2. If I bought one from the US, would it work on a European PSV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    Q: I've read that the 32GB memory card is not going to be available in Europe at launch. 1. Is this true? 2. If I bought one from the US, would it work on a European PSV?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Anyone have any details on launch bundles yet, HMV or otherwise?

Why will a 32gb stick be necessary?

Wait, this is out on the 15th, not the 22nd :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Dunno if any of ye have seen this yet but some bits are really cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Wait, this is out on the 15th, not the 22nd :D:D

Nope february 22nd. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/10/19/playstation-vita-launches-from-22-february-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Why will a 32gb stick be necessary?

Guess it depends on how big games are that you download.

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Dunno if any of ye have seen this yet but some bits are really cool...

Have to say, being able to look at your Wipeout ship through AR looks really good!

Game are now doing a bundle which consists of a Wi-fi only Vita with a game and a free 4Gb memory card for either £259.98 or £269.98 depending on which game you choose.
    So in euro terms... 280, or 290 I'd reckon. Probably jack it up to 300.

Game are now doing a bundle which consists of a Wi-fi only Vita with a game and a free 4Gb memory card for either £259.98 or £269.98 depending on which game you choose.
    So in euro terms... 280, or 290 I'd reckon. Probably jack it up to 300.

I'll probably just import the card. 32gig is 100$ which will be about 80€ in real terms but probably 120€ in store!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I was going to buy a PSP but looking at this thread has made me think I'm better of waiting.

I'm interested in finding out more about the full range of games available for the VITA, does anyone have link to a list?

Also, I don't want to pay through the nose for this console, so would it be better to wait a few months before picking it up? Is a drop in price very likely, after the luke warm take up in other countries?

boobar wrote: »
    I was going to buy a PSP but looking at this thread has made me think I'm better of waiting.

I'm interested in finding out more about the full range of games available for the VITA, does anyone have link to a list?

Also, I don't want to pay through the nose for this console, so would it be better to wait a few months before picking it up? Is a drop in price very likely, after the luke warm take up in other countries?

I found this

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-launch-lineup-and-details/

Seems to show the launch titles and those that will launch within a month. Bear in mind that most PSP Games (PSP and Mini, no PSOne classic yet) will work on the PSP Vita so there's a massive range to choose from already (God of War, GTA: Chinatown Wars are but three)

I wouldn't get a PSP now unless money is an issue. You will definitely get a PSP new for less than 100€ and games (physical copies) in stores are dirt cheap. With the Vita, you are paying a premium for the latest and greatest, and it will be a while before you start seeing games cheaper.

I'd say if you were looking for a PSP now, go for the 1000, dirt cheap, as are the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd say if you were looking for a PSP now, go for the 1000, dirt cheap, as are the games.

the price of a 2000 or 3000 would not be much more and you'll be better off with that.

I would wait.

Varik wrote: »
    the price of a 2000 or 3000 would not be much more and you'll be better off with that.

I would wait.

Not if you saw the prices people try to get for them on adverts ;)

60e trade in for PSP 3000 in Game when trading in towards a PS Vita.

Wipeout 2048 Intro Cinematic. Game looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Wipeout 2048 Intro Cinematic. Game looks awesome.

Why am I getting a Gran Turismo vibe, all of a sudden?

And here's the same intro, but with the directors commentary.

So did anyone pre order this yet?what bundle did ye go for\?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So did anyone pre order this yet?what bundle did ye go for\?
    I put down €50 for the WiFi only version. So yeah, I don't really see much point of the 3G version.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement