Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I put down €50 for the WiFi only version. So yeah, I don't really see much point of the 3G version.

Nor do I,wifi for me too :-),pre book any games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Nor do I,wifi for me too :-),pre book any games?
    Naaa. Better to see what's there first than to just preorder. Although, WipEout 2048 is probably my top choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can you pre book games? I'm going for Uncharted, wipeout and lumines myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just remember that per ordering in GameStop gives you 25% extra! Traded in about 120€ worth of Xbox games and got an extra 30€!

HMV have the best bundles! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Notorious wrote: »
    The Vita will have to compare with the 3DS, so I'd say we'll definitely see a drop of €50 after 3-6 months.

Sony left PS3's initial price untouched for a lonnnng time, despite it selling like **** initially, and strong competition from Xbox and Wii. They've shown a lot of patience about these things even when they've got a lot riding on something. They might add value - stick a memory card in, or game vouchers - but I don't think you'll see a price drop for a while.

Anyway, I was happy to pay 250 for 3DS and I'll be happy to pay 250 for Vita. It seems worth the money to me.

Back to the original topic - so who has the best deals? All of a sudden after Christmas I've noticed lots of Vita promotional material in Game, Gamestop, HMV, but it's not clear what bundles are going to be available, if any. Game seems to be pushing it really hard, but for some reason require a 30 euro deposit, while Gamestop requires just 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

@cloud have hmv announced their bundles

Its basically(this isn't confirmed, this is what we've been roughly told to expect)

PS vita(wifi is 250, 3G is 280)
    Vita + Game for 280(309.99 for the 3G)
    Vita + game + memory card for 340 (370 for the 3G)

However, their might be some price differences, depending on the game chosen in the bundle. So I'd say uncharted would cost more in a bundle, basically. Just as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Adding a memory card to the bundle increases the price by €60!? Imagine what it must cost separately... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.toys.ie/PlayStation-Vita-!WCAT84-cat.aspx
    Smyths prices are up, not as bad as Argos. A lot are RRP. 16GB for €50, makes you nearly grateful we didn't get the 32GB. Katamari for €30 is good enough. Wish GAME, gamestop, etc would just announce some bundles prices already. If you bought a PSV,Game & 16gb memory card seperately it'd cost about €350 so bundle prices are needed. The 3G costs haven't been announced for europe either, I haven't seen them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Regarding the 3G, is the PSP a sim free unit or do we have to use a plan by a preferred operator (which I heard is going to be Vodafone)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yeah I am trying to hold off pre ordering until I see what store is offer what, for me It will be a vita wifi + 8gb card (for now) Unchartered and Fifa if its released at launch. Anyone heard of an xtra vision bundle?? thats my nearest store for the vita

all stores require a €30 deposit including gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Adding a memory card to the bundle increases the price by €60!? Imagine what it must cost separately... :eek:

Considering the 16gb card (highest available here at launch) will be €50, and Cloud's prices were unconfirmed, I can only presume the bundle prices will be slightly different. No reason to get the bundle with the memory card otherwise.

Argos prices are ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gamestop still haven't there bundles prices up on there website yet

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Considering the 16gb card (highest available here at launch) will be €50, and Cloud's prices were unconfirmed, I can only presume the bundle prices will be slightly different. No reason to get the bundle with the memory card otherwise.

Argos prices are ridiculous.

This. Obviously price will vary, depending on the size of the memory card, but I'd say their high estimates. The big question is how much the games will be really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cloud493 wrote: »
    This. Obviously price will vary, depending on the size of the memory card, but I'd say their high estimates. The big question is how much the games will be really.

€50 for the 16GB card is the rrp. Very high but I don't see anyone selling them much cheaper.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-22-sony-confirms-vita-game-and-memory-card-prices

Thats not bad is it? I seem to recall spending £30 sterling on a 2gb memory stick for the PSP back in 2005.

this aint 2005 no more to charge €50 for a 16gb memory is a disgrace

• Advertisement

How much is it(for those in the know) for a 4gb stick? Or 2gb even? I'm not interested in downloading stuff, just want the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

cloud493 wrote: »
    How much is it(for those in the know) for a 4gb stick? Or 2gb even? I'm not interested in downloading stuff, just want the memory.

GTR63 posted a link to the prices above but sure, for mobile users and so on.
    4Gb Memory Card - €19.99/£17.99
    8Gb Memory Card - €34.99/£31.99
    16Gb Memory Card - €49.99/£44.99

Ooh thats well cheaper than I expect. Whole thing should be about 300e all together, lovely jubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Thinking of putting a deposit on one of these.
    So are all the stores offering the same pack or whats the story?
    Where have most people put their deposit down?
    Cheers.
    Sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Seanie06

Has anyone played one yet?? Impressions?? I bought the original PSP and after a few months ended up not even playing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Seanie06 wrote: »
    Has anyone played one yet?? Impressions?? I bought the original PSP and after a few months ended up not even playing it!!

Played Wipeout 2048 on it at Eurogamer. I have my pre-order in already.

Why did you stop playing the PSP? Lack of games? Crappy controls? Is its any of the former, the PSV should avoid that as there are loads of games already announced and the twin analog sticks are ideal.

If, however, you simply did not use the PSP as a travelling device, then the Vita does not sound like the device for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Seanie06

Crap controls mainly, and the games were slow to come out. I would like to see Sony ensure that the system has more "original" content and not just HD remakes of old classics. I love wipeout!! but i'm not going to buy it over and over for every new system!!

I pre-ordered my in game today 30 euro deposit and 2 euro deposit for fifa,they didn't have any bundle deal going that I could see :confused:

When you preorder a console, they'll offer you a bundle with the console you preordered, and take the money you put down as deposit off the bundle you choose/.

• Advertisement

4 weeks today people :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement