Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has there ever been anything more about FFX being released on the Vita? I know it's one that was touted at the time of the launch but there's been not much since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kat (Gravity Rush) DLC for Everybody's Golf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

just bought Tekken 1 and it is not available to download on Vita,€2.49 wasted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

must resist ff game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Download it on your PS3 and move it over.

Or wait a few days until they add it to the downloads list. Two days ago, FFIX and FFVII were not able to be downloaded directly on the Vita, yesterday they were. So they do seem to be working on it.

I'm still waiting for Killzone Liberation and Rock Band Unplugged to be available to use on the Vita, via any method of transfer/download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭pah

Otacon wrote: »

Download it on your PS3 and move it over.

Your assumption of ps3 ownership is borderline ignorant. And when i say"your" that is directed at the multiple posters who go ooogh just transfer from ps3. I don't fukking have a ps3 and i didn't see "ps3 required" on the box.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Like others have said just give it a few days. Stupid I know, advertising it on the store and then taking your cash before telling you it can't be downloaded but it will be up. There were very few titles available for vita download at the start but more titles are being updated in drips and drabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

pah wrote: »
    Your assumption of ps3 ownership is borderline ignorant. And when i say"your" that is directed at the multiple posters who go ooogh just transfer from ps3. I don't fukking have a ps3 and i didn't see "ps3 required" on the box.

/rant

He was only offering advice since most of us on this thread own a PS3. This is a friendly thread so keep your snarky comments to yourself.

/rant

He was only offering advice since most of us on this thread own a PS3. This is a friendly thread so keep your snarky comments to yourself.

Offering advice goes like this "IF you have a ps3 then that could be a solution for you..."

Not

"just transfer them from your ps3..."

I have given and received advice in this forum and i know this is a friendly thread but lets be honest this is BS from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Offering advice goes like this "IF you have a ps3 then that could be a solution for you..."

Not

I have given and received advice in this forum and i know this is a friendly thread but lets be honest this is BS from Sony.

Sony are bastards and I will never buy a console made by them again. PC gaming is the best platform IMO.

• Advertisement

I should sheepishly admit i HAD a ps3 but its YLOD :pac:

/rant

Not

disgusted-meme.png

Sorry if I offended anyone. I also included "Or wait a few days until they add it to the downloads list. Two days ago, FFIX and FFVII were not able to be downloaded directly on the Vita, yesterday they were. So they do seem to be working on it.".

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

In Sony's defense, There could have been unforeseen complications with the way the games were coded that meant some could or could not be downloaded straight to the vita. As it has been mentioned, they're aware of this situation and are working bit by bit to rectify it. Give it a few days and you'll be wondering why you ranted at all while you're enjoying your ps1 games.

Sorry for the rant.

Surely this was in the pipeline from day 1 though? Plenty testing time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Bought mortal kombat today for vita have to say its class. Held of buying because heard bad things about the graphics. Never played ps3 version but the vita version has great graphics looks great plays great one of the best games I have played so far, maybe that's because I didn't expect much. What do others think.

Bought mortal kombat today for vita have to say its class. Held of buying because heard bad things about the graphics. Never played ps3 version but the vita version has great graphics looks great plays great one of the best games I have played so far, maybe that's because I didn't expect much. What do others think.

I agree. I can see where the graphs do come down a notch, but it doesn't really impact the overall gameplay, but rather a minimal part (feats of *insert type here*, faitalitys etc).

I bought it a few weeks after it first came out, and loved it. stopped playing due to getting Metal Gear Solid HD Collection but always end up going back to it for a laugh, especially when I try to play online.

EJ22 wrote: »

I agree. I can see where the graphs do come down a notch, but it doesn't really impact the overall gameplay, but rather a minimal part (feats of *insert type here*, faitalitys etc).

I bought it a few weeks after it first came out, and loved it. stopped playing due to getting Metal Gear Solid HD Collection but always end up going back to it for a laugh, especially when I try to play online.

I think people expect to much to be honest I never expected ps3 graphics on vita no matter what they said to begin with. But so far. Mortal kombat, metal gear solid, ninja gaiden, uncharted , fifa have all blown me away for a hand held device. If I get another 6-7 games of this quality It will justify its exsistence to me.

I think people expect to much to be honest I never expected ps3 graphics on vita no matter what they said to begin with. But so far. Mortal kombat, metal gear solid, ninja gaiden, uncharted , fifa have all blown me away for a hand held device. If I get another 6-7 games of this quality It will justify its exsistence to me.

Only thing that let fifa down for me was the crashes and the online. Haven't played Ninja Gaiden or Uncharted but Wipeout, Gravity Rush, MGS:HD, and MK are awesome. The Ps1 games are also pretty cool to play again.

One to watch for is LBP though, was in the beta for it and it was immense. out in three weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

When the feck they got psone games work on vita?!?!

I have to admit, I did not played with vita that much and I usually just jump in to mgs HD, and don't check anything. I got ff7 ff9 parasite eve2 downloading now!

My 16gb memory card has only 2.5gb free :(. Look like I will ave to start buying physical versions of games :(

EJ22 wrote: »

Only thing that let fifa down for me was the crashes and the online. Haven't played Ninja Gaiden or Uncharted but Wipeout, Gravity Rush, MGS:HD, and MK are awesome. The Ps1 games are also pretty cool to play again.

One to watch for is LBP though, was in the beta for it and it was immense. out in three weeks

Yep little big planet looks great should suit the vita touch controls perfectly. I thought FIFA played a good game similar to the console version but online was buggy. Assasins creed looks promising and then hopefully ratchet and clank, sly 4 will be good if they could add a god of war and infamous game next year I think I'd be very happy with my vita. Wouldn't mind a few of the other games that were announced already also so pretty happy. Don't have a lot if time to play lots of games as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

When the feck they got psone games work on vita?!?!

I have to admit, I did not played with vita that much and I usually just jump in to mgs HD, and don't check anything. I got ff7 ff9 parasite eve2 downloading now!

My 16gb memory card has only 2.5gb free :(. Look like I will ave to start buying physical versions of games :(

lol yesterday

Picked up another 16gb card and case 2nd hand donedeal for 30 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was going to a new memory card up north, but I don't think I'd make much of a saving really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

caspa307 wrote: »
    lol yesterday

I just turned ps vita last night and it took me to update. It looked like another meh update with nothing new. :)

Will have to get more credit from gamenash soon so!

and a new memory card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Am I the only one that hates the MGS Collection? The controls feel awful and I find it impossible to sneak around .. Maybe I just didn't give it a chance...

Am I the only one that hates the MGS Collection? The controls feel awful and I find it impossible to sneak around .. Maybe I just didn't give it a chance...

I've only played mgs 2 so far (!) But it took roughly an hour before i was sneaking around holding people up for dog tags. It just takes a bit of adjusting in my opinion. I personally thought it was brilliant and recaptured the specialness of mgs 2 from the ps2 (that was last time i played mgs2)

no im the same ive tried to like it i really have :mad: but i just find the controls so awkward

caspa307 wrote: »
    no im the same ive tried to like it i really have :mad: but i just find the controls so awkward

Try going back to the original MGS. Its amazing how many times I've been spotted or killed.

Many older games suffer in the same way. Despite being sublime at the time, GoldenEye on the N64 is atrocious to play now, because we have gotten used to certain control schemes.

It takes a lot of time to get used to, but they are still very rewarding games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Otacon wrote: »
    Try going back to the original MGS. Its amazing how many times I've been spotted or killed.

Many older games suffer in the same way. Despite being sublime at the time, GoldenEye on the N64 is atrocious to play now, because we have gotten used to certain control schemes.

It takes a lot of time to get used to, but they are still very rewarding games.
    Homogenization is the death of gaming in my books. That's why I love the Metal Gear games, because they don't conform to the usual gaming standards of their periods. Hell, each game in the series actually feels different to play. For example:

• When MGS2 came about, it brought in first person aim and shoot and hold ups.
    • MGS3 was all about surviving in a foreign environment by camouflaging yourself, eating wild animals to keep up your stamina and healing any cuts and broken bones, while later versions introduced a free looking camera and online play.
    • MGS4 had you trying to control your psyche and sense where you enemies are with that ring thing (it's been a long time).
    • Peace Walker had a Monster Hunter style to it, to the point where there are direct references to the franchise itself.
    Oh god, I've gone and done another of my long winded speeches, didn't I?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement