Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

cloud493 wrote: »
    4 weeks today people :D
    Well, between this and Twisted Metal, February is going to be a busy month, for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is twisted metal february? Gawd, not long :3

Is twisted metal february? Gawd, not long :3
    Yup. Feb. 17th, over here. Online demo before the game releases, as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If your round Dublin ;) Yeah, apparently, the shops will be receiving the bundles this week, or next week. Should be fairly standard apparently

Cloud if staff discount is anyway decent I would make it worth your while??

No pressure though!!

"please please please please please" ;)

Its 10% ;) don't know if that counts on console, imagine so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does anyone know if the Vita will have limited/collector editions like the PS3? I love my metal boxes and trinkets I do.

Well its a bit early to know :P knowing Sony though, wouldn't say its out of the realms of possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so no news on any ps vita deals?

i bet there would be some deal with 3ds trade in or psp trade in.

i will go to gamestop after work and see what will they say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

so no news on any ps vita deals?

i bet there would be some deal with 3ds trade in or psp trade in.

i will go to gamestop after work and see what will they say.

You can do that in game anyway not sure about gamestop though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What games are people getting? I'm currently settling on Uncharted and probably Rayman: Origins, despite the fact that I have it on the 360 as it would be a fantastic portable time killer. I have Assassins Creed, GTA: Chinatown Wars, God of War and The Warriors from a previous PSP purchase so that should do me.

• Advertisement

Uncharted, rayman, lumines, and wipeout for launch I reckon. Hopefully get a good deal on something.

I was wondering of psn store will be avelable on launch day? I don't really see anything I would fancy. I love uncharted, but I am not sure if that ps vita version any good... I would not mind buying some psn store credit and buy few ps1 games.

I was wondering of psn store will be avelable on launch day? I don't really see anything I would fancy. I love uncharted, but I am not sure if that ps vita version any good... I would not mind buying some psn store credit and buy few ps1 games.
    The store was available day one in Japan, wasn't it?

And for those in the know, here's Eurogamer's WipEout 2048 review.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-26-wipeout-2048-review

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is wipeout 2048 going to be on ps3 or is it the same as the ps3 version now? If it is a new version how much it be on ps3?.. Trying to sell my 3dtv to afford this as my sister is coming back from America the day after it's released.. Thinking of getting vita, uncharted and maybe FIFA and wipeout.. Would it be a bad idea importing? What size memory card everyone getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is wipeout 2048 going to be on ps3 or is it the same as the ps3 version now? If it is a new version how much it be on ps3?.. Trying to sell my 3dtv to afford this as my sister is coming back from America the day after it's released.. Thinking of getting vita, uncharted and maybe FIFA and wipeout.. Would it be a bad idea importing? What size memory card everyone getting?

Day after is cutting it closes, with travel time, time zones and the time of the fligh are you sure it's still the day after.

importing leaves you with a cheaper US vita, up to 32GB(compared to 16), and only a manufactures warranty.

I would get the card over there, the vita here and to be safe games here as well(no region locks but PSN may cause problems).

Varik wrote: »
    Day after is cutting it closes, with travel time, time zones and the time of the fligh are you sure it's still the day after.

importing leaves you with a cheaper US vita, up to 32GB(compared to 16), and only a manufactures warranty.

I would get the card over there, the vita here and to be safe games here as well(no region locks but PSN may cause problems).

Yeah maybe so, but they are also having a launch on the 15th of Febuary for 350$ I get 3G Vita (Which is kind of worthless anyways because 3G won't work here) a 4GB card, Little Deviants and the Vita Starter kit @ 267euro seems like a bargain to me, as Starter Kit is 20euro here and bundle with card and game is about 270 I think... But I am pretty sure her flight is on the 23rd and not the 22nd so could pick up on the 22nd I think... 32GB card works out at around 76euros.. I think if I make a PSN account for Ireland (Or keep my PSN account for PS3) I can just download games on the store there.. Anyways I need to get the TV sold first and not sure if I will even get it sold :p..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think if I make a PSN account for Ireland (Or keep my PSN account for PS3) I can just download games on the store there.

I didn't mean that it would not take an Irish PSN account just that some DLC free or otherwise could be region locked, US game uses US downloads.

Varik wrote: »
    I didn't mean that it would not take an Irish PSN account just that some DLC free or otherwise could be region locked, US game uses US downloads.

Ohh yeah actually good point there, I think that may actually be the case.. But to be honest I rarely ever download DLC unless it's free so maybe it won't be such a big loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Has anyone seen any bundle prices yet?

padair wrote: »

i was in gamestop today and they still dont have any onfo on bundles. you do get some crapy headphone pack if you preorder, but nothing else...

255eu shop price 245eu online. i am really tempted...

i was told that i would get 95eu trade in for 3ds or 160eu for xbox360 250gb. dunno if i iwll be trading it in thought...

• Advertisement

padair wrote: »

Go on facebook game Ireland page they have deals up think it's 280 for vita game and 4gb card and extra 10 if you want uncharted instead of the other game.. Not 100% sure though as seen it a week ago

39669434251464243412914.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

39669434251464243412914.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nice one m8.

i went to gamestop and was told that for xbox360 250gb i would get 160eu, so it would mean

90eu+xbox=ps vita wifi

then i was told that i will get 95eu for 3ds, which will bring it to:

145eu+3ds= ps vita wifi

i dont know... misses does not want me to trade in stuff... so i might just buy it off.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/ps-vita/?cm_mmc=Twitter-_-Digital-_-PSVitaBundles-_-Link

Theres the Vita Bundles for UK GAME... May be roughly the same for Ireland if you use www.xe.com to translate the prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Sony just announced 3G vita bundle but looks like US only for now
    http://m.computerandvideogames.com/333761/sony-bundles-3g-vita-with-free-memory-card-online-time/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Played the Vita earlier today, amazing piece of tech.
    Games took ages to load though which sucked but apart from that everything is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'm just after trying a Vita in-store at GAME, the display is GIGANTIC! :) Very ergonomic unit to hold, and tried the touchscreen at the back to play Little Deviants, it's pretty cool, very responsive and probably really fun once you get the hang of it. Uncharted looks deadly too.

I'm just after trying a Vita in-store at GAME, the display is GIGANTIC! :) Very ergonomic unit to hold, and tried the touchscreen at the back to play Little Deviants, it's pretty cool, very responsive and probably really fun once you get the hang of it. Uncharted looks deadly too.

Are they on display in all stores or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

E mobile and 48 mobile are giving away free micro sims, you may need a credit/debit card to register on E mobile. Handy if you don't want to go with vodafone. E mobile is on Meteor. 48 are on O2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played with it today. Lovely piece of kit but the loading times are, and I'm not exaggerating, completely ridiculous.

To be honest, the original psp gave me way more of a "wow" factor than this did, as did the 3ds.

Definitely not a launch day release but might pick it up at christmas if the price has come down enough and the games line up is strong enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement