Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Downloaded Trial on Vita along with some unlock that was suppose to cost 9.99 but I seen Free underneath so download it.. Neither will install though:confused:

Which unlocks were they?

Did you find them on Vita or on the PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    Which unlocks were they?

Did you find them on Vita or on the PS3

Vita, ahh the whole game seems a bit confusing in the store.. Thought I may have got a free game it just wasn't meant to be :p... Tried on PS3 but was still a demo you have to buy the game packs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has anyone tried out any of the new stuff that you can now remote play with the vita?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried out any of the new stuff that you can now remote play with the vita?

Nope, but now thinking of it I was going to play Ratchet but now I shall stick in LBP 2 and try it out will let yas know what its like..

Edit: LBP 2 doesn't work, do I need DLC?

Didn't even know LBP 2 had it :pac: might dig out the god of war collection tomorrow, see how it goes.

• Advertisement

Didn't even know LBP 2 had it :pac: might dig out the god of war collection tomorrow, see how it goes.

Was it not the main one they broadcasted at gamescom? What other games work? I only have 1 controller now would have been great to play 2 player Fifa ..

God of war collection
    Ico/shadow of the collosus collection
    And tokyo jungle now apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Oh no.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-06-hacker-discovers-playstation-vita-exploit-starts-work-on-homebrew-loader-report

This better be fake. I know people will defend homebrew, but it's not worth it when the trade-off is piracy (and the inevitable further fall in support).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I need a bit of help with a PS Vita deal. I'm currently in New Zealand and I'm about to buy a Vita. I've been into 3 stores: EB Games, JB HIFI and Bond+Bond. In short, the sales staff were attrocious. JB had the best offer: a wifi Vita with Uncharted and an accessory pack for $449. I told the guy I needed a memory card instead of the accessories and showed him that the 4GB card was the same price as the pack so could he swap in the card. He said no. Gob****e.

I've since been on trademe.co.nz and found a used 3G Vita with Uncharted and a memory card for $420. This deal seems awesome as it's cheaper than a new wifi bundle from any store.

Here's a link:

https://touch.trademe.co.nz/listing/view/510140605

Would you buy this? Is there anything wrong with getting a used model ie PSN etc? Would his card be locked to a NZ account or could I wipe it and start fresh? I won't be d/loading any games until I get home as I want to use my Irish PSN account. Is it ok? I'm guessing I can just throw in a sim card when I get home too.

I've never bought a used console before and I've read about the Vita locking to one account.

I'll also be heading to the states next Friday before I head home so would it be cheaper there? Tax is added to the price at the counter sobim not sure if I'd get a better deal.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=shuffles03;80679428https://touch.trademe.co.nz/listing/view/510140605

Would you buy this? Is there anything wrong with getting a used model ie PSN etc? Would his card be locked to a NZ account or could I wipe it and start fresh? I won't be d/loading any games until I get home as I want to use my Irish PSN account. Is it ok? I'm guessing I can just throw in a sim card when I get home too.

I've never bought a used console before and I've read about the Vita locking to one account.[/QUOTE]

The Vita itself, as well as memory cards can be wiped and re-used. Not sure of the conversion rate over there, but if that is a good price, go for it.

[Though I would put some thought into getting a bigger memory card as some of the Vita's best titles are download-only i.e. Motorstorm R.C., Sound Shapes etc.]

I'll get a 32 when I get back. Would I be able to transfer data from one memory card to a new one? I'll probably only have Uncharted until I get back although I might pick up Gravity Daze as well. Would 4GB be enough initially for those?

I'm kind of swaying towards a new Vita and if so, I've only put enough aside for a wifi model (I told my g/f I'll win some money in Vegas but she's having none of it ha!!). Does anyone with the 3G model prefer it greatly over wifi? Near seems to me the only feature that would greatly benefit from 3G. Am I missing loads by not getting it? Hopefully will be picking one up tomorrow morning.

Also, I already have an Irish PSN account so what online functions can I use while I'm in NZ and the US without locking myself to a NZ or US PSN account?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I'll get a 32 when I get back. Would I be able to transfer data from one memory card to a new one?

Not directly. However you can use your PS3 or laptop to transfer games off of one memory card, then change the card in the Vita, reconnect it and transfer the games back.
    I'll probably only have Uncharted until I get back although I might pick up Gravity Daze as well. Would 4GB be enough initially for those?

I assume Uncharted is on a game card and you want to download Gravity Daze [Gravity Rush over here]? Cos if you want to download Uncharted too, then it alone is 3.3GB.
    I'm kind of swaying towards a new Vita and if so, I've only put enough aside for a wifi model (I told my g/f I'll win some money in Vegas but she's having none of it ha!!). Does anyone with the 3G model prefer it greatly over wifi? Near seems to me the only feature that would greatly benefit from 3G. Am I missing loads by not getting it? Hopefully will be picking one up tomorrow morning.

Personally, I think 3G is a waste if you have a decent smartphone. If you really need an Internet connection of the go, then use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
    Also, I already have an Irish PSN account so what online functions can I use while I'm in NZ and the US without locking myself to a NZ or US PSN account?

Sorry, no idea. Online play and downloading demos should be OK but game purchases might be an issue.

Cheers Otacon. You've been loads of help. I'll be buying physical copies of both Uncharted and Gravity Rush so I'm guessing the game saves won't take up too much space on a 4GB card.

Bought toy story 2 :cool: might buy something for the PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

retro grade works with remote play :)

Picked up the Ico collection from symths for 20 quid :cool: gonna try it with remote play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Otacon wrote: »
    Oh no.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-06-hacker-discovers-playstation-vita-exploit-starts-work-on-homebrew-loader-report

This better be fake. I know people will defend homebrew, but it's not worth it when the trade-off is piracy (and the inevitable further fall in support).

The exploit is a user-mode exploit - not kernel mode. So iso loaders won't be possible unless a further exploit is found.

I feel the same - i hope it doesn't hurt the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up the Ico collection from symths for 20 quid :cool: gonna try it with remote play.

Was that new or used for €20, good bargain either way.

• Advertisement

Twas brand new. Can't argue with that.

GOT IT!!!! I picked up the wifi model, Uncharted and a 4GB memory card. Now I'm off to buy a case. Any suggestions? I'm terrified of scratching this it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Going through FFVII on the bus on the way to work during the week. Ah the memories :)

GOT IT!!!! I picked up the wifi model, Uncharted and a 4GB memory card. Now I'm off to buy a case. Any suggestions? I'm terrified of scratching this it!

I like this one. Two compartments so cables and games can be carried around too. It may be worth picking up a game card holder too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Compartment-Carry-Case-Vita/dp/B007GYBTGW

51ZC3TIL3%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Playing Uncharted. The graphics are bloody brilliant. It's feels like I'm holding my PS3 in my hands! Also, earning trophies on the go is sweet too! So many to get in Uncharted. I'll be playing this for a while methinks! Anyone else find the picture arranging trophies in Welcome Park an absolute bitch?

Playing Uncharted. The graphics are bloody brilliant. It's feels like I'm holding my PS3 in my hands! Also, earning trophies on the go is sweet too! So many to get in Uncharted. I'll be playing this for a while methinks! Anyone else find the picture arranging trophies in Welcome Park an absolute bitch?

Yeah its a balls, theres some pics numbered 1-16 that you can take a pic of but I still cant get it..

Yeah its a balls, theres some pics numbered 1-16 that you can take a pic of but I still cant get it..

It would be easier to bleed myself to the dark lord than successfully rearrange those pictures in under 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So i just finished killing The End in Snake eater. I killed him just using MK22 and i thought i was supposed to get his Camo. Is this not the case? I did get the sniper rifle with the knockout rounds so maybe thats all you get from him.

I'm going to get another chance to try it anyway because my battery died fully for the first time and i realized that i haven't saved my game since the beginning.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

weiland79 wrote: »
    So i just finished killing The End in Snake eater. I killed him just using MK22 and i thought i was supposed to get his Camo. Is this not the case? I did get the sniper rifle with the knockout rounds so maybe thats all you get from him.

I'm going to get another chance to try it anyway because my battery died fully for the first time and i realized that i haven't saved my game since the beginning.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

oh harsh

• Advertisement

Quick question about changing the background image on the Vita. I've changed the lock screen no problem but I'm a bit stuck with changing the background on the main screen. When I edit the screen and choose a picture from the camera, it only changes the background of the first screen of icons and also, it only changes part of the screen (a square around the icons) leaving the stock coloured border to cover up the rest of the screen. Can I set it so that the whole screen uses the image?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement