Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »
    40 squid. No loyalty card discount :mad:

Which Smyths did you get it in,fcukers not giving a discount on a new release,this is happening way too much lately,if I were you I would ask for the €5 cost of the card back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Which Smyths did you get it in,fcukers not giving a discount on a new release,this is happening way too much lately,if I were you I would ask for the €5 cost of the card back.

The one in airside/ I actually asked the bloke if there was discount on it, he said no. I'm only keeping it in my wallet right now cos Pokemon black 2 is guaranteed to have the discount.

Stupid though,it says on the card all new release games are 10% off for the first 7 days,enough about that though is any one getting FIFA 13 on Vita on Friday? There is no ultimate edition as far as I can see,getting pricey owning a vita now. I wonder will it be as bad as FIFA Football online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The one in airside/ I actually asked the bloke if there was discount on it, he said no. I'm only keeping it in my wallet right now cos Pokemon black 2 is guaranteed to have the discount.

I wouldnt be so sure, they were only giving a euro off Borderlands 2.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be so sure, they were only giving a euro off Borderlands 2.

Yeah, but, I did this 398495_4029143841782_1608672558_n.jpg :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, but, I did this 398495_4029143841782_1608672558_n.jpg :pac:

Fair enough. Funnily enough I actually got the discount for LBP. I asked the girl serving if there was a discount, she said she wasn't sure and would get a manager to check. 5 minutes later with no manager coming she just went to the till and gave me €4 back:D

I was fairly annoyed I didn't get the discount, but it was the same price everywhere else so.

I was fairly annoyed I didn't get the discount, but it was the same price everywhere else so.

Ah, but it's the principle that's important;) (Seriously, I really hope they give the discount for Pokemon and don't try to back out somehow.)

If they refuse me my discount for pokemon, I shall not shop there again. Therefore my places to actually buy games will be HMV/xtravision :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Wing126 wrote: »
    No, you'll need to get the dlc from the american store. I think you'll need to play the game on an american account aswell when you want to use the dlc. Not sure about that though.

Crap! So maybe I should buy this at home then? Is MGS a worthy alternative?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Crap! So maybe I should buy this at home then? Is MGS a worthy alternative?

If you're going to be buying the DLC for LBP then i'd recommend getting it here yeah!
    Yes, I think MGS would be worthy, MGS3 and 2 are great games! But transfarring won't work. Which is transferring saves from the Vita version to the PS3 verison. But if you don't have the PS3 version then there's no need to worry. Or you could just pick up the PS3 version of it over there aswell and it should work.

I seriously hate region encoding. It's really annoying at times like this.

Cool. I'm glad I asked about the dlc. That would have been really annoying when I got back. I just assumed if it was region free I could log onto the Irish store when I was home and d/l the extra content. Bullet dodged there.

Is there any MGS dlc I should be worried about?

Nope, no MGS dlc. Only thing that would cause a problem is the transfarring as I said, but that only matters if you've the PS3 version.

Sweet! I'm off to pick it up now. Cheers!

What should be played first, 2 or 3? I ask because 3 is set in 1964 and 2 is set between 2007-2009 and when loaded on the Vita, 3 is given as the first choice before 2

3 is the earliest game in the series and is pretty much the prequel for the entire seires. So 3 then 2.
    Bit annoying that they didn't include 1 in the HD collection. Upgraded graphics or not it would have been good to have.

Currently creeping like a perve through some MGS bushes. Anyone who has ever said a bad word about the Vita must have been dropped on their head as a baby......REPEATEDLY!!

So I started the game on hard mode thinking that, like Uncharted, when I completed the game I would get trophies for easy, normal and hard at the same time. I've just noticed trophies don't exist for completing the game on each mode, just one overall trophy and now I can't change the difficulty setting. Am I stuck on hard? Don't let it be so. The bushes aren't my friends. Camouflage paint is not my friend. Using the rear touch pad to slit a throat is not my friend either. I need sanctuary. Can I change or does the whole game have to be reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Play MGS2 first. Then 3, as 3 is the newer game so there's more features. Would suck to go from an adjustable camera in 3 to a fixed one in 2.

Play MGS2 first. Then 3, as 3 is the newer game so there's more features. Would suck to go from an adjustable camera in 3 to a fixed one in 2.

Any thoughts on changing the difficulty setting in-game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Any thoughts on changing the difficulty setting in-game?
    I think you're pretty much stuck on the same difficulty, throughout the campaign, so don't be hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Things to do today.

1. Kill Volgin with my MK22

2. Actually get my Vita back off my 7yr daughter who hasn't stopped playing LBP since Saturday. It's mine and i want it back!

Looks like I have to completely delete/uninstall the game from the Vita in order to change the difficulty setting. This won't delete the trophies I've earned for the game will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Looks like I have to completely delete/uninstall the game from the Vita in order to change the difficulty setting. This won't delete the trophies I've earned for the game will it?

Short answer: No

Long answer: Still No

weiland79 wrote: »
    Short answer: No

Long answer: Still No

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just make sure you synch all your trophies all with the server, they'll stay for good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

really wish I had the cash to get the ff games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

really wish I had the cash to get the ff games :(

Get one at a time, im currently replaying 7 . Have to say i much prefer the Vita to my PSP go, the screensize is really good for ff.

If anyone spots Fifa Vita on sale early this week please post asap.

• Advertisement

I was in the middle of playing MGS when I went to save my game and noticed it was creating a new save instead of overwriting the existing one. I thought this was strange so I quit the game and relaunched it only to be told that my memory card was corrupted and I had to delete my game. I've just lost 3 hours of gameplay!!! Is my card screwed?? Since this happened I've found that if you power off the Vita and then press and hold the power button, PS button and R button, the Vita will boot into a recovery mode which will allow you to restore your corrupt save without deleting it. However, I stumbled upon this fact AFTER I had wiped my card and so have nothing!! Seriously pissed right now. Is this common and should I get a new card? This has only started happening since I bought MGS. It wouldn't have anything to do with it being a US game would it? I know it's region free but would saving and trophies syncing to my Irish PSN account cause this to happen?

I'm afraid to start again in case this happens again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement