Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

If anyone spots Fifa Vita on sale early this week please post asap.
    If anyone spots FIFA vita at all let me know. Have a bad feeling this is going to be the same game as last year but just roster updated. No news, no gameplay no video footage or reviews were is it hiding? Is it even out this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If anyone spots FIFA vita at all let me know. Have a bad feeling this is going to be the same game as last year but just roster updated. No news, no gameplay no video footage or reviews were is it hiding? Is it even out this week.

Ya thats why I went for tbe ps3 version instead,it is listed to be released this week though

Ya thats why I went for tbe ps3 version instead,it is listed to be released this week though
    Yeah thought about getting ps3 version but liked FIFA football on vita and had more time to play it than ps3. FIFA football is a good game but of the just updated the rosters it's very lazy on ea's part.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah thought about getting ps3 version but liked FIFA football on vita and had more time to play it than ps3. FIFA football is a good game but of the just updated the rosters it's very lazy on ea's part.

Indeed,no demo either for vita,if you do get it let us know how it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm getting it on the Vita, just to score those screamers with the back touchpad, despite it destroying my fingers.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm getting it on the Vita, just to score those screamers with the back touchpad, despite it destroying my fingers.
    Might get it on ps3 and buy last years one for vita again it's only 20 euro specialy if it's the same game. I'll give it a day or two its out in America today I think so should have a review by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths are only giving 5% off FIFA 13 on all consoles. Seems the price for the Vita version will be €49.99 or thereabouts in all stores,it better be good;)

I found this thread,people are not happy with it,it would seem

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669350-fifa-soccer-13/64123434

Jaysus, if that's true, that's miserable.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus, if that's true, that's miserable.

Ya Indeed :(

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I was in the middle of playing MGS when I went to save my game and noticed it was creating a new save instead of overwriting the existing one. I thought this was strange so I quit the game and relaunched it only to be told that my memory card was corrupted and I had to delete my game. I've just lost 3 hours of gameplay!!! Is my card screwed?? Since this happened I've found that if you power off the Vita and then press and hold the power button, PS button and R button, the Vita will boot into a recovery mode which will allow you to restore your corrupt save without deleting it. However, I stumbled upon this fact AFTER I had wiped my card and so have nothing!! Seriously pissed right now. Is this common and should I get a new card? This has only started happening since I bought MGS. It wouldn't have anything to do with it being a US game would it? I know it's region free but would saving and trophies syncing to my Irish PSN account cause this to happen?

I'm afraid to start again in case this happens again.

No, syncing trophies/it being an american game wouldn't cause that otherwise there'd be a hell of a lot more reports about the same thing. It might have been an accidental power off, or you just got unlucky somehow. From a quick google I see that other people seem to be having some problems regarding saves and 1.8.1. Sony probably needs to do a look into these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to start again in case this happens again.

Sorry to hear that. I may sound like a pr!ck for saying this, but back up regularly. If you have a PS3 or PC/laptop, connect up your PSV every week and run a backup. I may take up to an hour to run [with a 4GB card, far less] but its worth it.

Once the Vita has PS+, cloud saving should help with this also.

I heard its better on the Vita, infact one review said it feels like they put more work into the Vita version.

I heard its better on the Vita, infact one review said it feels like they put more work into the Vita version.

I think that's because the Vita FIFA game was running the FIFA 2011 engine with updated rosters. The leap from 2011 to 2013 is apparently much greater than that of 2012 to 2013 on home consoles.

Can you post that link please :D?

http://reviews.cnet.com/playstation-3-games/fifa-soccer-13-playstation/4505-9992_7-35438390.html

The Vita version:
    Even though the Vita version is basically the same as its console counterparts, for some reason it feels more improved. We think the developers have had more time time to work with the Vita, so the game just feels more polished and performs better than 12, which only arrived about six months ago. The touch controls have also been tweaked and add a nice (and different) dynamic to the game. You can touch players to pass directly to them or touch anywhere on the screen to feed a ball to that point. You can also shoot by simply touching the spot on the goal you want to aim for -- or you can use the back panel to shoot. The touch scheme just seems to work a little better, which makes you want to use it more. Some people will want to turn off the back panel controls (you have to play with your hands out or risk taking an accidental shot if you're in the attacking third). But I really think the Vita version has come into its own with this release and is a lot of fun to play -- maybe even more so than the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Those curious about the Vita version should find comfort that it feels improved over last March's game.

Otacon wrote: »
    I think that's because the Vita FIFA game was running the FIFA 2011 engine with updated rosters. The leap from 2011 to 2013 is apparently much greater than that of 2012 to 2013 on home consoles.

This is also true, im still glad, its all the Vita has going for it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

little kings story is out for the vita tomorrow aswell such an amazing game this will be a MUST buy

its all the Vita has going for it to be honest.

:confused:

With games like Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Guacamelee and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale coming, I'm not sure I agree [not to mention PS+ coming in November].

• Advertisement

Gravity Rush is the best I've played on it. It's got strong games.

This is also true, im still glad, its all the Vita has going for it to be honest.

????????? :eek: really?

With games like Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Guacamelee and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale coming, I'm not sure I agree [not to mention PS+ coming in November].

^that plus little kings story tomorrow is going to be amazing just google it it was one of the best wii games available

All stars battle royal will bring the total fighting games to 3 ??

Assassins creed is original but not the only third person game

Need for speed, again there are already racing games.

I wish there were more but there is not, shame really .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

God help you when you see how many FIFA games EA plan to release in the coming years.

Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Persona 4 Golden, Sly Cooper, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenaries, Retro City Rampage, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Phantasy Star Online 2, KickBeat... and they are just the games on my to-buy list that I know about.

LITTLE KINGS STORY WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST GAMES ON VITA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Soooo anyone hyped for New Little King's Story? surprised to see no-one talking about it in every single post.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Soooo anyone hyped for New Little King's Story? surprised to see no-one talking about it in every single post.

Its a strategy rpg?

ShaneU wrote: »

ok so im excited a small bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Street Fighter X Tekken will bring the fighting games to four, Mortal Kombat, Blazblue, Ultimate Marvel 3 are the others. Looking forward to getting New Little King's Story but I would prefer to wait for a hard copy rather than downloaded one.

Allstar Battle Royal will suck big time if the beta is anything to go on, it is way too hard to see your character and it is a really cheap knockoff of Smash Bros.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement