Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Has anyone tried putting Final Fantasy III on their PS Vita?

Does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ShaneU wrote: »
    Soooo anyone hyped for New Little King's Story? surprised to see no-one talking about it in every single post.

Surprised it's a full price game to be honest, but I will admit I don't know a lot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Surprised it's a full price game to be honest, but I will admit I don't know a lot about it.

learn my child learn.................. it was a wii game not huge but one of the best while i dont agree with metacritic its the easiest to give a general idea of players thoughts and critics alike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_King's_Story

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/little-kings-story

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/new-little-kings-story

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seen something scary today, HMV are offering less than €70 cash for a Wifi Vita,they are selling them for €199.99 used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Seen something scary today, HMV are offering less than €70 cash for a Wifi Vita,they are selling them for €199.99 used.

Really? I was quoted 101 in blanch two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Really? I was quoted 101 in blanch two weeks ago.

It was on the orange card price list last night in Henry Street, I think it was €120 credit but only €67 or thereabouts cash,I will take a photo tomorrow and upload it here.

Christ. Would like to point out I no longer work there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Bought FIFA 13 today as I had traded FIFA football a month or two ago. It's basically the same game as has been reported. I do find the framerate better and the obvious roster update. Haven't played online only played 4 games but it does feel a better game but nowhere near a full update I'd say if you have FIFA football hold onto it but if you take it as a single game and foget about the "rip off feel" then this is still the best portable FIFA around and it still looks and plays a good game of footy.

Bought FIFA 13 today as I had traded FIFA football a month or two ago. It's basically the same game as has been reported. I do find the framerate better and the obvious roster update. Haven't played online only played 4 games but it does feel a better game but nowhere near a full update I'd say if you have FIFA football hold onto it but if you take it as a single game and foget about the "rip off feel" then this is still the best portable FIFA around and it still looks and plays a good game of footy.

and on that note im gonna pick up up last years for the 14,99 smyths are selling it pre owned lol

Yeah when I heard there was going to be a FIFA 13 in traded in FIFA football two months ago for 30 credit so not to bad picked this up for 49 so don't feel to hard done by. But wouldn't pay the 49 if I hadn't not worth it for the small updates that I could see so far but still a good game as I said.

• Advertisement

Christ. Would like to point out I no longer work there :pac:

Wow you worked in HMV,I never knew.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've been pondering over a PS Vita or not lately. Is it worth the buy? I'm looking forward to Persona 4 Golden but is there anything else exciting in the pipeline?

I've been pondering over a PS Vita or not lately. Is it worth the buy? I'm looking forward to Persona 4 Golden but is there anything else exciting in the pipeline?
    Depends what your looking for I have FIFA, uncharted, Raman, hussel kings, blob, ninja gaiden, metal gear already and looking to get lbp, ratchet and clank, sly cooper, assasins creed not to mention the GOW psp games and Gta, if that's all that came out I'd be happy with it so I think it has plenty of games for me and the kids so it's justified the cost to me already. Most of my consoles only gave about 20 or so games I really want so I'm half way there. See what games you like if there are enough out or coming out get it if not hold off.

What type of games do you play?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mostly JRPGs on my PSP. Bit of racing games and the odd platformer. Metal Gear/COD/Assassin's Creed and the likes doesn't interest me.

Mostly JRPGs on my PSP. Bit of racing games and the odd platformer. Metal Gear/COD/Assassin's Creed and the likes doesn't interest me.

OK then. Already available are Disgaea 3, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins, LBP as well as a wealth of PSP and PS1 games. And in case caspa gets an ulcer, New Little King's Story.

Coming soon are Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Tearaway, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Ragnarok Odyssey.

Also, try Sound Shapes.

Otacon wrote: »
    OK then. Already available are Disgaea 3, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins, LBP as well as a wealth of PSP and PS1 games. And in case caspa gets an ulcer, New Little King's Story.

Coming soon are Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Tearaway, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Ragnarok Odyssey.

Also, try Sound Shapes.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D

Aren't most of those coming soon games delayed? That's why I'm unsure tbh. I see a few games that would entertain me but unsure if it warrants a console purchase.

Aren't most of those coming soon games delayed? That's why I'm unsure tbh. I see a few games that would entertain me but unsure if it warrants a console purchase.

First I heard of delays TBH. However, if you're not sold on it now, wait for a price drop, or at least a drop in the price of its accessories.

I'd love it if the recently announced kingdom hearts collection found its way onto vita :)

• Advertisement

I'd love it if the recently announced kingdom hearts collection found its way onto vita :)

http://dualpixels.com/2012/05/30/kingdom-hearts-hd-remix-to-be-shown-at-e3-2012-for-ps3-wii-u-and/

no smoke without fire...............

I thought it was just PS3 :D Lovely jubbly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

caspa307 wrote: »
    LITTLE KINGS STORY WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST GAMES ON VITA!!!

It will be if the Wii game is anything to go by. Really great game that reminds me of Pikimn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Has anyone played Escape Plan?

I bought it during the week and i really want to like it. I love the art style and the premise.

Here's a room escape.

Here's the problem.

The Controls are fooked! I mean maybe it's just me but i can't get the character to do what i want at all. I can't get past the third room.

Has anyone managed to finish it?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Bought Fifa 13 on both PS3 and Vita today as i was impressed with the early release. Vita Version is a real disappointment I cant see any difference between the previon version whereas I have been impressed between PS3s latest edition. Even the menus are identical in Vita Fifa 13 and not one new feature as far as i can see so far. The game engine differences between Fifa 13 and Fifa 12 are very noticible on the PS3. Whatever game engine has been used in Fifa 13 vita is doesnt feellike a new game engine.

Bought Fifa 13 on both PS3 and Vita today as i was impressed with the early release. Vita Version is a real disappointment I cant see any difference between the previon version whereas I have been impressed between PS3s latest edition. Even the menus are identical in Vita Fifa 13 and not one new feature as far as i can see so far. The game engine differences between Fifa 13 and Fifa 12 are very noticible on the PS3. Whatever game engine has been used in Fifa 13 vita is doesnt feellike a new game engine.
    Yeah it's disapointing I thought the frame rate was abit better but that could be just me. I still think the game as a stand alone is very good but as a yearly update its lazy. Should have been an update for the old one for like a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Yeah it's disapointing I thought the frame rate was abit better but that could be just me. I still think the game as a stand alone is very good but as a yearly update its lazy. Should have been an update for the old one for like a tenner.
    I agree on the stand alone bit I'll play it as there is nothing better. €55 is very pricey compared to 59 for the PS3 version with so many more features.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I just couldn't justify paying even €49.99 today for Fifa 13. If it hits €39.99 soon, I'll pick it up, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

weiland79 wrote: »
    Has anyone played Escape Plan?

I bought it during the week and i really want to like it. I love the art style and the premise.

Here's a room escape.

Here's the problem.

The Controls are fooked! I mean maybe it's just me but i can't get the character to do what i want at all. I can't get past the third room.

Has anyone managed to finish it?

Yeah I finished it and I agree, controls were poor. Disappointing game all round

Can't remember what the third room is about, probably something to do with tapping the back to distract the enemies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭HoldStady

I bought the PS Vita and have an 8mb memory card. I have two games - Escape Plan which is downloaded and MGS which is bought so only saved memory on it.
    I have tried to download Fifa 13 today. It says I need 2888 megs to d/l.

When I go to settings I have 2550 mb so thats the problem. However when I go to the content Manager Assistant (CMA) on PC it says I have over 3780 MB free.
    Also when I try to lmove stuff off PS vita's memory card using the CMA( I have no photos, videos or anything else) it says that Escape plan is 2500mb and MGS is 2400kb. Therefore I should have over 5k MB left.

Does anyone know where the memory could be going that I cannot see as I do not want to shell out for more memory cards. As far as I can see the only other memory should be the OS which should not depend on the memory card.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement