Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Are you sure you've nothing else on it? No demos? They can be quite big.

You could trying going into recovery mode and choosing "Rebuild Database" - that might free up the spare memory. Don't format memorycard as that will wipe everything

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bought Fifa 13 on both PS3 and Vita today as i was impressed with the early release. Vita Version is a real disappointment I cant see any difference between the previon version whereas I have been impressed between PS3s latest edition. Even the menus are identical in Vita Fifa 13 and not one new feature as far as i can see so far. The game engine differences between Fifa 13 and Fifa 12 are very noticible on the PS3. Whatever game engine has been used in Fifa 13 vita is doesnt feellike a new game engine.

I'm glad I went for the ps3 version now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Played ACIII: Liberation at the Eurogamer Expo today. A day-1 purchase for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Was gonna wait for a price drop but **** it im buying one after Halloween :pac:

3DS has nothing really that i want to play a the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Seen more footage of Soul Sacrifice today and it's gonna be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

http://www.develop-online.net/news/42098/Former-Codemasters-execs-head-up-Sega-Hardlight
    Solihull-based developer to focus on digital titles for iOS, Android and Windows

The former creative director of Codemasters’ Southam studio is heading up Sega’s new Hardlight studio, Develop can reveal.

Sion Lenton has taken up the position of studio manager, and has joined the founder and studio director Chris Southall, who previously worked as CTO for Sega Europe and Codemasters.

Based in Solihull Sega Hardlight is focusing on the development of digital titles for handheld devices such as iOS, Android and Windows. Lenton said the developer's previously announced "unique action adventure" for PS Vita is currenly on hold whilst it "figured out the best way to bring it to market".

The studio will develop its own original titles as well as leveraging Sega's wide array of IP, and will work across a variety of genres.

As well as working on its own titles, Hardlight has provided support for a number of Sega titles such as Sonic Unleashed, Empire: Total War, Bayonetta and Vanquish.

“We have no plans to limit ourselves to one genre, our ethos is more exploration of ideas and finding mechanics that we feel will stimulate and excite our users,” said Lenton.

“We have a huge box of toys to play with and we’ve only just begun to play with them, we are starting fairly small, leveraging Sega IP and as former console developers, learning about making games in the digital space. As you see our roadmap develop, you’ll see some more surprising & delighting uses of Sega IP, as well as original IP.”

The developer currently houses 21 permanent staff, with some of them from the original Sega Rally team and Sega’s R&D division.

The Solihull division will also use a number of contract staff to develop various tiles on short cycles of four to eight months.

You can read our interview with studio manager Sion Lenton for more information.
    Sigh. But I guess I can't blame them, what with Sega's current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

What game was that?

Wing126 wrote: »
    What game was that?
    I'm not entirely sure. This is the first time I've heard of this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Wing126 wrote: »
    What game was that?
    I'm not entirely sure. This is the first time I've heard of this game.
    Vanquish'd be sweet

Vanquish'd be sweet
    Not from Platinum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder is this the game that is on hold.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/652583-samurai-and-dragons/images

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get New Little King's Story? any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is it out?

psn only, but yeah im getting it tuesday

caspa307 wrote: »
    psn only, but yeah im getting it tuesday

oh its out tuesday,thought it was out already on vita

oh its out tuesday,thought it was out already on vita

thats cool i think ill buy it there to save memory space

no it was out last tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My mate has it boxed :rolleyes: I dunno, not bothered really. The wii version goes for peanuts these days.

My mate has it boxed :rolleyes: I dunno, not bothered really. The wii version goes for peanuts these days.

yeah but this is a kind of sequel lol

Found it in Gamestop for €44.99 new, wondering is it worth the chance or should I wait until the January sales.

• Advertisement

Konami has released a free playable demo for Silent Hill: Book of Memories for the PlayStation Vita via the PlayStation Network.

The exclusive, single-player taster of the first Silent Hill title for the Sony handheld, features the first two zones from the game and a battle against the game’s Fire Boss. The demo will give PlayStation Vita users their first chance to experience the combat and exploration elements of the new game and also features the intro cinematics, to wet the appetite for the full game’s horrifying story.

Players can select one of two characters for use in the demo and a selection of weapons and adversaries from latter stages of the full game, are also included.

The full game is out in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Konami has released a free playable demo for Silent Hill: Book of Memories for the PlayStation Vita via the PlayStation Network.

The exclusive, single-player taster of the first Silent Hill title for the Sony handheld, features the first two zones from the game and a battle against the game’s Fire Boss. The demo will give PlayStation Vita users their first chance to experience the combat and exploration elements of the new game and also features the intro cinematics, to wet the appetite for the full game’s horrifying story.

Players can select one of two characters for use in the demo and a selection of weapons and adversaries from latter stages of the full game, are also included.

The full game is out in 2 weeks.

Demo was released last week, found it to be good. Had my doubts about it, its a hack and slash game so the atmosphere of the usual silent hill games is non existant but still nice

little kings story on vita is so good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

tonydude wrote: »
    Demo was released last week, found it to be good. Had my doubts about it, its a hack and slash game so the atmosphere of the usual silent hill games is non existant but still nice

thats good to hear , im just getting into the sh franchise and becoming a bg fan , def need a vita now

Any reviews for little kings story yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Any reviews for little kings story yet?

78 on Metacritic

Otacon wrote: »

with 5 positives

Just finished MGS2 HD. What a ridiculous game. It's basically 90% cutscenes and 10% gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/371270/playstation-mobile-launches-for-vita-and-android/

Playstation mobile is now on the Vita, with 21 games currently available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement