Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

But you think it's boring.

That doesn't answer what I asked does it??

My Xbox is gone need something to get me to wii u release date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ShaneU wrote: »
    Aww **** just remembered loving that card game, starting ff9 again, god damn you all.

It is really damn good. More complexed then it looks. I loved the one in ff8, but this is very good too.
    Did they said that we will get a ffx vita version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/no-official-word-on-final-fantasy-x-hds-progress-square-enix-6394063

No new info as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

http://kotaku.com/5923638/expect-more-final-fantasy-xiii-but-dont-expect-final-fantasy-x-hd-any-time-soon

I think we will get it, but not for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lol, haven't checked thread in a while but glad to see I'm on the same page as the rest of you.

On disk 2 of FF9.

also *nerd hat* the reactor blown up at the start of FF7 is in sector 1, not 8.

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    Lol, haven't checked thread in a while but glad to see I'm on the same page as the rest of you.

On disk 2 of FF9.

also *nerd hat* the reactor blown up at the start of FF7 is in sector 1, not 8.

Touché. With all this talk of FFIX, I think I'm going to have to get it and play both at the same time. One part in VII that's just around the corner and I can't wait for is at the top of Shinra HQ where you have to follow the trails of blood. Epic!

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Touché. With all this talk of FFIX, I think I'm going to have to get it and play both at the same time. One part in VII that's just around the corner and I can't wait for is at the top of Shinra HQ where you have to follow the trails of blood. Epic!

Love that part of the game, If you head over here you can see my OH's playthrough of FF7 (she's not a gamer but finished it!) and one of the bits that really struck her emotionally was the blood trails, errie music etc there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well damn you all I will have to check out FF. Should I start FFVII first yes?

Yes Tipsy. Come over to the dark side. It's glorious over here.

FFVII would be a good place to start if you have already played it and want the nostalgia. However FFIX and FFVI are both better games IMO.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    FFVII would be a good place to start if you have already played it and want the nostalgia. However FFIX and FFVI are both better games IMO.

I'd recommend FFVII for someone who's been into games for a while and is aware of the general reputation around FFVII. If you're completely new, go to FFIX first, its "friendlier" to start with.

After playing FFVII for a little over 2 days now, I'm glad they didn't remaster it in HD. It's pure perfection as it is. The level of artwork alone is astonishing for a game of it's time.....and today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'd recommend IX first too.
    Better game than VII - Also a good game, just IX is better, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Still no retro city rampage this week and sony are ignoring the comments about it, what a joke.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'd recommend IX first too.
    Better game than VII - Also a good game, just IX is better, imo.

They are a bit pricey at €9.99:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Better than any game that came out this year for that price.

You will get at least 20 hours of entertainment for that price. Well worth it IMO.

Otacon wrote: »
    You will get at least 20 hours of entertainment for that price. Well worth it IMO.

Is it only 20 hours? I remember when I was playing it when I was 15 and thinking it contained a bazillion to the power squared number of hours. Damn!! Ah well, at least I'll be onto IX sooner than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

LOL id gladly pay 30 euro for the 3 of them then 35 for anything on the psn store at the moment

Bit of a side question but seeing as we're on the topic of Final Fantasy at the moment, are there any FF books/graphic novels that anyone could recommend? Sorry mods in advance for posting this here and not in the book thread but I figured I might get a good answer while we're on the topic.

(Runs and hides behind the radiator in anticipation of a modded scolding)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This thread now just proves how big of a **** Sony did, by not making psone games avelable for vita on launch.
    All I play on vita now is ff9 and parasite eve 2. There's a ton of psone games I will get later on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any reviews up for Asses creed on vita. I'm away for a week next week and am trying to decide between this and Uncharted.

This thread now just proves how big of a **** Sony did, by not making psone games avelable for vita on launch.
    All I play on vita now is ff9 and parasite eve 2. There's a ton of psone games I will get later on too.

play some vita games dude, im playing:

LBP
    little kings story
    MGS
    gravity rush
    SSD
    zen pinball

plus all the releases in the next 8 weeks, give your vita a chance i remember buying a 3ds at launch and thinking the same thing a year in

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Bit of a side question but seeing as we're on the topic of Final Fantasy at the moment, are there any FF books/graphic novels that anyone could recommend? Sorry mods in advance for posting this here and not in the book thread but I figured I might get a good answer while we're on the topic.

(Runs and hides behind the radiator in anticipation of a modded scolding)

Frank Verdosa series here is a great set of fanfiction for the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still haven't opened my Little Kings Story yet, didn't like LBP and have since traded it off Assassins Creed Liberation for next week, I am also buying Street Fighter X Tekken tomorrow, after that I am going to wait to see what the Playstation Plus for Vita draws up.

Oh also Jonah Lomu is pretty good for €30 New in Smyths, if you like Rugby.

Still haven't opened my Little Kings Story yet, didn't like LBP and have since traded it off Assassins Creed Liberation for next week, I am also buying Street Fighter X Tekken tomorrow, after that I am going to wait to see what the Playstation Plus for Vita draws up.

is it good on vita, im really tempted to pick it up, yeah ill pick up streetfighter x tekken over the weekend aswell, LBP is one of them games, you either do you dont, but yeah ass creed liberation is the one to watch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you played the rugby game ya?definitely worth getting so :)?

I saw on the store there a few weeks that they had fifa 13 for psp for 30 euro,was gonna get because fifa 13 is 50 but they must have taken it down off the because i cant find it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any reviews up for Asses creed on vita. I'm away for a week next week and am trying to decide between this and Uncharted.

Really looking forward to AC Liberation. I played it at the Eurogamer Expo, it really impressed me. It feels like a full fledged AC game, far more impressive than Bloodlines on PSP did. I'm curious as to how long it'll be.

On the other hand, you can't go wrong with Uncharted!

Uncharted on Vita is named handheld game of the year at the Golden Joystick awards.

Edit - that was my 2000th post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

I just started playing ff7. Is it possible to use the analogue stick. As I have a cut on my thumb and is driving me mad pressing the d-pad. I have already held down the touch screen till option s comes up and gone into controller options and pressed analogue but it doesn't seem to work.

Hanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement