Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

dclewis wrote: »
    I just started playing ff7. Is it possible to use the analogue stick. As I have a cut on my thumb and is driving me mad pressing the d-pad. I have already held down the touch screen till option s comes up and gone into controller options and pressed analogue but it doesn't seem to work.

Hanks in advance

nope......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone picked up Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? Reviews are amazing, apparently its a must have PSVita game. Might sway towards a PSVita with this and P4 coming out.

Anyone picked up Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? Reviews are amazing, apparently its a must have PSVita game. Might sway towards a PSVita with this and P4 coming out.

is it out yet?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

caspa307 wrote: »
    is it out yet?

In the US yes, Nov 12 for EU

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

that looks interesting....rpg?

that looks interesting....rpg?

More of a visual novel. IGN gave it 9.5 out of 10 and a PSVita essential mention...

More of a visual novel. IGN gave it 9.5 out of 10 and a PSVita essential mention...

ahh lowest review ive seen for it was a 9.3 i think i might journey to amazon on wensday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The American version has both American and Japanese voice acting, European is only Japanese?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just picked up my vita anyone looking to offload some older titles??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

LBP is awesome, best game on vita and my goty on all consoles.

LBP is awesome, best game on vita and my goty on all consoles.

Give me yourcopy now good sir

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone got the "GPU Driver detects GPU Crash" crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone got the "GPU Driver detects GPU Crash" crash.

Nope. How did it happen? Can you repoduce?

There's a comprehensive error list here

Check the error log on your vita and see if the code is documented

animaX wrote: »
    Nope. How did it happen? Can you reproduce?

There's a comprehensive error list here

Check the error log on your vita and see if the code is documented

Playing Unit 13, i set off two PEs and shot two guys on full auto so a lot was happening.

Black screen
    with the below in white

"GPU Driver detects GPU Crash"

[*............]

* started to fill it

[********]

Then nothing so i just reset it and when i turned it back on it told me that it the vita had been turn off incorrectly ( close to what the PS3 say when you plug it out and start it the next time). The thing is working well now, seems to have happen to only a few people and never seems to be a persistent problem.

Edit: error popped up over frozen gameplay first then to black with error.

Can anyone list the best vita games to download or buy?

I currently have mutant blobs ( fantastic game)

Motor storm rc, wipeout 2048, super stardust and hot shots golf

Can anyone list the best vita games to download or buy?

I currently have mutant blobs ( fantastic game)

Motor storm rc, wipeout 2048, super stardust and hot shots golf

Gravity Rush is number 1 for me. Original and unique, something the vita is generally lacking

Gravity Rush is number 1 for me. Original and unique, something the vita is generally lacking

Tried the demo wasn't that mad about it to be honest. Does full game fulfill the reviews etc?

Do the gta games play well on vita and what gta games are available? Absolutely love mutant blobs what a great game!!!

Tried the demo wasn't that mad about it to be honest. Does full game fulfill the reviews etc?

Do the gta games play well on vita and what gta games are available? Absolutely love mutant blobs what a great game!!!

The demo didn't do it justice to be honest. It was too restricted, the real game is much more open and free.

But now you have a bias against it so I'm not sure if you'd be able to enjoy it :pac:

If you enjoyed mutant blobs then you might also enjoy sound shapes. It's a similar platformer, though the platforming is not the key selling point. The challenge mode and music/stage creation element is enjoyable.

Otherwise, save money for some of the key games coming out soon (Virtues Last Reward, Assassins Creed, Persona 4 etc)

Edit: The GTA games (psp games) I think are playable but might look a bit crude on the vita screen. They definitely are enjoyable all the same

The demo didn't do it justice to be honest. It was too restricted, the real game is much more open and free.

But now you have a bias against it so I'm not sure if you'd be able to enjoy it :pac:

If you enjoyed mutant blobs then you might also enjoy sound shapes. It's a similar platformer, though the platforming is not the key selling point. The challenge mode and music/stage creation element is enjoyable.

Otherwise, save money for some of the key games coming out soon (Virtues Last Reward, Assassins Creed, Persona 4 etc)

Edit: The GTA games (psp games) I think are playable but might look a bit crude on the vita screen. They definitely are enjoyable all the same
    Yeah loved mutant blobs such good fun..

Can get gravity rush for 29.99 in smyths used!! Might throw an eye on it so.

Never got the final fantasy series to be honest it's nearly criminal to say it here but it's true I don't like the games.

Have assassins creed preordered so looking forward to it!!

Gotta say the downloadable games in general are WAY overpriced gta vice city is 15 Chinatown wars 15 way too expensive imo

• Advertisement

Never got the final fantasy series to be honest it's nearly criminal to say it here but it's true I don't like the games.

Are you sure you want to add DARK-KNIGHT to your ignore list?

Yes

Varik wrote: »
    Are you sure you want to add DARK-KNIGHT to your ignore list?

Yes

Tbh never really played them but seems like very little action think that's why I never took to the games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I don't like them either and tbh I really dislike JRPG's in general. Pokemon is just about the only JRPG I can play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TomWalkingDead

Saw the trailer for the COD on the vita. Absolutely terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Not sure if this is the right thread, so if not apologies ! Will a PS Vita bought in the US be able to play games bought here or will it not allow other regions games to be played?

Saw the trailer for the COD on the vita. Absolutely terrible!

Yes it looks ****. Definitely wont be buying that version!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

wawaman wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread, so if not apologies ! Will a PS Vita bought in the US be able to play games bought here or will it not allow other regions games to be played?

Vita games are region-free. However, I'm not sure how DLC is affected by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

wawaman wrote: »

It will play them just fine.
    Dlc however, needs to be from the region the game is from I.E. If you get a game over there and you want DLC, you'll need a separate memory card with an american psn account to get the DLC for that game. While if you get a game over here you just plow on with the european account that you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Thanks for the replies, had completely forgotten about the DLC :o

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement