Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder
    will her background story be via dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Wonder
    will her background story be via dlc.
    Lol probably! But is that what they are slating it for a story?? That's stupid to be honest I just want a great game gameplay wise!!!

If only they would release dlc for mutant blobs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

animaX wrote: »
    Gravity Rush is number 1 for me. Original and unique, something the vita is generally lacking

Yeah, it's the only that's made me go back to the Vita time and again.

Bought Monkeyball for Vita up in Game in Belfast yesterday for £14.99, it's not bad,alternated between this and Street Fighter X Tekken on the bus journey home.

• Advertisement

Has anyone played assassins creed yet? Meant to be picking it up today but would like a boardsies opinion on it first if possible??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has anyone played assassins creed yet? Meant to be picking it up today but would like a boardsies opinion on it first if possible??

Ya Id like to know this too :)

Ya Id like to know this too :)

Plays great been playing couple of hours delighted I picked it up!!

Mod snip - Take it to adverts/swap thread.

man that virtues last reward has some reading in it!
    :eek:

caspa307 wrote: »
    man that virtues last reward has some reading in it!
    :eek:

Rising Star Games has delivered some gems in the past, this looks fun but not €50 fun, I hope who ever stocks it and even the PSN store sell it for max €29.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Just got a Vita Wifi 2nd hand with a 32gb card. Loving it. Managed to pick up an official travel case & another 32gb card for €40 on gumtree, great deal. Its not perfect as a console but I as I have PS+ I can't wait for this months announcements & hopefully better firmware.

Anyone know the best place to trade-in games. Have an unopened retail copy of Wipeout 2048 & Gamestop quoted me €17.10 credit or €11 (wtf) cash. Wipeouts never been my thing but neither has being ripped off by Gamestop.

The guy who sold me the Vita forgot to put the AC adapter in the box. Tried lots of other usb AC's (iphone/ipad etc), none worked, apart from 1. The usb AC adapter for my Logitech Performance Mouse MX charges the Vita. Its rated at 5.15V 1A which I hope is ok. Anyone any thoughts if this is a Vita killer. If its ok & others have Logitech mice may be worth a try as with the integrated 3 pin plug head its probably a bit more compact than the original with its extension lead (though fatter)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

How much did you pay 2nd hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It is very cold so I'm in bed with my hot water bottle and my vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

How much did you pay 2nd hand?

Got a really good deal. Paid €200 with a hori screen protector, hard case, wipeout 2048, Uncharted (both retail & Wipeout is still in the wrapper) and a 32gb memory card. Not a scratch on it :) Well pleased with myself.

Seems to me one of the positive things with the Vita is some buy it & never use it (not me or others here mind) so 2nd hand is often as good as new but less pricey with extras. There seems to be good deals out there 2nd hand on adverts, donedeal, gumtree etc.

Anyone recommend a stand/cradle. Can't seem to find the Sony original one in Ireland. Doesn't come with a vita/usb cable either so ordering a few from buyincoins. €1.50 each w/ free shipping if anyones looking for one, can't go wrong compared to to Sonys prices. http://www4.buyincoins.com/new_en/details/3ft-usb-data-transfer-sync-charge-charger-2-in-1-cable-for-ps-vita-psvita-psv-product-12084.html

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Wing126 wrote: »
    Got myself a PSN card, bought the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and have 20 quid left.
    Any recommendations for a Vita game? Was thinking of either Sound Shapes or Super Stardust Delta.

well do what i did a while back, keep the 20 quid on your system and follow the talk forum on wololo.net and find out what the next game is to buy to hack the psp emulation on your vita to play homebrew game and psp back-up iso's you have made from your originals...........or not :p

it does help to have the 20 on it. but sometime sony randomly put the vita games on for low prices for about a day or two at half the price, so you could hold onto it till they do a super low price cut for the day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

First impression of assassins creed liberation is very poor. It's sluggish, glitchy and badly designed. The cut-scenes look like early ps2 era!

Was clearly created by an inexperienced (or just not very good) studio.

Hopefully it will pick up as the game goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

It's not too great at all so far, Seems like dlc for the PS3 version with crappy controls. I am going to put it up for a couple of weeks to see if they patch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

It's not too great at all so far, Seems like dlc for the PS3 version with crappy controls. I am going to put it up for a couple of weeks to see if they patch it.

Have to say it is glitchy and all but I'm still enjoying it a fair bit. It's like uncharted for me I never expected the ps3 version on a handheld just wanted a good version of the series and both uncharted and assasins creed for vita do that for me all be it with glitches and control issues. I think if you don't buy into the Sony hype of ps3 in your hand you tend to enjoy the games more. But assasins creed isnt a patch on the ps3 versions like you said more like dlc. Pity the vita versions are compared to the ps3 versions but that's sonys marketings fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone else playing NFS:MW on the vita? It's rather good! I know one of the boardies is as I keep racing your times in autolog but for others its defo worth a look. best handheld racer in a long long time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

EJ22 wrote: »
    Anyone else playing NFS:MW on the vita? It's rather good! I know one of the boardies is as I keep racing your times in autolog but for others its defo worth a look. best handheld racer in a long long time

+1. Definitely a must if you own a Vita and are even moderately interested in racing games.

The fact that it isn't a watered-down version of the game is very impressive too.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    +1. Definitely a must if you own a Vita and are even moderately interested in racing games.

The fact that it isn't a watered-down version of the game is very impressive too.

Absolutely. I'll add you later as I'm looking for a few people to go against for achi's/lolz

EDIT: dunno your psn so add mine, its elmo567

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Absolutely. I'll add you later as I'm looking for a few people to go against for achi's/lolz

It's superfunhappydi FYI

ill be getting it and ass creed at the end of the month(trip to england coming up :P)

Cheers Ota, and great Caspa.. if enough get it we might be able to get a little tournament going like the Motorstorm RC one

Cheers Ota, and great Caspa.. if enough get it we might be able to get a little tournament going like the Motorstorm RC one

sounds good too me, never really got that far in the motorstorm game just couldnt get the hang of the controls lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

We need Football Manager and we need it now!

Only so many bus journeys until you complete FFVII,FIX and broken the analog sticks playing fifa :/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/376864/persona-4-arenas-eu-release-misses-2012/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That's the fighting game, not persona 4 rpg!!

animaX wrote: »
    That's the fighting game, not persona 4 rpg!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY sorry my bad :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

caspa307 wrote: »
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAY sorry my bad :o

P4G is coming out in Europe in 2013. Feb 22 to be precise

It is coming out in NA on the 20th of November though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement