Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm hoping somewhere(HMV) will do the launch games for 40.

I seen in the new Argos catalogue they have Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Everbodys Golf and Modnation Racers Roadtrip for €37.49 each. Thats as good as you'll get for them games unless they get around to announcing more bundles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats pretty good. Is that the instore catalogue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I don't get how the load times could be as bad as some are saying when they're using memory cards rather than spinning discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

amacachi wrote: »
    I don't get how the load times could be as bad as some are saying when they're using memory cards rather than spinning discs.

Could be any number of reasons, maybe the whole game is loaded into ram, maybe the cache size isn't great, could be decompressing textures etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just pre-ordered off amazon. They are doing a great bundle of Vita Wifi and a free 8gb memory card, and £15 for a selected game if you want (I got Rayman). It came to £239.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just pre-ordered off amazon. They are doing a great bundle of Vita Wifi and a free 8gb memory card, and £15 for a selected game if you want (I got Rayman). It came to £239.

whats that in euros ? good deal though

whats that in euros ? good deal though

Around €286

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Works out at about €280 pretty good, still going to hold out and see if this starts the ball rolling for the bundle deals, I want my vita on feb 22nd no later

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

Played it in Game Dundrum on Monday night, the place was empty and was just me and three staff so had a good chance to play it. Uncharted looked good and played well too, also played a couple mins of Little Deviants which worked really well with the back touch panel. Overall feels that little bit bigger than the PSP but I felt it was more sturdy. It was a 3G version but I was told the sim they got was a UK one so I couldn't test it which was a shame.
    After playing I feel happy enough that I pre-ordered it, now if only GameStop would give me my Pre-Order bonus :mad:

Amazon deal is good deal, I've already paid 50 quid on mine in HMV :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Thats pretty good. Is that the instore catalogue?

It was in the catalogue book my brother picked up over the weekend. Amazing what they are charging for the Vita itself though €295 for wifi & €355 for 3G. They had nothing else but the games I mentioned and the vita consoles.

Surprised they can charge that, its way over the RRP put down by Sony.

Does anybody else plan on ditching the game cards and just going downloadable? The games are between 1.5-2Gb as far as I know (Uncharted is over 3GB) so on a 8Gb card you'd get at least 3-4 games on at a time. The games will probably be €5 cheaper on the online store too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

brianmcdon wrote: »
    Played it in Game Dundrum on Monday night, the place was empty and was just me and three staff so had a good chance to play it. Uncharted looked good and played well too, also played a couple mins of Little Deviants which worked really well with the back touch panel. Overall feels that little bit bigger than the PSP but I felt it was more sturdy. It was a 3G version but I was told the sim they got was a UK one so I couldn't test it which was a shame.
    After playing I feel happy enough that I pre-ordered it, now if only GameStop would give me my Pre-Order bonus :mad:

How did you find the load times? Are they as noticeable as some have mentioned?

EnterNow wrote: »
    How did you find the load times? Are they as noticeable as some have mentioned?

I had to wait for Uncharted to load, didn't find it as bad as I've been hearing. I asked the guy working in the shop and he had the same opinion (he had played about 5 different games) not brilliant but not really a problem.

Do you have a link for that deal. I cannot find it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Will my vita arrive on the 22nd if I order via amazon

Will my vita arrive on the 22nd if I order via amazon

No either the 26/27 it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Surprised they can charge that, its way over the RRP put down by Sony.

That means nothing, shops pay a price per unit and can then charge what they like.

Most don't sell above these announced rrp prices as peopled will see it as being overcharged.

It would be illegal for sony to force a minimum price, they can only recommend.

• Advertisement

The price will probably come down during the summer to reflect 3DS prices, but I just can't wait for that! Looking forward to the 25th! (:( wont be home from college to collect it until that Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I actually can't afford it until April (My 21st). So i have 2 months to obverse people's reactions and to decide if i really want it or not. Good thing imo!

Ah ok , because i did it and ordered fifa and it was giving me £286.98

Could you get any game or was it just the games listed in the link?
    Whoops just checked seems like you can only choose from a selected set of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I'll prolly wait till' I see some proper games for it and not just a ps3 port.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Notorioux wrote: »

Which games are ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    Notorioux wrote: »

Which games are ports?

I think he means more portable games and not just handheld versions of home console games such as UC.

Whoops just checked seems like you can only choose from a selected set of games.

You can choose from the selected games but there are none i want. I want to pay more for fifa , but that means i have to pay for the Memory card then :(

You can choose from the selected games but there are none i want. I want to pay more for fifa , but that means i have to pay for the Memory card then :(

I hear Rayman is a good game but yeah I'll certainly be getting Fifa as one of my first games, it looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Varik wrote: »
    I think he means more portable games and not just handheld versions of home console games such as UC.

Escape Plan, Gravity Rush, Lumines, Little Deviants...

Don't you have the option to get the PSV and MC together and then select FIFA separately. I thought cloud or somebody mentioned that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement