Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    While I'm delighted I got a vita for Christmas and really like it, I can't help but notice the lack of attention it's getting from Sony.

I seriously hope that the Phantom Pain is a Vita game as I can't see anything coming out for it that interests me. Although I'll definitely give Persona a go as it has got rave reviews.

When I raised my concern, why did no one mention this game?

Looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Looks brilliant!

Yeah, looks good actually.

The screaming part mightn't exactly work on the bus though

28663357.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Everybody's golf reduced to 12.99 in argos, it was 16.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Everybody's golf reduced to 12.99 in argos, it was 16.99

I downloaded Everybody's Tennis from the store and for some reason the Saved Data (PSP) in settings is around 460mb when it's a couple of kb for other games. This is on top of the 1.2Gb the game is already taking up on my card. Anyone have a clue why this is? It's a fair bit of space to be taken up on my rapidly filling memory card!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

When I raised my concern, why did no one mention this game?

Looks brilliant!

MM are amazing, now that I have my LBP peripheral (vita), very much looking forward to this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

swirlser wrote: »
    MM are amazing, now that I have my LBP peripheral (vita), very much looking forward to this too.

I just spotted some cross buy dlc for lbp vita and lbp2 which lets you play together and use the vita screen..

I've explained it badly.

Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Heard a rumour that the Vita might be included as a controller with the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Like the new wii u thing? That would be cool

Are you sure that wasn't just speculation from an IGN article?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/03/bleak-or-bright-the-playstation-vitas-past-and-future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Anyone else play Street fighter x Tekken online??

I can't find a decent game. It always pairs me with united states, mexico and canada :confused:

I had it for the PS3 and there are loads of people playing it in the UK and Ireland. The vita version is supposed to be able to play PS3 so why cant I find anyone even when I choose to search PS3 games also?

My network is NAT 2 and ports open etc. I have 50mb BB and when I was playing on xbox I was host in a lot of games. Good ping etc.

Mortal Kombat and COD BOD seems to find games (loads of russian ones for some reason) but UMvC3 and SFxT is a ghost town.

Any Ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Anyone else play Street fighter x Tekken online??

I can't find a decent game. It always pairs me with united states, mexico and canada :confused:

I had it for the PS3 and there are loads of people playing it in the UK and Ireland. The vita version is supposed to be able to play PS3 so why cant I find anyone even when I choose to search PS3 games also?

My network is NAT 2 and ports open etc. I have 50mb BB and when I was playing on xbox I was host in a lot of games. Good ping etc.

Mortal Kombat and COD BOD seems to find games (loads of russian ones for some reason) but UMvC3 and SFxT is a ghost town.

Any Ideas?
    I might get it (along with UMvC3) sometime, but I think for MK, it might have to do with it being free via PS+, and as for CoD...well, it's CoD. What else. MvC, had the displeasure of being a launch title, while SFxT...well, I'm not sure, since it has cross play online, so it should have a high population count.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Do any of you use multiple memory cards on the Vita? I have a 4GB and a 16Gb. Looking to fill the 4GB with PS1 Classics and the other with the Vita stuff. No problems changing between?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Klair88 wrote: »
    Do any of you use multiple memory cards on the Vita? I have a 4GB and a 16Gb. Looking to fill the 4GB with PS1 Classics and the other with the Vita stuff. No problems changing between?

I have three: two 32GBs [one for Vita games, one for PSP/PS1 games] and a 16GB one [for music/movies]. No issue swapping between them, it only requires a reboot.

However, using different PSN IDs and swapping cards can be annoyingly confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Otacon wrote: »
    I have three: two 32GBs [one for Vita games, one for PSP/PS1 games] and a 16GB one [for music/movies]. No issue swapping between them, it only requires a reboot.

However, using different PSN IDs and swapping cards can be annoyingly confusing.

Doesn't this mess up the backgrounds and icon positions? Or did Sony fix that?

Doesn't this mess up the backgrounds and icon positions? Or did Sony fix that?

I don't use different backgrounds and don't mind the icons moving about. But if you do, I can see how that would be annoying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have tried searching, but it's a whopper thread......:o

My 11 year old has FIFA for his Vita, but can't go online due to age restrictions. I have tried googling it, but can't find an answer. Is there anything I can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bleeding_souls

whiterebel wrote: »
    I have tried searching, but it's a whopper thread......:o

My 11 year old has FIFA for his Vita, but can't go online due to age restrictions. I have tried googling it, but can't find an answer. Is there anything I can do?

have you tried checking the parental settings on the vita?

Go to Settings - Security - Parental Controls. Input the code you set originally and then either switch off the filtering and allow everything or at least increase the level to the highest number [the lower it is, the more strict it is].

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    Go to Settings - Security - Parental Controls. Input the code you set originally and then either switch off the filtering and allow everything or at least increase the level to the highest number [the lower it is, the more strict it is].

I think having it off also causes problems in some games/content, if you don't want any restrictions you're better off setting a higher value rather than turning it off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I've tried setting 11, and off completely, and FIFA keeps giving the same error. Its picking up his age from the sub-account, I presume. One stupid system to have a 3+ game, and an 11 year old can't play online. Must try on the PS3 and see if its the same.

• Advertisement

Velocity Ultra is coming to the Vita, possibly in May.
    PS Mini Velocity is evolving into a full-fledged Vita game called Velocity Ultra! Good thing we didn't press the B button. Yes, British developer Futurlab is working on a Vita upgrade of its critically acclaimed shoot-em-up. While Ultra doesn't have a release date yet, Futurlab is "guesstimating" an arrival on Sony's handheld in May 2013.

velocity-ultra-03.jpg

I will be buying that again!!

Proper trophies this time too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know how to get the free games for mobile on the vita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

padair wrote: »

Move to the US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia or Japan.

padair wrote: »
    Move to the US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia or Japan.

I downloaded the Samurai Beatdown game. Definitely worth it. It's a rhythm game where you tap either side of the screen to attack enemies, scoring higher when it is in time with the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

My Vita bricked:(
    I just updated Everybodys golf and went to play a game and it froze, wouldn't let me do anything. then it turned off and won't turn on now.

Can anyone help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

pdbhp wrote: »
    My Vita bricked:(
    I just updated Everybodys golf and went to play a game and it froze, wouldn't let me do anything. then it turned off and won't turn on now.

Can anyone help

Hold power button for 20 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Varik wrote: »
    Hold power button for 20 seconds

Tried holding the power button. tried holding the power button and PS home button for ages, no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Exact thing happened mine. Haven't used it in a while so charged it this morning and the PS button was blinking orange. Got home this evening and tired to turn it on and nothing! Tried holding the power button for 30 seconds and also tried power button, PS button and R.

• Advertisement

I've tried setting 11, and off completely, and FIFA keeps giving the same error. Its picking up his age from the sub-account, I presume. One stupid system to have a 3+ game, and an 11 year old can't play online. Must try on the PS3 and see if its the same.

Aaargh. That bloody Vita. My 11 year old can play All Stars on the PS3 even though hes 11, but it won't even let him download it on to the Vita?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement