Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

GTR63 wrote: »

Have it already on import. Awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I've an Uncharted GA question. I've recently started playing again as I want to see if I can get 100% completion. I'm at 74% at the moment - bounties and gems are especially holding me up. I downloaded the update for the game yesterday and it said that bounty drops etc will be more frequent once it's installed. I'm playing on insane to help boost my chances of getting them but has anyone that's installed the update noticed an increase in bounty drops?

Quick Music Unlimited question. I downloaded a free 60 day trial if that's right from the PSN store? I have my cc details stored on my account but I'm not sure if I was charged. The trial said something about 9.99 but I think it meant that I'd be charged that price once the 60 days are up. Can anyone clarify?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Quick Music Unlimited question. I downloaded a free 60 day trial if that's right from the PSN store? I have my cc details stored on my account but I'm not sure if I was charged. The trial said something about 9.99 but I think it meant that I'd be charged that price once the 60 days are up. Can anyone clarify?

Unless you cancel.

• Advertisement

I've turned off auto renewal so am I right in saying that I currently have 60 free days as a trial and then once that's up my sub will end due to auto renewal being unticked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Yup, with auto renewal off your sub will end after the 60 days.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Yup, with auto renewal off your sub will end after the 60 days.

This is a bloody awesome service! The Vita is hands down the best piece of kit I have ever purchased. I'm just praying to God that devs get behind it. It needs to survive!

Whenever I show it to friends or family they're completely blown away by it! This is one of the problems. Not many know it exists. I don't know how many times I've had to call it the PSP2 when describing it to casual gamers, friends etc. The name 'Vita' is lost on so many.

Drop the price of the memory cards, market the crap out of it, have demos in every store and release a few more big hitters and this thing will fly off the shelves. I really hope it sticks around. It's too good to disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's the price of the memory cards that are putting a lot of people off. If it had 16gb built in like the PSP GO it would be selling a lot more. E3 will decide if the vita can become a success or not. If its as bad as last year then it's potentially doomed.

I reckon that once there's a price drop, sales will soar. There's no denying that the Vita is a great piece of kit but nobody can justify buying it at it's current price range. I keep forgetting that it's only been out for 11 months. But the price of memory definitely needs to drop, I think Sony's decision to make proprietary memory for the Vita was a very poor one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Christ, nearly a year of the vita. Been a good year I think, but I dunno, I can't think of any killer apps for it, so to speak, and the 3DS has at least 3 I can think of.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I can't think of any killer apps for it

LittleBigPlanet Vita
    Gravity Rush
    Persona 4 Golden
    Sound Shapes

Ones that aren't already out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Christ, nearly a year of the vita. Been a good year I think, but I dunno, I can't think of any killer apps for it, so to speak, and the 3DS has at least 3 I can think of.

What are the 3 you're thinking of for the 3Ds

I am referring to this year only, for the reference.
    Lugis mansion
    Pokemon X and Y
    Fire emblem

Ones that aren't already out.

Killzone Mercenaries
    Soul Sacrifice
    Tearaway
    Kickbeat

Don't forget the Bioshock Vita title.

Although it seems like development for that won't be going ahead anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

And The Phantom Pain ;)

This looks interesting.

Urban Trial Freestyle

vita_3.jpg

vita_2.jpg

Should be out for PS3 and Vita soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Loving all the indie dev type games on the Vita. Not something i was into before but i am loving jetpack joyride, Pinball arcade and knytt underground!

• Advertisement

If I wanted to buy persona 4 for vita, would I need to have played any of the other persona games to get it?

If I wanted to buy persona 4 for vita, would I need to have played any of the other persona games to get it?

I hope not because I haven't and I have every intention to buy it. Revues are too good to turn it down

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No. There's a couple of character references but it's almost an entirely new story with an entirely new cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Whens it out?

Wipeout 2048 will be out on Playstation Plus in February:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-your-february-content/

Also there seems to be a Final Fantasy sale on at the moment. Can anyone recommend any of the titles to get from this?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/21/huge-final-fantasy-sale-starts-on-playstation-store-this-week/?WT.mc_id=PDC_ext

Wipeout 2048 will be out on Playstation Plus in February:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-your-february-content/

And so will Luminees. A great month for Vita.

Going to need a new memory card as I already have 8 games on my 16gb. Wouldn't mind hearing news of a price cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Also there seems to be a Final Fantasy sale on at the moment. Can anyone recommend any of the titles to get from this?

FFVII, VIII, IX are the best imo.

IX being the best game iv'e ever played. I'm replaying all 3 on my Vita.

Klair88 wrote: »
    FFVII, VIII, IX are the best imo.

IX being the best game iv'e ever played. I'm replaying all 3 on my Vita.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards IX. I think I'll pick it up when I get home. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Also there seems to be a Final Fantasy sale on at the moment. Can anyone recommend any of the titles to get from this
    Klair88 wrote: »
    IX being the best game iv'e ever played.

IMO IX is the best. If you can only afford one, get that. Afterwards, VI, VII and VIII are all very good too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement