Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It's not actually available for Vita yet, so the code wouldn't work. The PS3 version has got pretty poor reviews and it's a fairly big departure from previous games so I don't think I'll bother (and I love the older games :()

I have it and i loved it. As a big Ratchet Fan its was a good addition to the series. Its not meant to be in the traditional older style ratchet games. A fun small game to keep us going until Deadlocked HD comes out.

Worth getting imo, especially for only €20.

Vita version is delayed until spring now. As a gift to users still awaiting the Vita version who have purchased the PS3/Retail version, we'll be getting a download code for Motorstorm RC for free!

But you must play R&C: Q force before the end of the week, while connected to the internet. We'll receive the code in an email next week.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/07/ratchet-clank-qforce-ps-vita-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

PSVita ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

SNIP

I don't think it's allowed, but you can edit it out of your post and add the link to your signature instead I think, that way you'll be advertising it every time you post a message (people have to have signatures visible in their settings in order to see it). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I don't think it's allowed, but you can edit it out of your post and add the link to your signature instead I think, that way you'll be advertising it every time you post a message (people have to have signatures visible in their settings in order to see it). :)

Ahh yeah that's a good idea, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got need for speed for €22 euros of play and I will say its maybe one of the best games I have played on the vita to me it's just like a new burnout paradise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got need for speed for €22 euros of play and I will say its maybe one of the best games I have played on the vita to me it's just like a new burnout paradise

My favourite Vita game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have to say very very impressed so far with the Vita.

So raether than me search through teh whole thread what games would you recommend??

Any decent multiplayer online games worth trying??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Have to say very very impressed so far with the Vita.

So raether than me search through teh whole thread what games would you recommend??

Any decent multiplayer online games worth trying??

Look at the post above yours.

Also, LBP Vita, Street Fighter X Tekken and Motorstorm R.C. are brilliant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Otacon wrote: »
    Look at the post above yours.

Also, LBP Vita, Street Fighter X Tekken and Motorstorm R.C. are brilliant too.

Also really enjoying Mortal Kombat. Get your Playstation Plus subscription and download Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I just picked up Raymann Origins in the sale and that's a good skit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Definitely get PS +.

You'll have Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Jet Set Radio (leaving 13th).

Wipeout (13th) and Luminees (20th) are being added too.

That's a great collection to start off with.

I also have LBP which is brilliant and probably the best of the LBP games and Unit 13 which is really good too imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some rumours in the german, italian and brazilian press (make of that what you will) that Sony will be showing off a new Vita on the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some rumours in the german, italian and brazilian press (make of that what you will) that Sony will be showing off a new Vita on the 20th.

Any links?

A new one... what's wrong with the current one? I've been delighted with it and genuinely don't think i've any complaints about it.

Hopefully a sign of things to improve for vita.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-we-have-to-do-better-at-promoting-ps-vita-244370.phtml

I do still think that there will be a price cut on the 20th, as for a revision of the vita, I'm not sure. The only fault that I have heard but not had an issue with myself is the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

tok9 wrote: »
    Is marketing really the problem? The lack of quality games is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

penev10 wrote: »
    Is marketing really the problem? The lack of quality games is the problem.

Marketing does more for sales than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't think the entire event will be vita centric, I'm sure it PS4. But I do think we could see a new, cheaper vita model, maybe in the vein of the PSP E1000 as a PS4 controller or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There is a lot of potential buyers for the Vita but the price of the handheld and memory cards is very off putting. I would love to see Sony bring out a Soul sacrifice bundle for 150 euro with an 8gb memory card included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't think the entire event will be vita centric, I'm sure it PS4. But I do think we could see a new, cheaper vita model, maybe in the vein of the PSP E1000 as a PS4 controller or something.

Cheaper vita not going to happen there is notting I mean notting that can be cut out as it needs everything that it was. Wifi,Mem card slot, game card slot, high res screen, touch screen and touch pad

It be like apple bringing out a iPhone with no iPod

But marketing and shop placement is a problem as any gamestop I have been in just puts the vita games in the forgetting corner off the shop

Like a friend told the best deal Sony needs to do for the vita is a 16gb card with a years PSN + for 200 or so euros will make them sell like hot cakes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Any links?

http://www.patentbolt.com/2013/02/new-sony-patent-reveals-new-ports-coming-to-ps-vita.html

I had another link but it's been taken down. In other words don't go booking money in Paddy Powers on it.

• Advertisement

But thats a similar situation to the 3DS and the circle pad pro. To implement that with current vita owners, its gonna cost a fair bit, for something which if its that potentially important to game playing, should have been included as standard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a question and thanks for the recommendations btw.

Got LBP with the Vita (used) and there was no online pass with it.It wasnt in the box :(

Question is--If I get PS+ will I still have to buy an online pass for LBP?

No you'll still need an LBP online pass.

cloud493 wrote: »
    No you'll still need an LBP online pass.

Thats a pain in the a**e!!!

Is an 8gb card enough with Ps+ though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bleeding_souls

It enough if you're only gonna have a couple of games on it at a time, you can just swap games in and out. be careful though if you delete the game from your memory card the save gets deleted as well, so don't change them too often

It enough if you're only gonna have a couple of games on it at a time, you can just swap games in and out. be careful though if you delete the game from your memory card the save gets deleted as well, so don't change them too often

Thanks for that.
    Id prefer to buy physical games and carry them around with me but this Ps+ seems like a great deal.Cant ever go wrong with free(ish) games.

Thanks for that.
    Id prefer to buy physical games and carry them around with me but this Ps+ seems like a great deal.Cant ever go wrong with free(ish) games.

considering the likes of uncharted, gravity rush and wipeout its well worth the money and one of the main reasons i caved and bought a vita.

one game you would have missed and i'd recommend getting on the sale now is Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/tales-from-space-mutant-blobs-attack/cid=EP2145-PCSB00096_00-MUTANTBLOBSATK00 , well worth it for that price ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks for that.

If you do get PS+ then your saves will be backed up to the cloud - deleting games from your memory card will not affect saves.

F1ngers wrote: »
    If you do get PS+ then your saves will be backed up to the cloud - deleting games from your memory card will not affect saves.

i completely forgot about that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Thats a pain in the a**e!!!

My LBP didn't come with a pass either. :(

In relation to the PS+ the 90 day subscription is only 10 euros for the next week or so. It's normally 15. Also Everybody Tennis (PSP game) is on sale there at the moment. It looks totally childish but I've found it totally addictive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement