Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I've been looking at getting a vita. Can I use the account that's used on my ps3 ya?

Have plus on that. FIFA any good on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CptMackey wrote: »
    I've been looking at getting a vita. Can I use the account that's used on my ps3 ya?

Yes you can.
    Have plus on that. FIFA any good on it?

PS Plus is also available. In fact, as you already have Plus, you can add all of the Vita Instant Games Collection titles to your download list, even if you don't get the Vita straight away, you can download all those titles when you eventually do.

As for FIFA, it's good IMO. But the online can be ropey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Thanks otacon. Good to know that it's the one account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQReTAY59h93yUg_gmYKTGhMl7E4ul0DyD9xq5pSyiTTEhl582XOg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Just picked up a vita in gamestop, it came with an 8 gig memory card, need to pick up a 16 gig.
    €50 in gamestop, is this the going rate? Smyths have them for €50 as well. Thought it was a bit dear tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Anyone know the cheapest place I can get the 32gb memory card? I've found some sellers in HK on eBay but I'm wary about buying stuff from the region due to the potential of things getting lost. The next best thing I could find was Amazon (£59.99) but is there anyone else who is selling them cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know the cheapest place I can get the 32gb memory card? I've found some sellers in HK on eBay but I'm wary about buying stuff from the region due to the potential of things getting lost. The next best thing I could find was Amazon (£59.99) but is there anyone else who is selling them cheaper?

I'm just after buying one through amazon. Came to 61.49 in total.

The best I could find after that was a person from the netherlands on ebay for 60 euro and free postage. I just didn't get it as paypal has been a lot of hassle for me but that's as good as it gets until a price cut comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK so with the news of the incoming PS4 I have to admit that my once lacklustre view of the vita is starting to shift especially with some of the free offerings from PS Plus.

However, here's the crunch - the price, cost of the unit alone seems quite high.
    I know Japan has a price cut and this has been ruled out elsewhere - but is that 100% and any word on the next release/iteration?

Just thinking that one way to raise the hype further around the PS4 is to push up an upgraded vita, possible if the teams working on both are separate but maybe focus is just dedicated to PS4 for the moment.

So thoughts?
    Is it a good time to buy? Where is the best place to pick one or up? Or wait until June and E3?

Taltos wrote: »
    Just thinking that one way to raise the hype further around the PS4 is to push up an upgraded vita, possible if the teams working on both are separate but maybe focus is just dedicated to PS4 for the moment.

As the console is only a year old, I get the feeling we won't see a hardware revision yet. However, they may keep a price cut until E3 so that may be worth waiting for.

Perfect - guess a h/w revision would be premature - but wasn't sure. Definitely a price cut could go a long way to getting a greater uptake. Will hold off so until June to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Taltos wrote: »
    Perfect - guess a h/w revision would be premature - but wasn't sure. Definitely a price cut could go a long way to getting a greater uptake. Will hold off so until June to see what happens.

Keep an eye out on Amazon too, esp Amazon.de . I ordered my Vita this week got for 156 including delivery for the Vita and LittleBigplanet... Just waiting for it to arrive now, put my ps plus games on to it !

Please let me know how you get on with that.
    Very interested to see that these ones are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection coming to Playstation Plus in March. Can't wait for that.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection coming to Playstation Plus in March. Can't wait for that.

Already have it. Here's a review I did previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Even though I have it on the PS3, I'm still delighted to get the vita version. Even if it's just to continue my saved games.

Still a little gutted with no Peace Walker on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    Even though I have it on the PS3, I'm still delighted to get the vita version. Even if it's just to continue my saved games.

Still a little gutted with no Peace Walker on it.

Peace walker on the PSP (Digitally from PSN) was just released to the Vita PSN store, the save will transfer but not sure what happens to trophies.

Sadly the HD version is a good bit cheaper, PSP/Vita is €19.99 while the PS3 is €14.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Does anyone have any tips for a good place to buy the Vita cheaply? I went to gamestop and they have the AC3, NFS and Fifa13 bundles for 209, which seems reasonable enough but I just wonder if maybe there isn't a better deal out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting a Vita, mainly for the psone games.

I don't have a ps3 or anything so is it possible to download the games directly from the Psn store to the Vita?

Thanks

Steve O wrote: »
    I don't have a ps3 or anything so is it possible to download the games directly from the Psn store to the Vita?

Yes you can buy and download them via the Store on the Vita.

Just be aware that there are some more PSX titles playable on the Vita that are not listed on the Vita Store but they work if you download them onto your PS3 and transfer them over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Otacon wrote: »

Just be aware that there are some more PSX titles playable on the Vita that are not listed on the Vita Store but they work if you download them onto your PS3 and transfer them over.

Yeah I was afraid of that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Otacon wrote: »
    Yes you can buy and download them via the Store on the Vita.

I did not know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Steve O wrote: »
    Yeah I was afraid of that...

If they're any games you want to be able to play then list them and someone with a Vita will have a look for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Heres a list of the US store PS1/Vita able games:

2 Xtreme
    Alundra
    Arc the Lad
    Arc the Lad II
    Arcade Hits: Shienryu
    Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special
    Bowling
    Breath of Fire IV
    Burst Angel
    Castlevania Chronicles
    Castlevania: SotN
    Cho Aniki
    Cool Boarders
    Cool Boarders 2
    Cool Boarders 3
    Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
    Destruction Derby
    Dino Crisis
    Dino Crisis 2
    Final Fantasy Origins
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Front Mission 3
    Gaia Seed
    Gex
    Gex 3
    Hot Shots Golf 2
    International Track and Field
    Jet Moto
    Jet Moto 2
    Jumping Flash
    Jumping Flash 2
    King Of Fighters 99
    Klonoa
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Legend of Dragoon
    Medieval
    Mega Man
    Mega Man 2
    Mega Man 3
    Mega Man 4
    Metal Gear Solid
    Metal Slug X
    Money Idol Exchanger
    Pandemonium
    Parasite Eve
    Parasite Eve 2
    Rally Cross
    Rapid Angel
    Rayman
    Rayman 2: The Great Escape
    Resident Evil: DC
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    Ridge Tacer 4
    Saiyuki: Journey West
    Silent Hill
    Street Fighter Alpha 1
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Suikoden
    Syphon Filter
    Syphon Filter 2
    Syphon Filter 3
    Tekken 2
    Threads of Fate
    Tomb Raider
    Tomb Raider 2
    Tomb Raider 3
    Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
    Toy Story 2
    Toy Story Racer
    Twisted Metal 2
    Unjammer Lammy
    Vagrant Story
    Warhawk
    Wild Arms
    Wild Arms 2
    Wipeout
    Xenogears

List is pre Christmas so I've no idea about the newer additions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Currently playing MGS2 HD. All I can say is; f*#k you Emma. Learn to walk, get over your fear of swimming and for the love of God, stop stumbling into claymore's. If she didn't have that level 5 card I would have choked her out long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Has anyone pre-ordered Soul Sacrifice, and if so from where? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Just to let you know, the God of War HD Plus members got has an update that enables remote-play with the Vita!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Klair88 wrote: »
    Just to let you know, the God of War HD Plus members got has an update that enables remote-play with the Vita!

What sort of internet connection do you need for remote play to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

danthefan wrote: »
    What sort of internet connection do you need for remote play to work?

all you need to be is on the same wireless network. I havnt tried over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone know about PS store maintenance at the moment. I can access it on the PS3 but not the Vita. Its been that way for the past three days.
    Scratch that can't access ps3 either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

weiland79 wrote: »
    Anyone know about PS store maintenance at the moment. I can access it on the PS3 but not the Vita. Its been that way for the past three days.

Yes. It was well advertised last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement