Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

not that well;)
    Whens it back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I don't know how long it's going to be on sale on PS Plus for (and tbf it doesn't cost that much) but Everybody's Tennis is a cracking little game. Of all the games I've got so far that one was definitely the most addictive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Vita sold over 62,000 units in Japan last week, which is a lot better than the 11,000 it sold the week before. This is down to the price cut and the release of Phantasy Star Online 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Vita sold over 62,000 units in Japan last week, which is a lot better than the 11,000 it sold the week before. This is down to the price cut and the release of Phantasy Star Online 2.

Great to hear. Long may it continue!

• Advertisement

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/soul-sacrifice-famitsu-review.452899165/

Soul Sacrifice Famitsu review: 10/9/9/9

-Over 300 types of magic with a deep crafting system.
    -About 25 hours to complete story on single player, multiplayer content expands this to several hundred hours.
    -Superb storytelling through the grimoire system and its journal entries.
    -Story is quite moving and definitely worth the time to experience.
    -Huge variation of spells makes for extremely deep tactical multiplayer experience.
    -Team work and role assignment in multiplayer has immense potential.
    -Dying and being sacrificed is still fun and does not affect rewards.
    -Being able to continue fighting even when dead is extremely welcome feature.
    -The dark fantasy theme is well portrayed and written, although it may be too dark for some people's taste.
    -Difficulty level is very high, but the high speed action is extremely fun and rewarding to learn.
    -Salvation and Sacrifice system adds surprisingly profound and meaningful choice to the game.
    -It might be "another hunting game" but it is overflowing with originality.
    -Single player is fun in its own right, but multiplayer is where the game really shines. The more the merrier!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unfortunately you can't trust Famitsu reviews. They will even admit themselves that with enough advertising money you can buy a high score off them.

Are Sega still being bull headed about not bringing PSO2 here? I'd say it would suit the platform well and sell loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Taltos wrote: »
    Please let me know how you get on with that.
    Very interested to see that these ones are ok.

My vita arrived during the week from Amazon.de . All perfect condition, apart from the 2 pin plug on the charger wouldn't know any difference.

Setup in couple of mintues to my ps plus account, wipeout and uncharted downloaded just need to find few hours to play !.

Def recommend Amazon.de if they come up on offer again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bought little big planet today. Not my cup of tea on the PS3, but it was cheap enough so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

cloud493 wrote: »
    Bought little big planet today. Not my cup of tea on the PS3, but it was cheap enough so.

Absolutely love this on VITA. I felt the same about it on PS3 but am slowly working my way towards platinum. Great game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

They have the two God of War PSP games up on PS Plus for €3.59 at the moment. You're only saving 40 cent but it's not a bad price for them. Picked up Ghost of Sparta as I'd played Chains of Olympus when it originally came out.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Are Sega still being bull headed about not bringing PSO2 here? I'd say it would suit the platform well and sell loads.

Nothing official yet but it's selling bucketloads in Japan so hopefully it will get released soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/03/08/killzone-mercenary-hands-on-with-guerrillas-portable-shooter/

Really like the look of Kilzone, can't believe they are still releasing it September 17th.

For the lazy among us...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Unfortunately you can't trust Famitsu reviews. They will even admit themselves that with enough advertising money you can buy a high score off them.

Here, here. Although, if they do bring it over for the Vita, I don't expect it to get a physical release, like in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was the PSP version successful, I picked it up for €9.99 about 18 months ago in Smyths wasn't too bad a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Always found killzone a bit boring. It is kind of like the Playstation equivalent to Gears of war.

All shooter, feck all story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah but unlike Gears of War the shooting was boring as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And Gears of War has less brown, and a gun with a chainsaw..... and Jake is in it, nuff said really

What's with all the killzone hate killzone is great!

• Advertisement

What's with all the killzone hate killzone is great!
    Blame it on Killzone 3.

I was playing killzone 3, 20 minutes ago. Fantastic game.

I was playing killzone 3, 20 minutes ago. Fantastic game.
    I still don't like the multiplayer. The lack of a server browser really put me off playing it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Are there any good FPS`s for teh Vita yet??

Actually are there any good online multiplayer games out for it??

Resistance is a super easy platinum trophy if your into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Are there any good FPS`s for teh Vita yet??

Not first person but Unit 13 is good, and Killzone is meant to be good but it's not out and there's been a few FPS that were meant to be good.

I think it will be but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hellrazer wrote: »

Need For Speed and LittleBigPlanet are very good online games, as is Motorstorm RC.

Blame it on Killzone 3.

All of them were stinkers, the first in particular.

All of them were stinkers, the first in particular.
    Oh great, this is gonna end up with you and me arguing over which games are good and bad, with us ending up agreeing that GTA IV is bad, again, right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You can argue all you want about games on the PS Vita system.

Killzone(excluding mercenary) and GTA IV are not on it and can be argued about elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement