Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can argue all you want about games on the PS Vita system.

Killzone and GTA IV are not on it and can be argued about elsewhere.
    Well...there's still Killzone: Mercenary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Well...there's still Killzone: Mercenary.

Post edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've enjoyed all the Killzones for different reasons, bar the first one. I'm definitely getting this this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Do I buy burning skies again to finally get the platinum? Hmm

I wish I liked traditional Japanese RPG's, as there seems to be a lot of highly rated ones out for the Vita, but I can't stand them, so they're no use to me.

I haven't bought a game for it in ages. I may give Assasin's Creed a bash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a huge variety of japanese RPGs, there's very few that play the exact same, even in a series like final fantasy.

I like real time action RPGs like Monster Hunter or God Eater, and Dark Souls on PS3, but the ones with page after page of excruciating mundane dialogue, followed by a a walk on a path which triggers an isometric turn based combat thingie...Whatever those are, the Vita has tonnes and is great for fans of that genre. I've tried them so many times, but they're just not for me.

I always get my hopes up when I see something I've never heard of getting impressive scores on Metacritic in the Vita section and disappointed when it turns out to be a FF style game.

What does Little King Story play like. Couldnt really judge from the videos ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It plays like a crappy version of the Wii game apparently. It's meant to be a bit like Pikmin.

You should give Tactics Ogre a blast if you don't like those other RPGs or the Ys games. Tactics Ogre is more a strategy game and the dialogue is far from mundane and gives you a lot of choice in how the story pans out. Ys is a super fast action RPG, it's like nothing else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Speaking of JRPGs, I purchased Persona 4 not that long ago. Have only played about 5/6 hours worth, but its already in my favorite games I've played this gen. Absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How much of a price reduction do you see happening ?

Current xtra vision still have the black ops bundle at €199 and will allow €18 back for trading in black ops.

Game stop have the 3G version for €219 but its probably not even worth the extra €20 as its heavier and most phones you can tether the wifi model.

What do you see the wifi model dropping to, €149? 3G has dropped to $199 in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Speaking of JRPGs, I purchased Persona 4 not that long ago. Have only played about 5/6 hours worth, but its already in my favorite games I've played this gen. Absolutely love it.

I just got Persona 4 Golden on my Vita yesterday, played about 3 hours or so last night, enough to get through the first couple of fights and unlock Yosuke's Persona. I obviously haven't had much time with the combat yet but I really like the style and the story hooks. Never played a Persona game before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How much of a price reduction do you see happening ?

Current xtra vision still have the black ops bundle at €199 and will allow €18 back for trading in black ops.

Game stop have the 3G version for €219 but its probably not even worth the extra €20 as its heavier and most phones you can tether the wifi model.

What do you see the wifi model dropping to, €149? 3G has dropped to $199 in the states.

There might be a price drop announced at e3 but I wouldn't hold my breath. My advice would be pick up a vita now and get a 3 mth ps+ sub for around a tenner. You will get Uncharted + Gravity Rush + MGS HD for free. Use the €18 from Black Ops towards getting a bigger memory card.

How do you get the 3 games free? How much memory do they need?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

How do you get the 3 games free? How much memory do they need?

Through the PlayStation Plus Instant Games Collection. Free as long as you maintain your subscription.

Each of those titles take about 3 to 3.5 GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Otacon wrote: »
    Through the PlayStation Plus Instant Games Collection. Free as long as you maintain your subscription.

Each of those titles take about 3 to 3.5 GB.

iirc only uncharted was that big. Gravity Rush I think was about 2GB and I'm hoping MGS will be about the same. I'm constantly huffing paint stripper though so I could be talking out of my hole.

Excellent, where do you get the subscription? Is it like Xbox live the cheapest place you can find it? Will only Sony memory cards work ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Excellent, where do you get the subscription? Is it like Xbox live the cheapest place you can find it? Will only Sony memory cards work ?

You can get the subscription online through the Vita or in the likes of XtraVision and only proprietary cards work and yes, they are expensive. I have taking to sticking a lot of the games I'm not playing onto my laptop using the content manager which takes no time at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

shuffles03 wrote: »

Brilliant news. First time the Vita has outsold the 3DS:)

Ranking of selling consoles in Japan between 4 and March 10

PlayStation Vita
    63.581 (62.543)

Nintendo 3DS
    61.008 (77.439)

PlayStation 3
    19.567 (25.725)

PSP
    18.023 (11.171)

Wii U
    9.454 (10.021)

Wii
    1.363 (1.383)

Xbox 360
    738 (486)

• Advertisement

I'm happy about that, I presume it means more developers will make better games for it, if it looks to have a future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I still can't believe they sell so many ps3's and psp's!

Good news, I really love vita and I want it to do good. It has so much potential, it's a shame we don't get much love from devs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm really really gambling on Phantom Pain being a Vita game.

We'll know at GDC anyway.

Also, let's hope to hear a few new games for the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I have a code for Motorstorm RC for PS3/Vita going in a competition on my own ps3 community site i made with friends, free to enter if any of you want to try win it!

not sure if this breaks forum rules so apologies to mods if it does.

http://bandofbrotherz.co.uk/index.php/topic,374.msg2881/topicseen.html#new

I have now searched every symths store in Dublin for the cheap unit 13, nothing :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I saw Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland,I wonder is it anygood.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »
    I have now searched every symths store in Dublin for the cheap unit 13, nothing :mad:

You should try their facebook page, I am looking for touch my katamari myself,seems no store has any though.

I can't even find their facebook page :p gamestop are charging 40 quid for it pre owned, so they can **** off. Have to be Internet shopping :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

You should try their facebook page, I am looking for touch my katamari myself,seems no store has any though.
    Got it in naas on tuesday, had 4 more on the shelf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement