Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

chrislad wrote: »
    Just making a quick buck really as I don't think eBay fees apply to postage, just the bid, but he would have to get a bid up to around 50 or 60 to break even.

Dunno, seems pretty sneaky, but I don't use ebay all that much so it might be common enough practice. I could see someone bidding 50 or 60 euro and not realising they have to pay 250 on top of it. 250 is more than it would cost to just buy brand new in a shop on launch day.

Still seems like a pretty sh*tty thing to do. Like those asses who sell just the boxes for consoles and all that.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Dunno, seems pretty sneaky, but I don't use ebay all that much so it might be common enough practice. I could see someone bidding 50 or 60 euro and not realising they have to pay 250 on top of it. 250 is more than it would cost to just buy brand new in a shop on launch day.

Still seems like a pretty sh*tty thing to do. Like those asses who sell just the boxes for consoles and all that.

oh dear didnt see that either use amazon instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Do they have the demo units in every Game? Don't want to have to go all the way to the ilac centre to find out they don't/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    Do they have the demo units in every Game? Don't want to have to go all the way to the ilac centre to find out they don't/

None down here in the cork yet boi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Should do. They have one in Linerick store anyway. Best to give them a ring first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

the store managers each got one free a few weeks back, so its not actually games demo its if the manager decides to bring it in to show people.

mossy2390 wrote: »
    the store managers each got one free a few weeks back, so its not actually games demo its if the manager decides to bring it in to show people.

Bloody hell, I work in HMV we got nothing like that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

I sent a mail to Play.com regarding their price as its totally wrong. And I'm not sure about giving any game store money until Feb 22nd as they may not be around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Sales of the device in Japan are very misleading and besides; if we all waited for a price drop, there wouldn't be a price drop- there won't be a device.

If you feel the product is worth the money, then buy it. Otherwise wait for your price drop. Sony are selling the device at a loss and thus it's not really fair to compare a compact to a saloon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

Bloody hell, I work in HMV we got nothing like that :eek:

yeah some big conference thing, they got a gears of war xbox a and a kinect the vita and lots of games, the manufactures give them not game themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Was in GameStop the crescent limerick today bundle offer is wifi vita and FIFA for €279 plus 10% off any memory card plus pre order pack, but my deposit down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

@lord spence are they doing that offer on fifa only or are there other games in the bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Think it's any game but FIFA and unchatered are both €50 so that's where u would get the best savings, I'm getting FIFA with it as I will be able to pick up unchartered in smyths for just over €40 with my smyths loyalty card

The amazon deal has really made me regret my HMV pre order now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

might consider that gamestop deal so as nowhere seems to be bundling the 16gb card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wondering where to get it from now.

Wanted a 32gb card but they'll probably drop in price in time and other than throwing every ps one and psp game i have on it there's no point yet. buy a 8GB card now and the biggest i can find in a few months.

Thinking of getting the wifi + 8gb card deal off amazon for €260 and getting Dungeon hunter for £15 with it. Can get UC later in a shop or may got for PSN as there's meant to be some additional discount for the first month or 2 on top of the lower PSN price.

Also would like 8GB of ram and maybe a flight stick.

PM if you have money you would give me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*sigh* I should have waited :-(

gflood wrote: »
    I sent a mail to Play.com regarding their price as its totally wrong. And I'm not sure about giving any game store money until Feb 22nd as they may not be around!

ahhhhhh don't say that >_<

• Advertisement

*sigh* I should have waited :-(

No good ever comes of pre-ordering early and pre-ordering at all can be a mistake.

Varik wrote: »
    No good ever comes of pre-ordering early and pre-ordering at all can be a mistake.

yup,especially since game are in trouble now

Those PLay.com prices are well off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

A site I would use regularly has some great prices on Vita games. They are Region 1 titles but the system is region free.

http://www.planetaxel.com

Most games are under 35€. Be very interesting to see if this pricing is in stores as 35€ for a portable top tier game is a hell of a lot more attractive that 50€

the amazon deal is a steal ps vita wifi 8gb memory card and game and got a case aswell just under 300 euro i got rayman origins i knew it was coming for vits that why i didnt get it for ps3 beautiful game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

the amazon deal is a steal ps vita wifi 8gb memory card and game just under 300 euro i got rayman origins i knew it was coming for vits that why i didnt get it for ps3 beautiful game

Gamestop quoted me €315 for a wifi version, Wipeout 2048 and a 8GB card w preorder pack today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

the amazon deal is a steal ps vita wifi 8gb memory card and game just under 300 euro i got rayman origins i knew it was coming for vits that why i didnt get it for ps3 beautiful game

It's really not that much better than the GameStop deal which is 330 for any game and a 16gb card. It is a very good deal though, but worked out better for me as I traded in about 240e worth of games and now have 320e to spend due to their 25% extra free!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I thought amazon didn't ship electronics to Ireland?!

Liamario wrote: »
    I thought amazon didn't ship electronics to Ireland?!

They have for a while now, i've gotten a bit now and then off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Varik wrote: »
    Those PLay.com prices are well off.

Vita wifi - 8gb mc - Rayman = €285 on Amazon.co.uk
    Vita wifi - 8gb mc - Rayman = €382 on Play.com(with pre-order pack)

So the pre-order pack you get off play comes to €97:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement