Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jak and Daxter is a separate trophy list and there's no transferring your saves, It's nice that it's cross buy but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Double trophies? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

cloud493 wrote: »
    Double trophies? :D

Have to play it twice :(

I like jak and daxter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Adverts.ie or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Right... no sign of a price-drop coming, so I bought a PS Vita on adverts earlier today. €150 for the console and a 16GB memory card. So far I'm delighted with it. It's a serious piece of kit with ridiculous potential. I've also got a bunch of games for it already thanks to PS+ (greatest thing ever). Presently installing 6 games, ranging from Uncharted to Rayman to Thomas was Alone.

Damnit it's a good time to be a gamer.

Ratchet Q force isn't great on the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Ratchet Q force isn't great on the vita.

Its pretty terrible on the PS3 too and I'm a big Ratchet fan.

At least it runs ok on the PS3. The vita version's framerate is atrocious.

I just finished Thomas Was Alone was the Vita. I got 100% of the trophies (not hard in this game, just basically beat the game) but I was disappointed that there was no Platinum Trophy.

The game itself is pretty good. The jumping mechanics are excellent and the voice-over is funny at times. If you have this on your PS+ account I'd recommend playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sorry to high jack thie thread, but thinking of getting a Vita but the price of Memory is putting me off. Any advice on cheap memory and vita bundles in dublin or online anywhere?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Sorry to high jack thie thread, but thinking of getting a Vita but the price of Memory is putting me off. Any advice on cheap memory and vita bundles in dublin or online anywhere?

Thanks!

There is no cheap memory. Sony don't allow third parties make Vita memory.

The cheapest would be the pre owned ones from Cex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I just finished Thomas Was Alone was the Vita. I got 100% of the trophies (not hard in this game, just basically beat the game) but I was disappointed that there was no Platinum Trophy.

The game itself is pretty good. The jumping mechanics are excellent and the voice-over is funny at times. If you have this on your PS+ account I'd recommend playing it.

Did anyone else have a problem with the characters switching by themselves. It happens me a lot in it and it annoys the pish out of me tbh.

Hotline Miami is definitely going down as one of my favourite games ever. Maddeningly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The cheapest would be the pre owned ones from Cex.

Seems they are looking for €170 for wifi model.

Thanks for the advice!

I meant the memory cards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Seems they are looking for €170 for wifi model.

Thanks for the advice!

Keep an eye on adverts.ie. I was very happy with the price I paid for a Vita and 16Gb card there. Just gotta have a bit of patience.

Also, if you've been downloading PS Vita games with PS+, you'll have a 16gb card filled in no time.

Anyone played Assassin's Creed: Liberation? Any opinions?

I'm a huge fan of the series but worried it might be a throw-away portable spin-off with no substance.

Killzone beta

There's a closed beta and the signup is live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Varik wrote: »
    Killzone beta

There's a closed beta and the signup is live.
    Erm...US blog site. We can only have one account per memory card.

• Advertisement

Erm...US blog site. We can only have one account per memory card.

The EU version is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got myself a PS Vita while I was in Tokyo last week. :pac: I'm interested in subscribing to PS Plus to avail of the instant game collection, and I've got an Irish and American account. I've got more games on the US account (mainly PSone games), so I'd like to use that one for the Vita, is there much of a difference between the content on the two regions? I've tried googling for a list of what's available in the IGC at the moment but I can't find a clear answer, especially for the US content. Sorry for asking, thanks for any help! :)

Got myself a PS Vita while I was in Tokyo last week. :pac: I'm interested in subscribing to PS Plus to avail of the instant game collection, and I've got an Irish and American account. I've got more games on the US account (mainly PSone games), so I'd like to use that one for the Vita, is there much of a difference between the content on the two regions? I've tried googling for a list of what's available in the IGC at the moment but I can't find a clear answer, especially for the US content. Sorry for asking, thanks for any help! :)

The last few months have been quite but the US plus users were getting the worse deal for a year before that, while the EU plus costs more it also get's a bit more.

Sign on store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com as you're US and EU accounts, you'll see what's availible.

The EU team seems to be a bit better at getting content and at telling us what and when we're getting anything as it's usually giving out info a month or more before.

It really depends on how many PS1 games you've gotten, and do you really plan on playing them that much, there's a sale on PS1 games right now on the EU store at least.

I've found myself playing a lot of Unit 13 the last few days. I'm quite surprised by it. It is a good solid third-person shooter that is perfect for my train commute (well it would be if the sun wasn't shinning on my screen). The missions structure and length are perfect for quick bouts of play. I'd be interested in trying out the co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I've found myself playing a lot of Unit 13 the last few days. I'm quite surprised by it. It is a good solid third-person shooter that is perfect for my train commute (well it would be if the sun wasn't shinning on my screen). The missions structure and length are perfect for quick bouts of play. I'd be interested in trying out the co-op.

I've been doing the same, not that far into it tbh, but really enjoying what I've played. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

mise wrote: »
    I've been doing the same, not that far into it tbh, but really enjoying want I've played. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

Well if you continue to enjoy it add me on PSN for some multiplayer if you wish. PSN ID - The40Watt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Does anybody else use remote play and can anyone confirm that it doesn't work outside of a very small area. I use it in the house all the time, mostly for watching tv shows in bed, but anytime I've tried to use it say in my folks house about a mile away or in other countries it wont work.

I have a cheap vita for sale on adverts if anyone was interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I have a cheap vita for sale on adverts if anyone was interested :)

You make Vita sad.

get-out.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement