Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm sorry vita. 3DS is just... too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Well if you continue to enjoy it add me on PSN for some multiplayer if you wish. PSN ID - The40Watt

Added you there, tho I'm not online too much but I'l keep an eye out for you. Good to have more friends for leaderboards too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm sorry vita. 3DS is just... too good.

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Hi all,

recently subscribed to ps+ (regretting not doing this a year ago)

Thinking about getting a ps vita, especially for when the ps4 is released.

Basically is there different ones i.e memory and performance capabilities, is there a new model due out soon....just looking for any sort of guidance to but one and where might be the best place to buy one.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Hi all,

recently subscribed to ps+ (regretting not doing this a year ago)

Thinking about getting a ps vita, especially for when the ps4 is released.

Basically is there different ones i.e memory and performance capabilities, is there a new model due out soon....just looking for any sort of guidance to but one and where might be the best place to buy one.

Thanks

Memory is determined by which card you get with it (no card, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB) and is used for games, music, movies, demos, game saves, DLC, and games. Memory does not affect gameplay or performance or anything else - it's just storage space.

Performance on all models of vita is identical.

A new model is not anticipated any time soon (extremely unlikely there will be another model this year). An upgrade in terms of performance spec is pretty much guaranteed not to happen. Although you can buy the console in white color or with skins to change the external appearance for example.

There is a 3G model of the vita which supports SIM cards but most people go for the wifi version.

You can buy vita second hand on adverts.ie or ebay or at gamestop probably. You can buy it new in xtravision smyths, argos etc.

It's a great device and is sure to be a great companion gadget to the ps4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Cheers mate, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dragon's Crown, looks great!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That looks awesome,will it get released in europe though I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

That looks awesome,will it get released in europe though I wonder?
    NIS America is going to do that, this Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Not sure if any of the Dragon Crown footage is of the Vita version. They said it would be a scaled down version on the Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NIS America is going to do that, this Autumn.

That great news :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Can someone tell me why it's cheaper to buy the vita in a bundle?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

So that you will buy it...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Insanely cheaper if you go for something like this http://www.amazon.de/PlayStation-Vita-Wi-Fi-inkl-Mega/dp/B00D8WHSLQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1374509371&sr=1-2&keywords=ps+vita Altho I will tell you that the 8GB card will vanish before your eyes, Id chuck another 16 in with that order (32 if you get PS+ sub, which is good value - excellent if you have a console also) EDIT: Actually its on the .co.uk site for the same money. I tend to check the .de site first since I managed to bag a vita new from them for just over €150 around new years.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Edit:

Apparently i'm what is wrong with this country.

Taken down, Don't want hassle. jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Klair88 wrote: »
    Not sure how long this error will last.

Littlewoods VITA Wi-FI + EPIC MICKEY ---- €49.99!!!

Get it before they notice!!!

I just bought it anyway. i expect it to be honoured

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/ps-vita-wi-fi-epic-mickey-2/1285995023.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f102887%2fq%2fvita%2fs%2fprice%2c1

1. Expect all you want. It's obviously a mistake.
    2. It's Littlewoods. Good luck getting your money back :) Their after sales is atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/ps-vita-wi-fi-epic-mickey-2/1285995023.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f102887%2fq%2fvita%2fs%2fprice%2c1

Expect it all you want, they won't honour it and they don't have to. Once they see the spike in people ordering it and realise their mistake they'll cancel all orders on it straight away. It's happened before.

It says "Save €200" underneath it.

I said i'd chance my arm on getting it anyway. If they don't, ill get LW vouchers the missus can use anyway so thats my money back.

Said i'd post it here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It says "Save €200" underneath it.
    That's just an automatic calculation.
    I said i'd chance my arm on getting it anyway.
    So you knew they made a mistake and were willing to pounce on them? I'm no fan of LittleWodds but people like uyou are bleeding this country dry.

A few other people thought they would chance their arm and gouge others, over the years. Now we have no construction, corrupt politicians, business closing down, people losing their homes/pensions etc.

You are out for yourself to the detriment of others.

I don't care if you think I'm over exaggerating. I don't like you. I don't want to know you. I don't care to discuss anything with you. You are on my ignore list so I won't see your response.

Apologies for going way OT but that needed to be said. Delete as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

keep us updated on it as to whether you get it for that price or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RangeR wrote: »

tumblr_m4i32l7dQR1r1b9aso1_400.gif

So you knew they made a mistake and were willing to pounce on them? I'm no fan of LittleWodds but people like uyou are bleeding this country dry.

A few other people thought they would chance their arm and gouge others, over the years. Now we have no construction, corrupt politicians, business closing down, people losing their homes/pensions etc.

I don't care if you think I'm over exaggerating. I don't like you. I don't want to know you. I don't care to discuss anything with you. You are on my ignore list so I won't see your response.

I know you won't see this, but others will.

It's ok mate, i think i understand. Most people get angery and vent their feelings on those who do not deserve it. I've had it vented at me for 25+ years from my family and lately in work.

But if you knew me IRL, you'd know im probably one of those 1% of people who actually care way too much about everything and everyone.

Not going to go on a big psychoanalyzing post here but in short.. i am NOT the kind of person you think i am.

Shame as we could of had a right laugh together mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I know you won't see this, but others will.

It's ok mate, i think i understand. Most people get angery and vent their feelings on those who do not deserve it. I've had it vented at me for 25+ years from my family and lately in work.

But if you knew me IRL, you'd know im probably one of those 1% of people who actually care way too much about everything and everyone.

Not going to go on a big psychoanalyzing post here but in short.. i am NOT the kind of person you think i am.

Shame as we could of had a right laugh together mate!

Tbf, even knowing that it'll probably be cancelled, if I didn't have a Vita meself I'd chance my arm as well in trying to get it. I tried buying a computer they had incorrectly advertised on their site for 25 euros or so a couple of years ago before they cancelled the order. I'm just as much of a scourge to society as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Tbf Littlewoods are a bigger problem in this country than Klair88, they charge way over the top prices and interest rates around 40% and you say they are not bleeding the poor of this country dry???
    I suggest you wind your neck back in and feel free to block me also

Tbf, even knowing that it'll probably be cancelled, if I didn't have a Vita meself I'd chance my arm as well in trying to get it. I tried buying a computer they had incorrectly advertised on their site for 25 euros or so a couple of years ago before they cancelled the order. I'm just as much of a scourge to society as you.

90% of people would.. its not like Little Woods is a charity and i'm stealing from the disabled!

I've had a Vita since October and i love it.

Only reason i said "I'd chance my arm" buying this one is so i could give it as a present to my poor, bullied young cousin. He would be delighted.

So yeah... Worse that all the bankers/businessmen/politician this country has to offer... supposedly!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

I normally wouldn't chime in on this but I think some people here need an education in what goes on in the distribution & retail sectors in this country before blaming individuals. I've been privy to the books of several large scale suppliers in many sectors and its a fact the Fianna Fail governments (this isn't a political statement its a statement of who was in power) deliberately failed to form legislation to prevent suppliers/retailers from charging extortionate sums from the general public/consumer. As a direct result our wages rose, or CPI went through the roof, our house prices rose and our bubble burst as we became a credit based economy to pay for the inflated prices which outstripped our capacity to pay back. We went broke. (thats the simplified version of a thousand page tome that could be written on the matter)

I've previously worked for 1 of the largest importers in this country & the fact is we were, and still are (pls see Tesco profit/demographic ratio for Ire/NI/Wales/Scotland/England and talk to me about profiteering & opportunism) seen as easy mark for foreign multinational profiteering. In another Littlewoods bargain alert they accidentally marked down a shoe bag from 12 euro to 12c. The likelihood is the bag was made for 2c in Bangladesh and was made there at the cost of European jobs. They are not altruists or gods moral gift to Ireland.

Thanks to Klair88 for the find, I hope it works out for someone here who may not be in a financial position to afford a Vita at full retail price (thats about 2 million people in Ireland at last count due to the real people who caused our collapse). If it works out you may make some kid (and their parents/guardian) very happy. As for those who would like to pontificate on the causes of our nations fundamental problems take it to AH and I promise you a good run for your money. If you win I'll buy you a lollipop, at an inflated price. Check who your pointing your finger at in future. BTW block me pls.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bloody hell, this IS the Playstation forum, right?:confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What a bull**** post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

If you want to discuss "How the Vita bankrupted Ireland" - please do so in a separate thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where's the cheapest place to buy the 8gb 10 game pack, gamestop didn't have it today and toys.ie says coming soon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement