Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

animaX wrote: »
    Is that right? I always thought that the save files are stored on the memory card, along with the icon that gets installed on the dashboard?

Otherwise you'd need to have the cart in the vita to backup the save files using content manager (which doesn't seem to be the case)

Some games save to the game card, some to the memory card. It will say that a memory card is required on the game box if it's the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Otacon wrote: »
    Some games save to the game card, some to the memory card. It will say that a memory card is required on the game box if it's the latter.

Turns out all of the physical games I have save to memory card.

Edit: There's more games than I thought not requiring memory card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

It worth to get a PSVita, considering how advanced Smartphones are nowadays ? I had a PSP that I enjoyed, mostly played emulated stuff on it mind you... nonetheless was good - til some ass stole it :(

BeerWolf wrote: »
    It worth to get a PSVita, considering how advanced Smartphones are nowadays ? I had a PSP that I enjoyed, mostly played emulated stuff on it mind you... nonetheless was good - til some ass stole it :(

In my opinion a game on a smartphone can never compare to a console/handheld game, purely because of the controls (or lack-of).

That's not to say that there aren't some great games on smartphone, particularly ones that are specifically designed for touch screen.

Besides casual gamers/games, most gamers/games require proper tactile inputs

Edit: and I know you can buy controllers/attachments for smartphones but that's defeating the purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Who's been playing Killzone and what's it like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Anyone play PlayStation allstars . Got it recently and it's alright but the servers are shocking can't get a game online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Just bought a vita today. Any tips? I was thinking of getting a ps plus subscription to try out some games. Are the free ones any good at the moment?

EDIT: Actually the only thing I want off ps plus is gravity rush so I think I'll just get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

megaten wrote: »
    Just bought a vita today. Any tips? I was thinking of getting a ps plus subscription to try out some games. Are the free ones any good at the moment?

EDIT: Actually the only thing I want off ps plus is gravity rush so I think I'll just get that.

Surely you'd be better off getting Plus, and at least then you'll be able to get any future games on it, even if you don't like the current ones, and still get Gravity Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Some of the best games for Vita are indie games such as Thomas was Alone and Hotline Miami. Other games to look out for would be Guacamelee, Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins, Persona 4: Golden, Lumines and Unit 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

I. Just PM you a free 30 day trial code for ps plus so you can check it out and decide if you like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Picked up Sound Shapes the other day because I seen it was on sale. Brilliant game, well worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I am absolutely useless at gaming but my God, I'm getting some kick out of Unit 13 on the Vita.:o
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's a good game, if a little simplistic. Worth it for €11 though.

Went for MGS Peace Walker in the end. 9 euros on PS Plus at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Some of the best games for Vita are indie games such as Thomas was Alone and Hotline Miami. Other games to look out for would be Guacamelee, Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins, Persona 4: Golden, Lumines and Unit 13.

Good list of Games..

Personally, I'd also add LBP, Gravity Rush, Uncharted and Virtue's Last Reward.

After really getting back into Persona but I did play a bit of Stealth inc and thought that was great too.

Went for MGS Peace Walker in the end. 9 euros on PS Plus at the moment.

Good choice. Hours of fun in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up Mod Nation there for €3 euros and well i would not even think its worth that as the game is bad and brooking in a lot of places.

I know its no Mario Kart 7 but when you go off the road it takes way to long before it reloads you back on it you could be 1st and before you know your 8 again. The power ups are all crap to the mario ones its just trying to be mario kart way to much.

Looking for a good game to play on the vita. The last good game i played was oddworld stranger's wrath any ideas what i can pick up cheap ?

Picked up Mod Nation there for €3 euros and well i would not even think its worth that as the game is bad and brooking in a lot of places.

I know its no Mario Kart 7 but when you go off the road it takes way to long before it reloads you back on it you could be 1st and before you know your 8 again. The power ups are all crap to the mario ones its just trying to be mario kart way to much.

Looking for a good game to play on the vita. The last good game i played was oddworld stranger's wrath any ideas what i can pick up cheap ?

Guacamelee, Hotline Miami and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker are all around the 8-9 euro mark and are all well worth getting.

Also Everybody Tennis (PSP Game) was mighty craic altogether. I was completely addicted to that one.

Good choice. Hours of fun in that.

Yeah, looking forward to playing it properly. Just finishing up MGS 2 at the moment after taking a break from it so in total MGS gear mode at the moment. Although the controls seem completely different on Peace Walker so I'm going to have to get my head around them.

Guacamelee...

Seconded. I'd also recommend Velocity Ultra
    the controls seem completely different on Peace Walker so I'm going to have to get my head around them.

Always the way with metal gear games! I don't think any two games have same controls (other than the MSX originals).

Loved Peace walker though. Got 100+ hours out of it I think, perfecting all the missions. Also, in my opinion the game becomes a lot more enjoyable when you get the suit that silences your footsteps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Guacamelee, Hotline Miami and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker are all around the 8-9 euro mark and are all well worth getting.

Also Everybody Tennis (PSP Game) was mighty craic altogether. I was completely addicted to that one.

Have Hotline Miami already on the PC

Strongly thinking of Guacamelee like seen the IGN review for it looks like the type of game that i would like and its fairly short as well so maybe i might get it i think its €10 on PSN at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there a way to set the Vita so that it won't pause a download when the screen locks?

Under Settings > Power Save Settings there is an option 'Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode'. I have that ticked. Am I missing something?

Is there a way to set the Vita so that it won't pause a download when the screen locks?

Under Settings > Power Save Settings there is an option 'Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode'. I have that ticked. Am I missing something?

That's a bug in the firmware as far as I know. It's silly that they haven't fixed it yet, it's been well known for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I am going to bu the ps vita in xtravision tomorrow does anyone know is there a memory card with the normal wifi model

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

animaX wrote: »
    That's a bug in the firmware as far as I know. It's silly that they haven't fixed it yet, it's been well known for a while.
    Only stops if you lock it I think - if you allow it to lock itself the downloads continue in the background - or I am pretty sure they did for me.
    I am going to bu the ps vita in xtravision tomorrow does anyone know is there a memory card with the normal wifi model
    Sorry - think not - you have to buy one separately.. :(

The xtravision website is still listing the wifi model with call of duty and a 4gb mem card for only 199euro but it looks to be sold out.

No harm in asking in the shop though

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

So if I buy it today I won't be able to use my ps plus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

So if I buy it today I won't be able to use my ps plus

Well you can use it, just wont be able to install any games yet. You could still purchase them, just not use them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

just a quick question on ps4 remote play for vita, if my ps4 is at home and I am say in my parents house can I access and play my ps4 over wifi from my parents house or do I have to be connected to the same network as the ps4?

just a quick question on ps4 remote play for vita, if my ps4 is at home and I am say in my parents house can I access and play my ps4 over wifi from my parents house or do I have to be connected to the same network as the ps4?

They haven't announced all of the details for the remote play features yet.

However, they have stated that you will be able to remotely start downloading purchased titles on your PS4 even if it is in a standby state. Technically, that should mean to remote play can also work when outside your home network but nothing has been confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Should be possible - you can wor it that way with the PS3 and Vita (never tried it myself, so can't confirm).

Here are the instructions for PS3 and Vita (imagine PS4 should be similar):

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/remoteplay/remoteinternet.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement