Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

since this is an open beta, what happens if we dont get sent a code. i signed up for the beta but still no email

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    since this is an open beta, what happens if we dont get sent a code. i signed up for the beta but still no email

If you have PS+, you will be able to download the beta on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

What are the chances of Sony announcing that PS Mobile is available in more countries at tomorrow's press conference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i still cant find any vita bundles online......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

i still cant find any vita bundles online......

What game(s) are you looking for in the bundle?

Gamestop has one with MotoGP for E210, xtravision has black ops for E199.

Couldn't find much else though.

• Advertisement

vita mega pack.....or anything with any game + memory card. I think the COD bundle might be the best currently out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

vita mega pack.....or anything with any game + memory card. I think the COD bundle might be the best currently out.

They both have 4GB memory cards.
    Black Ops isn't very good though - imo.

EDIT: They are both download codes - no re-sale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Hi Guys, so it just dawned on me. I have a 16gb and 2 4gb cards. I only really use the 16gb card for my PS+ stuff and one 4Gb for PS1 Classic's. So i have a 4gb card spare that i really have no intention on using.

With the PS4 launch date and GamesCom today i'm in a pretty good mood! :D

So i would like to give my unused 4GB card away, but it has to be to someone who needs it. I don't want it to go to someone who has a large card already!

Not bothered with trying to sell it on adverts, rather just give it to some of the great folk i chat with in here.

Who wants it?

(I'll post it to whoever wants it)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Klair88 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, so it just dawned on me. I have a 16gb and 2 4gb cards. I only really use the 16gb card for my PS+ stuff and one 4Gb for PS1 Classic's. So i have a 4gb card spare that i really have no intention on using.

So i would like to give my unused 4GB card away, but it has to be to someone who needs it. I don't want it to go to someone who has a large card already!

Not bothered with trying to sell it on adverts, rather just give it to some of the great folk i chat with in here.

Who wants it?

Id love it if you dont mind! Just bought a VITA last week :D but only the baisc pack...no card was included!!And also with Killzone coming out tomorrow on beta i need to get my self in order and sign up for PS + too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Klair88 wrote: »

Who wants it?

Throws hat in ring, though I do have an 8gig card. That doesnt count as big does it?!
    Thanks either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Fair Play Klair!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Mudlan wrote: »
    Id love it if you dont mind! Just bought a VITA last week :D but only the baisc pack...no card was included!!And also with Killzone coming out tomorrow on beta i need to get my self in order and sign up for PS + too!!!

PM me your details and ill post it on to you tomorrow. I Love my Vita, Glad more people are playing it!

1 condition. Buy PS+. It is amazing. You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So, I bit the bullet and bought a Vita Wi-fi with a memory card (8gb with the 10 games on it), it is second hand for £100, thanks Amazon market place :D.
    I have PS+ and have a few of the free psv games like Uncharted and unit 13 etc. One question I have for you guys though, can I charge the Vita via the Dualshock usb charger on my ps3 or does it have its own wall/usb charger? Just want as little wires coming out of my gaming centre as possible.

Also, what time is Sonys conference at Gamescom today? What do people think Sony will say about the Vita? Price cut? New games? New franchises? Price cut...? Bundles?

Any left of field games that are out already that I should have a look at?

can I charge the Vita via the Dualshock usb charger on my ps3 or does it have its own wall/usb charger? Just want as little wires coming out of my gaming centre as possible.

No, the Vita does not use the Mini-USB port like the DS3. It comes with its own USB cable (with a different Vita-proprietary connection).
    Also, what time is Sonys conference at Gamescom today? What do people think Sony will say about the Vita? Price cut? New games? New franchises? Price cut...? Bundles?

18:00.
    Hopefully quite a bit. One or two new AAA games, a few indie titles, more details on its remote play functonality with the PS4 etc.
    Also I don't think it will have TWO price cuts.
    Any left of field games that are out already that I should have a look at?

Play Guacamelee, Thomas Was Alone, Limbo, Hotline Miami, Gravity Rush, Velocity Ultra and make sure to check out the PSone and PSP titles you can also play on it.

Thanks for the info! That extra price cut in my post was just a joke, just that its badly needed on the vita or at least the momery cards is all.

I didnt know Limbo could be played on the Vita, totes getting that! I got Castlevania for the PS1 on sale last month and Wipeout too. So thats sorted for ps1 for the moment.

Pity I cant charge off the DS3 usb but sure t'will be grand :)

Woop! Roll on 6pm!

Have you been purchasing the vita games on ps+ all along because Rayman is there and it's been my favourite vita game so far.
    And killzone beta out tomorrow, cannot wait

Yup! Added Rayman to my download list when it was on the PS+ free games last month.
    If I like Rayman I might get it for the WiiU when Legends is out.

Not too much of a fan of Killzone but I'll look into getting that, whats the story with the Beta version? Is it just a short run through of an early demo?

Sorry, beta is new to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yup! Added Rayman to my download list when it was on the PS+ free games last month.
    If I like Rayman I might get it for the WiiU when Legends is out.

Not too much of a fan of Killzone but I'll look into getting that, whats the story with the Beta version? Is it just a short run through of an early demo?

Sorry, beta is new to me.

It's coming out in September so it's really just to make sure everything is in proper working order before the release.

there was a closed beta so im presuming this will be the same, its 2 maps and 2 game modes of the multiplayer section of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

US getting a PS Vita Summer Select:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/19/ps-vita-summer-select-four-new-indies-get-ps-plus-discounts/

Basically 4 indie games with 20% off on the launch week.

August 20: Divekick, $10
    August 27: Spelunky, $15
    September 3: KickBeat, $10
    September 10: Dragon Fantasy: Book II: $15
    No need to worry if you don’t have a PS Vita because all four PS Vita Summer Select titles are Cross-Buy for PS Vita and PS3! PS Plus members can take advantage of the launch week discounts on both the PS Vita and PS3 versions of each game.

No news on whether it'll be replicated over here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Just give me Spelunky already!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been playing a good bit of Spelunky on the 360 and I'm not sure if I should get it for the Vita. It's one thing to throw a joypad at the wall in frustration of those bloody floating ghosts, another entirely when it's the Vita.

I *really* want a Vita now.....but it must be swanky new!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Borderlands 2 coming to Vita. Chalk that down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

And Fez is still coming too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Football manager coming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think the cards price reduction is bigger news.

Price cuts to the console and memory cards, as well as more games. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Big fest looks cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement