Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

i dont know but i would imagine you would be way better selling you xbox on adverts or something like that, you will get much more bang for your buck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

BArra wrote: »
    thinking about trading in an xbox 360 slim 250gb towards a vita

anyone done this recently, any idea what sorta store credit they offer for it?

160 in gamespot, plus 25% extra on a vita deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

ive read conflicting things on their deal. is it 25% extra on top of the console trade in? or is it 25% off the vita preorder?

also whats this pre order pack?

BArra wrote: »
    ive read conflicting things on their deal. is it 25% extra on top of the console trade in? or is it 25% off the vita preorder?

also whats this pre order pack?

THE PRE PACK is just osme cheap pouch do not use it for your vits some earphones and 5 euro voucher for a download game

meh i can get when im getting one ill take it but its pretty meh

I think its 25% on the console, so its 160 + 40 extra, when trading in for the vita? Unless someone corrects me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Does anyone know hmvs bundles??? It's like getting blood from a stone in the new bridge shop!!

GameStop have a decent bundle
    Wifi with FIFA or tennis 275

Or

3G with FIFA or tennis for 325

Is it gonna be worth getting a 3G?? I have an iPhone couldn't I use that as a wifi hub and save 50 notes??

Are there any advantages to 3G model

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

3G in my opinion is just not worth it especially if you have and iPhone that can provide a wifi hotspot. The GameStop bundle for now does look like the best out there plus when u purchase the vita u get 10% off any memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads. GameStop does not give 25% on hardware. Only games. I asked about it in shop already.
    I was told that I would get 160eu for slim credit and 95eu for 3ds. Dont bother adding Any cards with 3ds as it is not make difference in price at all.

Lads. GameStop does not give 25% on hardware. Only games. I asked about it in shop already.
    I was told that I would get 160eu for slim credit and 95eu for 3ds. Dont bother adding Any cards with 3ds as it is not make difference in price at all.

wow that not true i was in gamestop and whatever hardware you trade in youll get 25% extra i was offered 120 credit for my wii and all controllers the offer was 90 euro +25% = 120

its might be a good time to get rid of the wii if you want a vits cas the wii u will be out in dec and youll prob get notting for it in dec

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I want to trade my Wii, but I always want to play Mario Galaxy 2 and the new Zelda, plus I think I have enough credit now as it is.

25% is definitely inclusive on hardware. If you didn't get it, I would go back to the store or email their head office, who are quite good at dealing with stuff like this, but give the store the chance to sort out first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

More info on Gamestop bundles
    PS Vita WiFi + Uncharted + 16GB Memory Card

Valid for new version.
    PS Vita + Uncharted Golden Abyss + 16GB PS Vita Memory Card only €329.99 You can buy this product as a part of a bundle for a special price. For more information on the promotion and the list of products

PS Vita WiFi + Fifa or Virtua Tennis

Valid for new version.
    PS Vita WiFi + Fifa 12 OR Virtua Tennis 4 only €279.99 You can buy this product as a part of a bundle for a special price. For more information on the promotion and the list of products

PS Vita WiFi + Select Game

Valid for new version.
    PS Vita WiFi + 1 Select Game only €269.99 You can buy this product as a part of a bundle for a special price. For more information on the promotion and the list of products

I'm only after a 4gb stick though. If gamestop sell it for that price, I imagine I can get it roughly the same price, so 4gb stick + uncharted + wifi for console for 295 at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I ahve a WIfi model, 8gb card and Wipeout preordered, so would I be able to get Fifa for €20 through the deal they have online, I'd imagine they'd carry over into stores, but just a little bit more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Tempted to trade in 250gig 360 to save a few on the vita. Because it's get no real use anymore. Do I need the original box for the trade in? I have no idea where the box is at this point. :D

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Tempted to trade in 250gig 360 to save a few on the vita. Because it's get no real use anymore. Do I need the original box for the trade in? I have no idea where the box is at this point. :D

Gamespot's price won't alter without the box, HMV might knock a few quid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

The GameStop website now lists the price of their bundles:
    • PS Vita + Uncharted Golden Abyss + 16GB PS Vita Memory Card = €329.99
    • PS Vita 3G + Uncharted Golden Abyss + 16GB PS Vita Memory Card = €379.99
    • PS Vita WiFi + Fifa 12 OR Virtua Tennis 4 = €279.99
    • PS Vita WiFi + 1 Select Game (Rayman Origins, Lumines, The Michael Jackson Experience, Dungoen Hunter Alliance or Asphalt Injection) = €269.99

Seems alright really, a €20 saving in each bundle. I was going to get a 16GB memory card anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

PS Vita + Uncharted Golden Abyss + 16GB PS Vita Memory Card only €329.99

Highly considering going for this still wish the 32gb card was coming for launch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Starting to consider raaiding my savings account at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Merged, since prices are being posted in both threads, no need for two threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Starting to consider raaiding my savings account at this stage.
    Do it!

You may not even need to raid the savings. I traded in a load of PSP games (with 25% extra for preorders), some CDs and a few DVDs and boxsets into GameStop and now I have my Vita completely paid off.

I cannot wait to play this thing. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

wow that not true i was in gamestop and whatever hardware you trade in youll get 25% extra i was offered 120 credit for my wii and all controllers the offer was 90 euro +25% = 120

its might be a good time to get rid of the wii if you want a vits cas the wii u will be out in dec and youll prob get notting for it in dec
    Well that what I was fold. For offered 160eu for 360 and 95 for 3ds. Would be interesting to get someone else to go to local GameStop to get their qoute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

GothPunk wrote: »
    Do it!

You may not even need to raid the savings. I traded in a load of PSP games (with 25% extra for preorders), some CDs and a few DVDs and boxsets into GameStop and now I have my Vita completely paid off.

I cannot wait to play this thing. :P

Not sure how much i'd get for an original PSP and my 5 games :P

Would almost consider trading in my xbox, pretty sure I'd regret it in the future though!

Have th ebirthday coming up in two months... might see what i can do...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭BenK

Well that what I was fold. For offered 160eu for 360 and 95 for 3ds. Would be interesting to get someone else to go to local GameStop to get their qoute

I was offered €48 for the Wii with one set of controllers and Wii sports (the guy said they wouldn't take the wii without wii sports which I thought was odd...) and 25% of the trade in price too (so a whole €12 more) for a pre order. I was quoted €95 for the 3ds also with an extra 25% off for pre orders there too. When I had checked this for the 3ds last week the guy had mistakenly told me it was 25% off the Vita when it seems it is 25% off the trade in value of the 3ds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

what do they pay for DVD's etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

gflood wrote: »
    what do they pay for DVD's etc ?

€1 each :o
    At least it was the last time I was in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Does GameStops 25% bonus against tradeins for new consoles apply to everything? CD's, DVD's games, consoles ? So against a Vita I'll get an extra 25% credit on top of trade in value ?

Definitely against games/ game related stuff. Don't know about DVD's. You'd have to trade in a lot of them to get your moneys worth though. You might get better value going to cex(if your Dublin based)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

rang two gamestops today, a 250gb xbox 360 slim gets you...

€128 straight trade value
    €32 extra as 25% trade in incentive

so a total of €160 for the 360 slim they give, previous posters say it was 160 they got plus 25% making it 200

argh!

I believe they were worth 160 in the gamestop in pavillions. They had it printed on a stand I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

anyone know how much gamestop are giving for traing a 3ds towards a vita?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement