Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

animaX wrote: »
    This waiting for PS+ business is the wrong state of mind.

I don't mind people holding that opinion - I just know I can't do it because I have the patience of a three year old in the queue for Disney World.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just looking at Amazon now and I'm sick. The Vita was £149 on Sunday night and has now gone back up to £169. Should have hopped on that. Got a 32gb card for £54 though so not a total loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Just looking at Amazon now and I'm sick. The Vita was £149 on Sunday night and has now gone back up to £169. Should have hopped on that.

Just ring a couple xtra visions near you and find one for €149

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Just ring a couple xtra visions near you and find one for €149

The 4 nearest me all closed up in the past few months, wouldn't shop with them anymore as there is no come back if any issues develop, I've no confidence in the company business wise. Don't want one second hand either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

AFAIK they're selling new ones at €150, not second hand. You'd always have comeback with Sony is Xtra-vision fold up.

The Finglas branch had a few when I checked a couple of weeks ago if that shop is any way handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

ads20101 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm seriously thinking about this deal.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00DF42SNK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1377099739&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

What does everyone else think?
    Damn had to buy..... What can I say, I'm an impulsive purchaser.

Oh pants!!!!

Amazon have lost my Vita in transit.

Well they haven't really lost it their transit company sent it to Germany first then to New Jersey -

Yes.... they sent a parcel sent from surrey, england intended for Ireland to the united states by mistake.

As soon as I noticed this on their tracking service they have been extremely proactive and so far appear very willing to rectify the issue.

But, seriously..... what a cock up

Oh pants!!!!

Well they haven't really lost it their transit company sent it to Germany first then to New Jersey -

Yes.... they sent a parcel sent from surrey, england intended for Ireland to the united states by mistake.

As soon as I noticed this on their tracking service they have been extremely proactive and so far appear very willing to rectify the issue.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it arrives soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh pants!!!!

Amazon is fantastic to deal with. I count be surprised if you will get some vouchers or something for all the trouble too.

Anyway, I really hope this price drop will give a surge for ps vita sales. There has to be more out there, so devs would see potential in a device. I jjust hope that great idea of cross playing between ps4 and vita wount backfire. I already on a fence with killzone mercenary just because I will be able to play proper ps4 version of killzone on vita at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Famitsu

Killzone: Mercenary (PSV) – 9/8/9/8

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-82813/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Oh pants!!!!

I don't think they did. If its via i-Parcel they sent it through Carlsbad in Germany, but it appears as Carlsbad NJ. This has happened on every one they sent via iParcel. It goes Surry, Belgium, Germany, into Ireland and is then delivered by An Post. Their tracking is a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jax and Daxter Trilogy free on PS Plus for the Vita at the moment along with New Little King Story and Stealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Jax and Daxter Trilogy free on PS Plus for the Vita at the moment along with New Little King Story and Stealth.
    And Urban Trail Freestyle, thought jak and daxter was only ps3 plus thanks for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tonydude wrote: »
    And Urban Trail Freestyle, thought jak and daxter was only ps3 plus thanks for the heads up

For some reason Urban Trial isn't free yet but they others are up. Didn't realise Jak and Daxter was cross buy either so it's a pretty decent month for Vita all told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

whiterebel wrote: »
    I don't think they did. If its via i-Parcel they sent it through Carlsbad in Germany, but it appears as Carlsbad NJ. This has happened on every one they sent via iParcel. It goes Surry, Belgium, Germany, into Ireland and is then delivered by An Post. Their tracking is a mess.

Even if it is true that it hasn't gone to the states (even though 1 cs agent said that it has and given me a courier tracking number of the company dealing with it in the states) is it not a tad stupid for amazon to go uk to Germany to Ireland instead of uk to Ireland.

Amazon are currently saying that they will have the problem rectified within 2 days at the latest. They also added that if there is a delay on the delivery date (30/8/13) they will send another one out using 'a faster delivery method'.

They have been extremely prompt with my emails, but it is becoming clear that they don't know what or how this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

For some reason Urban Trial isn't free yet but they others are up. Didn't realise Jak and Daxter was cross buy either so it's a pretty decent month for Vita all told.

Downloading it now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

They really need to start telling us the size of the download from the PS store (i know you can check them from the SEN website but still).

Stealth Inc is 187mb download and 200mb unpacked.

Jak&Daxter probably nearer the 3gb mark?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

FYI/heads-up!.....anyone willing to travel or live in Limerick, head to the Parkway shopping centre. They have *ONE* Vita left for €170....its a 3G + Wifi model!

Its a basic Vita, as in no games or memory card incl. - they have five (5) 3G models left at €150....sadly no Wifi only versions.

I was gonna buy it but couldnt justify it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Delighted that we are getting two extra games in Jak & Daxter and Stealth Inc. this month. I thought it was only going to be Urban Trial Freestyle and New Little Kings Story. Great month for PS+ members.

Just got one from a third party seller on Amazon for €186 delivered. Finally jumped off the fence and can start using the PS+ games I have sitting on my PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Subscribed to PS+ for the first time today. Have got all the games on my download list so that should keep me occupied for a while now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jak & Daxter is on Vita PS+ too? Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Anyone play stealth yet? I'm downloading it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Here, here. So far, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've been playing it on PC recently. I say it'll suit the Vita well. Good for short bursts.

LauraW7746 wrote: »

Wrote a review on it.

It is really good. The lighting system shines (bazinga) on the Vita's screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Jak & Daxter is on Vita PS+ too? Awesome.

Are you sure? It says it's free but then it won't let me add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Are there any good platform games on the Vita besides Rayman Origins?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    Are you sure? It says it's free but then it won't let me add it.

You only need to add the one version, if you add the PS3 version on the PS3/website you can get the vita version on you're vita or from the download list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Varik wrote: »
    You only need to add the one version, if you add the PS3 version on the PS3/website you can get the vita version on you're vita or from the download list.

Great, I'll have a look again later.

• Advertisement

Are there any good platform games on the Vita besides Rayman Origins?

Guacamelee, Thomas Was Alone, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, The Jak and Daxter Trilogy, Sly Cooper 4

In that order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement