Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Otacon wrote: »
    Guacamelee, Thomas Was Alone, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, The Jak and Daxter Trilogy, Sly Cooper 4

In that order.

I totally forgot about Sly Cooper. I must try the demo.

I've already completed Mutant Blobs and Thomas Was Alone. Both very good games. The problem with the Jak games is that they give me motion sickness.

I bought Spelunky last night after enjoying the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Are there any good platform games on the Vita besides Rayman Origins?
    Guacamelee

This.

Plus Rayman Legends within a month or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Where's the cheapest place to get a wifi vita with a game and memory card at the moment? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Firmware 2.61 out today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have 100MB UPC and i am wondering PSN has never been this slow downloading a game might it be UPC new router ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Notice on my PS3 when going into the Playstation store its like it's loading on a dialup line, think it's more to do with Sony's servers then UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

My god I did not like Spelunky at all. I had a feeling it wouldn't be my kind of game. Maybe it was hyped too much, or maybe I was biased from the start. But I gave up in cave 1-1.

Stealth Inc is enjoyable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have 100MB UPC and i am wondering PSN has never been this slow downloading a game might it be UPC new router ?

You could have a 500MB connection and it wouldn't matter. I'm not being facetious, its just that PSN downloads have always been painfully slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You could have a 500MB connection and it wouldn't matter. I'm not being facetious, its just that PSN downloads have always been painfully slow.
    Well, with PS4 requiring a PS+ subscription to play non-free to play titles online, you'd better hope for faster faster downloads, this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Well, with PS4 requiring a PS+ subscription to play non-free to play titles online, you'd better hope for faster faster downloads, this time around.

Their server's current position is rather close to the bottom, so the good news is they can only get better. As you said, one can hope they do anyway. The other good news is being able to play as you download.

Whether this will lead to stuttering gameplay due to the above is another problem that may occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PSN download speeds are fine at any time other than near the weekly update and for anything new.

Varik wrote: »
    The PSN download speeds are fine at any time other than near the weekly update and for anything new.

I have to strongly disagree there. I have always found PSN speeds to be terribly slow.

I have my PS3 connected via wi-fi, just like the Xbox 360 which sits beside it. I have never had a compliant about the speed of the downloads on LIVE. I have 30MB broadband from UPC and whenever I do a speedtest it generally hovers around the 30ish mark.

I've recently started to think that it might be the hardware in my PS3 at fault as I got a Vita a while ago and downloads are pretty quick on. I'd say at least 20x times faster than my PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Has anyone found there vita battery has gone to **** lately ?

Last night I fully charged my vita played a game for a hour and download a game for another hour and it was dead after it ?

I had the same problem playing Guacamelee had to fully charge the vita 3 times over 3 days and only played the game for less then 6 hours over the game time

Only have WIFI turned on and notting else what might be the problem ?. As my vita is a day one aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Last night I fully charged my vita played a game for a hour and download a game for another hour and it was dead after it ?

I had the same problem playing Guacamelee had to fully charge the vita 3 times over 3 days and only played the game for less then 6 hours over the game time

Only have WIFI turned on and notting else what might be the problem ?. As my vita is a day one aswell

I'm having the same problem at the moment. I seem to have to charge it an awful lot more than I was. I only got my Vita at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm having the same problem at the moment. I seem to have to charge it an awful lot more than I was. I only got my Vita at Christmas

I bought mine day one also but thankfully, I'm not having any issues.

I use it daily on my commute to work. Normally, I only need to charge it once a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm trying to get a trophy in fifa 13 on the vita where you have to play 5 head to head matches in a row and I keep getting disconnected from the servers :mad:.

I bought mine day one also but thankfully, I'm not having any issues.

I use it daily on my commute to work. Normally, I only need to charge it once a week.

Pondering on this imponderability a bit more, I'm pondering that it might be the fact that I'm playing the Killzone Beta every night...

New trailer for Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

While everything certainly looks good, the voice acting (or at least the clips they have chosen) sound dire.

So looks like im taking the plunge and getting me a vita.

Is there any issues or problems in buying a second hand one

I would suggest that you see it running before buying. There have been reports of burn-in on the OLED screen. So just check the screen to see if it is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Would just ask to play it and make sure no scratches on it. I got one during the sales in xtravision and haven't put it down since I got it.

While everything certainly looks good, the voice acting (or at least the clips they have chosen) sound dire.

You're right, the voice acting sounds terrible. And I also think the game looks quite poor graphically too.

Would just ask to play it and make sure no scratches on it. I got one during the sales in xtravision and haven't put it down since I got it.

yeah bought it earlier.

140euro with an 8gb card and metal gear hd collection

its beautiful.

games look amazing on it.

cant wait to see what they bring out for this thing in the coming months.

are there any multi player online games taking off yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

are there any multi player online games taking off yet

Download the killzone mercenary beta to try the first decent first person shooter if your interested in online multiplayer. It's out in a out a week or so. Also if your not a member already subscribe to ps+

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will let you choose the order of the boss fights.
    Players in Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will be able to pick their path through the game in terms of boss fights, director Mark Pacini told Polygon.

According to Pacini, the game's final half hour is vastly different depending on which boss you fight and what items you receive. The idea is to encourage players to try the game several times; each time, players will receive different items that make a subsequent playthrough easier, Pacini said. Items such as suits will give players perks like invulnerability or buffed bullet resistance.

Interchangeable bosses provide an extra challenge for the developers, where big fights are often designed around a specific item. However, since players can have several different items at any point — depending on their path — a new solution was necessary.

"It's more akin to how Mega Man used to do it," Pacini said, "where if I get this item, then this boss is a lot easier."

Blackgate's narrative is kept cohesive by weaving together a lot of "micro-stories" within the overarching plot, Pacini added.

I like this idea. It may add to its replayability as I have heard the game is short from a fellow boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Has anyone got any info when the vita Netflix app is available over here?

To my knowledge it is only on the US psn vita acc's

ads20101 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any info when the vita Netflix app is available over here?

To my knowledge it is only on the US psn vita acc's

That would be a cool addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So lads as a person who knows nothing about the Vita i'm looking for some advice.

I have my PS4 pre-ordered and fully paid for. If they are going ahead with a PS4+Vita bundle, is it worth shelling out the extra money for?

What kind of features does it have, battery life?

Good games?

Thanks.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    If they are going ahead with a PS4+Vita bundle, is it worth shelling out the extra money for?

Depends on the price but if it is remotely competitive, then yes, it would be worth it.
    What kind of features does it have, battery life?

Obviously the big draw, if you are getting the PS4 too, is its remote play feature, allowing you to use the Vita to stream your PS4 games onto it so your other half or housemates can watch TV.

However, as well as a good companion to the PS4, the Vita is a fantastic bit of kit on its own. Hardware-wise, the dual analog sticks are nice. The touch screens can be good, depending on their use. Memory cards can be expensive so shop around.
    Good games?

Software-wise there are some fantastic Vita exclusives like LBP, Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. These days, I mostly use it for smaller titles like Spelunky, Hotline Miami and Guacamelee.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, how much is the Walking Dead costing on the Vita? It's out today but I'm in work so I can't find out the price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement