Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

You have the month to download them but once they're gone from the PS Plus, they can't be downloaded for free as far as I can figure out. I just bung them on to me hard drive and get them off that when I need them.

You just need to "purchase" them during the month, i.e. put them into your basket and checkout. You don't have to download them straight away. They can be downloaded anytime after the month as long as you still have a subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deano7788 wrote: »
    You just need to "purchase" them during the month, i.e. put them into your basket and checkout. You don't have to download them straight away. They can be downloaded anytime after the month as long as you still have a subscription.

Ah, grand, I totally picked that up wrong then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the ps store not working for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the ps store not working for anyone else?

It was a little weird earlier today, it neither the web or PS3 store was working 100%.

so there's a new vita which is 20% thinner with a longer battery life (+1 hour) and 1GB internal memory.

• Advertisement

New soul sacrifice and another "Please look forward to FFX HD" by square plus a lot of Japanese centric games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

They have DOWNGRADED the Vita!...from OLED to LCD = MADNESS!

New model coming out,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's probably for people who can't afford a Vita as it is. The LCD one will presumably be cheaper.

Then screen on the Vita is unreal. Can't imagine it with LCD. But that's just me. Maybe it'll be a very good LCD and it won't be uber noticable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Started playing The Walking Dead on the Vita and I am enjoying it so far but there is quite a lot of lag between when it's switching scenes and there are a lot of pixels out of place at times. It's not affecting my enjoyment too much though. I have a retail copy too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Started playing The Walking Dead on the Vita and I am enjoying it so far but there is quite a lot of lag between when it's switching scenes and there are a lot of pixels out of place at times. It's not affecting my enjoyment too much though. I have a retail copy too by the way.

That may just be the game tbh. I played it on PS3 and noticed a decent bit of lag too at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

PSVita Trailer for those who haven't seen it.

Sony are killing it. God Damn, just take all my money. I Don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Suddenly all those free PS+ vita games will be accessible to people without an actual vita, thats nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's pretty damn cool. So, you can access your PS4 with this, at a friends house, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    That's pretty damn cool. So, you can access your PS4 with this, at a friends house, etc?

Probably but I imagine it'd work a lot better over a private network instead of Wifi.

Grayditch wrote: »

Yeah i reckon so, connect over Wi-Fi.

One HUGE advantage it has for people is, if my PS4 is in the main room, i could have the PSVita TV in a different room and still stream Netflix, TV, Videos and games onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yeah i reckon so, connect over Wi-Fi.

One HUGE advantage it has for people is, if my PS4 is in the main room, i could have the PSVita TV in a different room and still stream Netflix, TV, Videos and games onto it.
    That's what I thought too. It sounds damn great. Then again ps vita tv joke can be a fantastic budget tv gaming platform. All Indy games are pushed to Sony now and some vita games are just plain good even to play on tv by it self.

Sony is doing same thing that Nintendo with 2ds, but Sony New products make a lot more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The video gave the impression you can watch a movie in one room and stream games to the next room. Was the movie coming from the ps4?

It would be cool to watch Netflix and game at once.

Been thinking of all possibles uses the PSVitaTV could do, based on similar technology out there:

Stream games/TV/Video in another room, separate from PS4 or via PS4.

Very Likely we'll be able to stream PS3 games on it once Gaikai is up and running in EU.

It is a Small games console/Netflix/TV service machine for younger kids and the missus's. Which means PS4 is free for the Men! Some i will want badly in the future!

Also confirmed Vita TV will output 720p, 1080i and 480p.

EDIT: More Confirmed: PSVita TV does movie streaming and can partner with PS4 to stream to another room.

It's controlled by a DualShock 3.

The video gave the impression you can watch a movie in one room and stream games to the next room. Was the movie coming from the ps4?

It would be cool to watch Netflix and game at once.

Considering those lads who starting playing it had to turn the PS4 on I say no.
    Klair88 wrote: »
    It's controlled by a DualShock 3.

The remote play with the PS4 was using the Dualshock 4, maybe you can choose which you use for Vita/PSP/PS1 games but you'll need a DS4 for the PS4 games. Considering that the DS4 has the touch pad and the R2/L2 most games would likely work better on it or at least closer to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Slightly disappointed when I first heard about it since I thought it was a fancy tv-out for the vita. Sounds like a great way to make a set top box device with actual games though. It might discourage devs from tacking on terrible touch controls for the sake of it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Here's the Official Fact Sheet(PDF) for Vita TV from Sony.Has lots of details about the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I sold my Vita a while back cos I don't really use portable systems anymore.

But the fact that Persona 4 works on this new little box... I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Surely Sony should get a move on and release Netflix on the Vita already then? Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works?

Surely Sony should get a move on and release Netflix on the Vita already then? Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works?

They have for the US so I've no idea why SCEE haven't or if it's down to Netflix to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Netflix has been on the Vita since launch :confused:

*edit*

Ah, I just see that it's not out in Europe on it. That's bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

wouldn't this vitatv box seriously dent the sales of the vita

tonydude wrote: »
    wouldn't this vitatv box seriously dent the sales of the vita

Doubt it given that the vita has its own USP, which is that it offers a second screen experience to PS4, as well as mobile remote play

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Am I correct in thinking that you could use your Vita as a gamepad with Vita TV so you can play the Vita games that require touch controls etc. on your TV?

If the only games you can play are Vita games that don't have touch controls etc then I'm not really interested in this.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking that you could use your Vita as a gamepad with Vita TV so you can play the Vita games that require touch controls etc. on your TV?

If the only games you can play are Vita games that don't have touch controls etc then I'm not really interested in this.

Correct, for now.

They're patching in DS4 support post PS4 launch, and the DS4 has a front side touch pad - so that should help for some of the touch-based games (but not ones that use the rear touch pad)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Anyone happen to forget that they also announced a 64GB memory card?

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/09/vita-getting-64gb-memory-card-in-japan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement