Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone happen to forget that they also announced a 64GB memory card?

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/09/vita-getting-64gb-memory-card-in-japan

Yup saw that.

I've a 32GB and 16GB card so I don't think I'll be picking that up until the next price cut.

Also, when I heard they revealed a Vita redesign I was disappointed just thinking there was a better model out there but I'm pretty happy now after reading the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Deano7788 wrote: »
    You just need to "purchase" them during the month, i.e. put them into your basket and checkout. You don't have to download them straight away. They can be downloaded anytime after the month as long as you still have a subscription.

Can they be downloaded multiple times or just the once? and are they the full game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nopeare wrote: »
    Can they be downloaded multiple times or just the once? and are they the full game?

Multiple times.

Full games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Nopeare wrote: »

The only strings attached to PS+ is you must pay the subscription each year to keep access to your ps plus games and if you miss downloading a game during the month your chance is gone!

Other than that you just need to add the games to your downloaded games (download then cancel if you do not want to fully download) then you can delete it off your system and re-download as much as you want. Also if your subscription lapses you get access to ps plus games on your download list again once you re-subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Other than that you just need to add the games to your downloaded games (download then cancel if you do not want to fully download) then you can delete it off your system and re-download as much as you want. Also if your subscription lapses you get access to ps plus games on your download list again once you re-subscribe.

Or you can just go on to the playstation store website and put the ps plus content into your shopping basket and "buy" it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Thanks a million all for you're help going to return the 2 games I got get the credit for PSN+ order a 32gb memory card and that should do me.

last quick question where is the best place for trading in old games?

sorry for plaguing you all with questions the help is much appreciated

TomCo wrote: »
    Or you can just go on to the playstation store website and put the ps plus content into your shopping basket and "buy" it.

I pretty sure once it comes up as purchased then that it fine either way. For quickness if it is on your download list you can go straight to downloads and re download from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Is the new Vita 2000 LCD screen costing around the €200 or will it be cheaper ? It should use MicroSD cards though. I know there are price reductions coming on stream but its still cheaper to go MicroSD.
    The new LCD screen might not appear as good as existing OLED but it might suit super casual gaming as opposed to super premium product. If the new LCD is 1080p like on Xperia Z or Xperia Z1 I will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

aindriu80 wrote: »
    If the new LCD is 1080p like on Xperia Z or Xperia Z1 I will take it.

I highly doubt the resolution of the screen will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

DjFlin wrote: »
    I highly doubt the resolution of the screen will change.

It might make the new Vita very tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Glad I waited to buy a new vita now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, no way resolution will change on new vita. Its fixed hardware. You have to keep in no d that old vita still is premium product over new one. New is cheaper version, that is all. Who ever is in to buy vita, I would suggest hunting Down the original one.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Glad I waited to buy a new vita now :pac:

As a current vita owner I'd disagree with this. The only thing they've really improved on is the battery which is probably due to the change in screen.

They've made it lighter but it's not heavy anyway so I'm happy with the model I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think I've been happy with the Vita since I got it. I actually use the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    As a current vita owner I'd disagree with this. The only thing they've really improved on is the battery which is probably due to the change in screen.

They've made it lighter but it's not heavy anyway so I'm happy with the model I have.

The Vita is rather large even if it's not that heavy, the new one is 20% thinner which would make a good difference.

The OLED isn't perfect, a lot of them have strange blotches that show up when the screen is blank such as loading screens.

Varik wrote: »
    The Vita is rather large even if it's not that heavy, the new one is 20% thinner which would make a good difference.

The OLED isn't perfect, a lot of them have strange blotches that show up when the screen is blank such as loading screens.

But it being thinner won't make any difference imo. It'd have to literally be made smaller in size for it to have any effect in terms of mobility as it's still awkward to carry around in one's pocket.

Ya I've noticed that when it's blank but it's glorious when it's on.

I'm happy with the model I have anyway and have no interest in getting this newer model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Really happy with all this vita goodness!! It was a long time coming.

Should boost sales across all SKUs (old, new, tv) which in turn keeps developers developing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/tearaway-playstation-vita/dp/35007761#bc=361c

Looks like a good price for Tearaway. €22.39 for preorder.

Really looking forward to this one I must say. Looks really cool. :cool:

Release scheduled for 22nd of November.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/tearaway-playstation-vita/dp/35007761#bc=361c

Looks like a good price for Tearaway. €22.39 for preorder.

I'd highly recommend going for it on Amazon instead.

I'd highly recommend going for it on Amazon instead.

I wouldnt be too bother personally if it took a week or so more with cdwow or hdwow or whatever its called these days once I get it in time for xmas which I'm sure it would.

But I do hear ya on it. I was waiting a week or so past release date for my "preorder" copy of Halo 4. I was not happy about that I can tell ya. I should have known better though in fairness.

Whats peoples views/thoughts on the look of tearaway so far anyway?

Its definately not one for the bus to work but looks really innovative. Looks to be getting the full potential from the vita with the touchpads etc..

Hopefully its not like uncharted where it just becomes rediculous like swiping the screen to swing your sword/blade or whatever at a sheet thats in your way.

The developers really need to be careful of whats innovative and fresh and whats just being used for the sake of it.

Uncharted for me was ok for the likes of the jigsaw puzzles, safe unlocking and linking your movement from ledge to ledge knowing you wouldnt make the jump and fall half way across but the likes of swinging a sword or dusting something off or giving your partner a leg lift up bis just irratating imo.

• Advertisement

Also was just wondering whats the most played multiplayer games on the Vita currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Also was just wondering whats the most played multiplayer games on the Vita currently?

As far as I am aware, COD still has a loyal enough following but you should get Killzone Mercenary, it is fantastic online.

On a different topic, does anyone know when and where the 64GB card will be on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This is the difference between the OLED screen and the LED screen

ku-xlarge.jpg

http://kotaku.com/so-how-does-the-new-ps-vita-screen-compare-to-the-old-1291950779

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Wow, that is some difference!!!! So glad I bought my second hand one last month. OLED is loads better, but I guess new comers wont know the difference to much.

Uncharted looks amaz on the OLED and starte Rayman Origins last night, looks epic to say the least.

Anyone think that the new cheaper model will sell well here? I do like the red and yellow one's but totally not enough to downgrade for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wow, that is some difference!!!! So glad I bought my second hand one last month. OLED is loads better, but I guess new comers wont know the difference to much.

Uncharted looks amaz on the OLED and starte Rayman Origins last night, looks epic to say the least.

Anyone think that the new cheaper model will sell well here? I do like the red and yellow one's but totally not enough to downgrade for.

You could always design your own Decal skin here for your existing Vita http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/Sony-PS-Vita-Skins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hmm, nice, but I think I will stick with the way it is for the moment. But thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    You could always design your own Decal skin here for your existing Vita http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/Sony-PS-Vita-Skins

WoW, those look cool. Though I know, that I am useless at putting on those sticker things.... It will look like ass when I am done with it... :pac:

As for OLED vs LCD... Fecking wow... :eek: LCD looks very yellowish. I am keeping my original PS vita, thank you very much!

I am very happy wth my OLED SKU, I am just so happy there was only minor and cosmetic changes made as I had just forked out for my VITA over a month ago!

Whats peoples views/thoughts on the look of tearaway so far anyway?

I can't wait for it. Looks brilliant. To add to the excitement I remember watching the Rev3games round up and they thought Tearaway was the best at the show.

On MP, I'd say it's Killzone right now anyway. It'll easily dominate FPS on vita anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just wondering where is the cheapest place to pick up a PSV at the moment?
    I saw the Argos offer and it looks good. Anything better available?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement