Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just wondering where is the cheapest place to pick up a PSV at the moment?
    I saw the Argos offer and it looks good. Anything better available?

If you have a Xtra Vision near you that is closing they are selling them on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Xenji wrote: »
    If you have a Xtra Vision near you that is closing they are selling them on the cheap.

Cool, will have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0054Q82WI/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1378910391&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+wifi&condition=used

Ask some of the sellers if they will post to ireland. I got mine for €130 including postage from someone on there, wont get it any cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I pretty sure once it comes up as purchased then that it fine either way. For quickness if it is on your download list you can go straight to downloads and re download from there!

Yep, but if you just go on the ps store on the WWW and put it through the checkout it goes on your download list. This way you don't have to start downloading anything and you can do it while you're away from your ps3.

I do it from work when the months ps plus stuff is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Niska wrote: »

Glad I picked up the OLED screen looks so much better than the new LCD screen, the new model is a big step backwards but I suppose they needed to make it from cheaper components to stay competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can anyone recommend a good case for the Vita?

I'm looking for a slim enough one. I don't need one that holds accessories and games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm looking for a slim enough one. I don't need one that holds accessories and games.

The official one is nice and connect to and wraps around the Vita rather than being placed inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I bought the official one and it is amazing! Hugs and secures the Vita Brilliantly. I also got a slim, slip case i never use and gave away but only because that leather one is amazing.

04-PS-Vita-case.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

There's one here ;) :pac:

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/sony-playstation-vita-leather-carry-case/3758858

• Advertisement

Andrew House on why they changed the screen.
    In an interview with Nikkei, House said, "The main reason is that the LCD panel can now realize an image as high quality as that of the OLED panel." House also added that the LCD panel makes it easier to slim down the PS Vita.P

http://kotaku.com/sony-explains-why-it-changed-the-ps-vitas-oled-screen-1299021236

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Klair88 wrote: »
    I bought the official one and it is amazing! Hugs and secures the Vita Brilliantly. I also got a slim, slip case i never use and gave away but only because that leather one is amazing.

04-PS-Vita-case.jpg

that is class looking i've no case for mine at all and really need one. where did you get it and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

jones wrote: »
    that is class looking i've no case for mine at all and really need one. where did you get it and how much?

It the official starter kit. I got it for €20 in gamestop the day i got my Vita and i love it!

http://www.gamestop.ie/PS%20Vita/Games/11558/ps-vita-official-starter-kit

You get lots of other cool stuff with it too, not just that leather case. Screen protector,Cleaning Cloth,Wrist Strap,Game Cartridge Case,Pouch
    and Official Case.

The case also has a small stand in it to position it as if you were watching something. 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Picked up the oul Vita there, had a browse though the latest games available. Looked at the Walking Dead, thought "looks amazing" download. (It really is too bloody easy to do that)
    Download time...300minutes..
    Fuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Just in case anyone is using it Music Unlimited just got a major face lift. Loving the new pains display for skipping through categories, library etc. Classy stuff Sony.

Edit: Also just spotted Deathmatch Village is showing as free for the full game under Indie Games in the PS Vita store. Looks fun. (not sure it this is old news)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN0DFFTheao

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Just in case anyone is using it Music Unlimited just got a major face lift. Loving the new pains display for skipping through categories, library etc. Classy stuff Sony.

Edit: Also just spotted Deathmatch Village is showing as free for the full game under Indie Games in the PS Vita store. Looks fun. (not sure it this is old news)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN0DFFTheao

Free on PS3 also....where did you see the Music Unlimted refresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Free on PS3 also....where did you see the Music Unlimted refresh?

I just turned the Vita on and it said it was ready to install. Big improvement imho. As the speakers on the Vita are a bit weak, again only my opinion, I'm going to get a dock with a lineout to feed my speakers.

Just hoping for another MU deal from Sony around December as I got the last 12 euro PA deal and its been fantastic across several pcs, macs, android, iphone, vita. Can't ask for more. Well maybe scrobbling on IOS would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Panthro wrote: »
    Picked up the oul Vita there, had a browse though the latest games available. Looked at the Walking Dead, thought "looks amazing" download. (It really is too bloody easy to do that)
    Download time...300minutes..
    Fuuuu

I took me about an hour and a bit and tbf I wouldn't have amazing speeds - it usually gives a higher time at the beginning and rapidly goes down after that. 'Tis a great game but man, you feel sh¡tty with some of the choices you make in it. I'm only making my way through episode 3 at the moment but I'll definitely be playing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Anyone thinking of getting a vita amazon Germany are doing the mega pack http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00D8WHSLQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0VCC526C87C00JRMAT4B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128 costs €180.26 including delivery. Ordered one Sunday and it arrived this morning, finally can play all those ps+ vita games I have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

If I ever drop or break my vita will I still be able to buy the better version or are we restricted to the new one now?

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    If I ever drop or break my vita will I still be able to buy the better version or are we restricted to the new one now?

They have ceased production on the old model, so unless you find a person selling one, you would have to get a new one, that or buy a second one now while they are still in circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

They have ceased production on the old model, so unless you find a person selling one, you would have to get a new one, that or buy a second one now while they are still in circulation.

Well thats a load of bollix, not happy with that news at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I took me about an hour and a bit and tbf I wouldn't have amazing speeds - it usually gives a higher time at the beginning and rapidly goes down after that. 'Tis a great game but man, you feel sh¡tty with some of the choices you make in it. I'm only making my way through episode 3 at the moment but I'll definitely be playing it again
    Jesus, you sit for an hour easily with this game!
    (I'm pure novice gamer) It seems pretty good though!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

edit,
    thought this was the ps4 mega thread

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like with Sony its all about getting launch models. So far ps3 and ps vita launch models are superior to later updated versions. I wonder will ps4 will be same.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

The European PS blog has a 'Weekend Debate' every week and they usually give away some prizes for the best answers. This week its about DLC and they have 5 digital copies of Killzone Mercenary for the winners. Its worth a try, no harm entering anyway and if anyone else is interested this is the link.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/13/weekend-debate-what-makes-a-great-game-add-on/#more-147275

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The Xtravision near me is closing down so they have 70% off all games. The selection wasn't great but on impulse I bought Street Fighter v Tekken, Assassin's Creed, Dragon Hunter Alliance and a case for the Vita. Cost me about 30 euros which wasn't too bad. Anyone have any experience of the multiplayer on AC? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

OLED Vita Vs LCD Vita.

Maybe from the side LCD isn't as viewable.

Does the Vita have a equivalent to the R4/Edge cards on the 3DS or is it not possible on it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

aindriu80 wrote: »

OLED Vita Vs LCD Vita.

Maybe from the side LCD isn't as viewable.

There's a huge difference in the colours. The LCD Vita looks washed out compared to the OLED screen. I can understand why Sony have changed but I would advise anyone to pick up an OLED Vita before they become obsolete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement