Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Think someone said it was 95 for the console, so whatever 25% is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »
    Think someone said it was 95 for the console, so whatever 25% is :p

thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone else pre order with game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Just after getting off the phone with the Xtravision and they guy there was saying the they will not know what the offers are until the day of release. He then said to call a week before and they might know. God dammit, why did I pay a deposit Doh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

anyone else pre order with game?

am gonna go into them tommorow anything decent in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

is it not risky to go with GAME, i read reports they are in financial difficulty, which would lead to problems with credit from distributors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

BArra wrote: »
    is it not risky to go with GAME, i read reports they are in financial difficulty, which would lead to problems with credit from distributors

I think you'll find that all game retailers are in some level of financial difficulties. GameStop lost €3.4m last year and HMV around €2.4m iirc. Xtravision also have had their difficulties.
    I cannot see any of them going bust just before the release of a new console.

any deal where i can get ps vita wifi 16gb card and rayman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lot of people desperate to get rid of their brand new 360's for some reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

BArra wrote: »
    rang two gamestops today, a 250gb xbox 360 slim gets you...

€128 straight trade value
    €32 extra as 25% trade in incentive

so a total of €160 for the 360 slim they give, previous posters say it was 160 they got plus 25% making it 200

argh!

thats not bad in fairness ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

folks I recommend you check out the Vita in GAME, they have demo models. It is VERY impressive. Wipeout was stunning. It was sorta hard to believe what I was looking at on a small screen. Certainly 'console' quality graphics. The dual sticks are lovely as is the screen in general. But I wonder who needs portable graphics of that quality, wouldn't you be better off just playing a regular console. If you travel a lot or say have a flat with no room for a tv ?? then its a no brainer, you wont find anything like this on tablets at least in 2012.

Does the GAME in the Ilac centre have a demo unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks like US customers can't transfer UMD games to their Vita so I can't imagine them offering it in Europe either. Not really a deal breaker for me since I never owned a PSP but I was hoping on picking up a few games I'd missed and transferring them over when I got around to picking a Vita up. :o

gizmo wrote: »
    Not really a deal breaker for me since I never owned a PSP but I was hoping on picking up a few games I'd missed and transferring them over when I got around to picking a Vita up. :o
    You could always buy them on the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ShaneU wrote: »
    You could always buy them on the store?
    The PSN store? Not all of the games I had my eye on are available yet unfortuantely. :(

Gonna keep my PSP anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ShaneU wrote: »
    Lot of people desperate to get rid of their brand new 360's for some reason?

seems slightly strange alright, i think people are just a bit gadget mad, there hasnt been much excitement about new hardware recently, even the 3ds had a decent launch in Ireland because I think people just miss the excitement of a new gaming machine.

also, I think less people will trade a ps3 for a vita simply because of the functionality between both machines, remote play could be very handy for certain folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The PSN store? Not all of the games I had my eye on are available yet unfortuantely. :(

The only thing I was looking for was Kingdom Hearts, which isn't on the store either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone have a link to what will be available to buy from psn store at release??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone have a link to what will be available to buy from psn store at release??

I'd say it's all the launch titles http://www.psvitauniverse.com/here-is-the-confirmed-list-of-us-european-launch-games-for-the-ps-vita/

still waiting to see whether Sony release the vita games on psn before launch, having them already downloaded would be great but price is more important IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Looks like US customers can't transfer UMD games to their Vita so I can't imagine them offering it in Europe either. Not really a deal breaker for me since I never owned a PSP but I was hoping on picking up a few games I'd missed and transferring them over when I got around to picking a Vita up. :o

One of the few times I'm glad I have a PSP Go :p

Some vita games now available on US PSN

http://ie.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1218193p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaronAmith

Guys i honestly think spending money on a 3G Vita is well better its only 50 quid more and plus you dont have to use the 3G function but it could come in handy when your going somewhere....plus all the social connectivity activities you can do is pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

SaronAmith wrote: »
    Guys i honestly think spending money on a 3G Vita is well better its only 50 quid more and plus you dont have to use the 3G function but it could come in handy when your going somewhere....plus all the social connectivity activities you can do is pretty cool.

I can do all that on my phone.... And I can always tether it to my phone if I'm away from any form of a wifi connection. You can't even play games online on the Vita's 3g. :D So I don't really consider it to be worthwhile to get the 3g vita so I can tweet and update my facebook profile........

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaronAmith

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I can do all that on my phone.... And I can always tether it to my phone if I'm away from any form of a wifi connection. You can't even play games online on the Vita's 3g. :D So I don't really consider it to be worthwhile to get the 3g vita so I can tweet and update my facebook profile........

Where did you hear that you cant play online with the 3g ?....everywhere im reading it says ya can ????? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Where did you hear that you cant play online with the 3g ?....everywhere im reading it says ya can ????? :confused:

From what I can see, it might support turn based games but that's it. Fairly certain that it was also mentioned at some point in the forum. Anyone this link sums it up pretty much.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2012/01/23/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-3g-ps-vita

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Corkfeen wrote: »

Not to mention the monthly Vodafone sub.

Your allowed is it 20mb for 3G stuff? So you couldn't play i dunno, wipeout or something?

Will psp games bought on the PSN store work on the Vita ? I want to get Gladiator Begins. Its on the store now. So would that work if i buy it on the Vita ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

cloud493 wrote: »
    Your allowed is it 20mb for 3G stuff? So you couldn't play i dunno, wipeout or something?
    Only games that allow for asynchronous online play, i.e. only games that you can only play in turns in a play by mail style.
    Will psp games bought on the PSN store work on the Vita ? I want to get Gladiator Begins. Its on the store now. So would that work if i buy it on the Vita ?
    All PSP games that are bought off the PS Store are backwards compatible with the Vita. It was well established ages ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement