Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Limbo is around €3 as well at the moment so that's worth picking up as well. Beautiful game to look at although I don't know if it was really worth the €12 they were selling it for originally. Having restarted Lone Survivor and being much more conservative with my supplies I finally gotten past where I got stuck and enjoying it much more now. It's amazing how much you get sucked into it. It's an 8-bit zombie Twin Peaks.

Check out some of the PSP games as well. Peace Walker was going cheap for a while and I'd recommend Everybody's Tennis to, well, everybody.

Limbo is a nice little game but yeah there's no way it's worth 12 quid, I got it on XBLA for a fiver way back I think, it definitely suits the handheld setup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Jamie OD wrote: »
    To be fair, that's been their price long before the Vita dropped down to €179. But yeah, I doubt they're going to be selling much of them anytime soon without another price drop.

That's what I mean though, it's been months since the price drop and they haven't come in line with it yet. Makes me wonder how often they actually review their prices.

That's what I mean though, it's been months since the price drop and they haven't come in line with it yet. Makes me wonder how often they actually review their prices.

CEX? their prices are ridiculous for gadgets, was in there last week and a the prices of handhelds and phones were laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Any good indie platformers??
    jaffusmax wrote: »
    Guacamelee is a must buy, it is a beat em up/platformer. Miami Hotline and Lone Survivor are another 2 to look at!

Guacamelee is a good shout, as are Thomas Was Alone and Mutant Blobs Attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Where would be the best value for a 32gb card, that is in stock, online or in a store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

933ca1ff9d887a238fbc3a05f07946de.png

Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »
    933ca1ff9d887a238fbc3a05f07946de.png

Nice!

Excuse the ignorance but what does that actually mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Excuse the ignorance but what does that actually mean.

It means they're finished and they've sent off master copies to be manufactured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

HEADSUP ON VITA OFFER.

I just went to Argos and got a Vita 3g/wifi with Killzone ,Virtua tennis and an 8gb memory card for €179.99 . At the moment Argos have an offer that if you spend over €100 you will get a €10 voucher to use on your next purchase . In the argos book it says that you can get 25% off a PS+ account voucher (1yr membership) . The ps+ voucher is €48 . I told the girl that when I tried to reserve the voucher with the bundle online the systen would not allow it and it was quoting me a crazy price. She checked out the ps+ voucher in the argos book and seen that it says 25% off with bundles and went to the manager to see what she could do about the system error . After talking to the manager she told me to pay for the bundle (€179.99) and then she would reduce the voucher price -25% (€48-€36) and then let me apply the - €10 voucher I had just got from the purchase of the Vita. Total cost €206.

I went straight over to Gamestop and traded VT for €5 and added it to my store credit (I now have €34 towards ps4 accessories) and went to smyths and got €22 for KZ (I now have €44 credit with them).

Fricken sweet deal.

To sum up ,
    I got the 3G Vita ,8gb memory card and 1yr subscription to PS+ for €179 . I put in the code for PS + when I got home and have 14 free games to dl today ,5 of them on the Vita.

Happy days

ps, The vita seems to be working fine with my 48 sim... I'le make sure later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I would have rathered throw VT in the bin than trade it in for a manky 5 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ok I have an issue with my Vita at the moment that's really annoying me. I'm connected to my wifi network no problem in that I can browse the store etc but as soon as I connect to the Playstation Network to play a game online it disconnects itself again after about 5 seconds. If I try reconnect again it just disconnects almost immediately. It has happened on both Unit 13 and Motorstorm Rc in the last day. It just won't stay connected to allow me to play online.

I know all about the issue of the wifi disconnecting when you're not playing online to save battery power, this is a separate issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Probably a stupid question, but is there any way of deleting patches? I only have a 8GB card and when I get fed up of Killzone Multiplayer I'd like to be able to get rid of that 1 GB + patch on my memory card.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Ok I have an issue with my Vita at the moment that's really annoying me. I'm connected to my wifi network no problem in that I can browse the store etc but as soon as I connect to the Playstation Network to play a game online it disconnects itself again after about 5 seconds. If I try reconnect again it just disconnects almost immediately. It has happened on both Unit 13 and Motorstorm Rc in the last day. It just won't stay connected to allow me to play online.

I know all about the issue of the wifi disconnecting when you're not playing online to save battery power, this is a separate issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I fixed this, I just had to sign out and in again to my Playstation Network account

Dammit the 179.99 Argos offer ends tomorrow, don't get paid til Thursday, gahhh. Wonder will they replace it with something similar, if all else fails I can get the one with the 10 games think Smyths had that for 199 or thereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Great offer in Argos, picked up the package today.

Killzone online is genuinely hard to believe its on a handheld, it looks and plays great. My psn name is boboliam, feel free to add me!

I would have rathered throw VT in the bin than trade it in for a manky 5 euro.

Actually where's the best spot to trade in games. I've got a couple like Dragon Hunter Alliance, Wipeout (with an unused network pass), Lego Lord of the Rings and Assassin's Creed. I wouldn't mind trading them all in off Killzone.

krudler wrote: »
    Dammit the 179.99 Argos offer ends tomorrow, don't get paid til Thursday, gahhh. Wonder will they replace it with something similar, if all else fails I can get the one with the 10 games think Smyths had that for 199 or thereabouts.

Reserve it online today. That way you will pay the price you reserved it at... DO IT QUICK ;) . They will hold the reservation for 2 days ,but you can extend that if you go instore ,I know because a woman ahead of me in the Q spoke to the manager and he held the item for a further 2 days at the reserve price.

Hope this helps make up your mind.

Actually where's the best spot to trade in games. I've got a couple like Dragon Hunter Alliance, Wipeout (with an unused network pass), Lego Lord of the Rings and Assassin's Creed. I wouldn't mind trading them all in off Killzone.

Smyths or Xtra vision. Gamestop kick you in the balls while having large grins on their faces when their giving you trade in prices.

Reserve it online today. That way you will pay the price you reserved it at... DO IT QUICK ;) . They will hold the reservation for 2 days ,but you can extend that if you go instore ,I know because a woman ahead of me in the Q spoke to the manager and he held the item for a further 2 days at the reserve price.

Hope this helps make up your mind.

Did that, didn't realise you paid in store I thought you paid for it first to reserve it, handy

Smyths or Xtra vision. Gamestop kick you in the balls while having large grins on their faces when their giving you trade in prices.

Cheers, rang Smyths and got a good price off them for the games so I'll be dropping into them tomorrow with them. Killzone Mercenary here we come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

:eek:Happy days, I traded in GTAV (completed and online is crap imo) at Smyths and got 40 for it and just took KZ Mercenary in exchange.

I have only played a little online but :eek: how did they squeeze it onto the vita!

I traded in KZ ,still in wrapper as soon as I got it...I probably should have played it first.

Can't see myself keeping Killzone either, I want the vita for more handheld centric games and stuff like Rayman Legends

Actually on that note, what games do people recommend the most? will get Uncharted and Gravity Rush from psn+ and want Rayman Legends and maybe Wipeout

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Actually on that note, what games do people recommend the most? will get Uncharted and Gravity Rush from psn+ and want Rayman Legends and maybe Wipeout

Killzone is something people here like,haven't played it myself,do you like rpgs? If so get persona 4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

also unit 13

Killzone is something people here like,haven't played it myself,do you like rpgs? If so get persona 4.

I played the multiplayer beta when that was on and thought it was great craic so I have been itching to get my hands on it. There seems to be some complaining online about the size of the downloads for the patches though. Still, I'm looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

I played the multiplayer beta when that was on and thought it was great craic so I have been itching to get my hands on it. There seems to be some complaining online about the size of the downloads for the patches though. Still, I'm looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

yup I'm dieing to play it,not much cash atm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

"Thomas Was Alone" and "Frobisher Says" are probably my two favorite Vita games.

• Advertisement

is The Walking Dead on it? I'm sure I saw it somewhere online haven't seen it in shops though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement