Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

krudler wrote: »
    Actually on that note, what games do people recommend the most? will get Uncharted and Gravity Rush from psn+ and want Rayman Legends and maybe Wipeout

I am absorbed in Velocity Ultra at the moment. Spelunky is also an absolute time-sink of a game. But it would be remiss of me not to mention Guacamelee, Thomas Was Alone, Limbo and Hotline Miami.

Also, The Walking Dead is on Vita (and it includes the 400 Days DLC). It may be download-only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Otacon wrote: »
    I am absorbed in Velocity Ultra at the moment. Spelunky is also an absolute time-sink of a game. But it would be remiss of me not to mention Guacamelee, Thomas Was Alone, Limbo and Hotline Miami.

Also, The Walking Dead is on Vita (and it includes the 400 Days DLC). It may be download-only.

The Walking Dead is available as a US import:

Here on amazon

I picked it up as a download and really enjoyed it - the only very minor bugbear was the occasional lag in it that could get you killed at crucial times. Other than that probably one of my favourites on the Vita. I plan on playing it and being an utter bollix in it the next time.

Stealth is a great game as well. Also, Need for Speed is a decent racer for the Vita.

Edit: Lone Survivor is great as well. Really enjoying that at the moment. If you plan on picking up Limbo, I'd pick it up now - it's only about 3-4 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

ARGOS VITA RESERVE NEWS ...

My brother reserved a Vita KZ €179.99 bundle yesterday in Blanchardstown . He went in to collect it today and all was good . On the way over he got a txt from Argos to tell him his reservation was up today...all he got was a 24hr reservation, I'm nearly sure I had a 48hr one for Waterford.

Just a heads up lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

weird, Argos not showing the PS plus sub in stock anywhere, can that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

get it on ps store or on adverts.ie maybe a few quid cheaper

• Advertisement

If you go and look at the Vita ,Bundles...you will see it in there as an optiion. You can buy it for €26 after you buy the Vita bundle .My bro got one today in Blanch Argos after he bought the KZ bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Got the argos deal Saturday as a mad impluse - I have a PSP as well, I rather liked the PSP, but in all honesty my PC/PS3 had it beaten in hours of enjoyment, at the time I brought it I thought I would be travelling loads. I have a heap of games I haven't finished for it that I brought on impulse. It made me a little slow to buy another handheld, but this time I have PSplus so I have heaps of freebies to play. In fairness I really enjoyed playing FF Crisis core, FF6 & FF8 on my PSP too so hopefully I'll get that level of use out of it at least.

I gotta say, the screen is great, I think I'll like the oled over the new LCD that's coming. The UI is fantastic for swapping around and just entering data, didn't realize just how smartphone like it is,real step up over the PSP. The games are pretty nice too, I've tried killzone and Dragons Crown a good bit, seem really awesome. The dual sticks are just fantastic, games feel so much better than they did on the PSP nub. I'm a bit on the fence about touch, I get the feeling it could go flying while trying to do some QTE in killzone. I think I'll be giving this more of a go than the PSP to be honest.

On the battery front I miss the replaceable battery, and I wouldn't mind a Micro USB charger, guess I'll just ebay up some cables. All in all its a fine device.

I see they have a 64gb card announced too, I'll try and get one once the price is reasonable, I have a 16gb and 8gb, I only have 2gb left òn the 16gb already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ARGOS VITA RESERVE NEWS ...

My brother reserved a Vita KZ €179.99 bundle yesterday in Blanchardstown . He went in to collect it today and all was good . On the way over he got a txt from Argos to tell him his reservation was up today...all he got was a 24hr reservation, I'm nearly sure I had a 48hr one for Waterford.

Just a heads up lads.

I reserved it yesterday morning online for the Waterford store. Picked it up this afternoon. 48 hour has always been the reserve timeframe in Waterford anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I was in Argos today and they had 1 Year PS+ subs for 35 euro. On the wall behind the checkouts.

DjFlin wrote: »
    I was in Argos today and they had 1 Year PS+ subs for 35 euro. On the wall behind the checkouts.

I wonder is there a time limit on the PS+ vouchers ?...I might buy another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I wonder is there a time limit on the PS+ vouchers ?...I might buy another one.

There isn't, you can stack them. Mine is stacked until 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Actually I have a 30 day psn+ sub I got with God Of War Ascension at launch but the code never worked, it's redeem date is 12/2013 so isn't out of date. wonder if I emailed Sony would they replace it? just keeps saying the code is invalid but it's correct, and the game was sealed when I got it so isn't like someone would have used it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Actually on that note, what games do people recommend the most? will get Uncharted and Gravity Rush from psn+ and want Rayman Legends and maybe Wipeout

I can kind of answer that question as I completed Uncharted, am nearly finished with Gravity Rush and have played Wipeout quite a bit.

Uncharted imo was good, nothing epic about it again imo. Nice graphics and is free so not a lot to give out about it. Basically your typical indiana jones rip off. :D The touch controls were useful for certain movements but for the most part just put in for sake of it.

Gravity Rush for me is the best game on the system by a long way. Just looks beautiful. Very original gameplay.
    Once you get used to the controls and if you forgive the at times annoying fighting system that doesnt always target properly youre in for a great experience.
    As I said above I'm nearly finished it and loving every single bit of it. Its been a LONG time since I went back to do side challenges etc missed along the way but this is a title that I'll be definately be revisiting... And theres a sequel coming soon seemingly too which is great news.

Wipeout. What can you say about wipeout. Its wipeout. Fast space ship racing. Plays great, looks beautiful. Nothing new here though which lets face it is to be expected and isnt a bad thing. I've always been a fan of the series and that hasnt changed. That said it wont be taking up a lot of my time either.

I havent played Rayman Legends yet but it does look nice.

As for upcoming games I'm most looking forward to it has to be Tearaway (made by the LBP people). It looks really nice. So different, quirky, etc..

I hope that the Vita continues to be innovative with the likes of Tearaway and Gravity rush.
    Its getting the balance of not just relying on the graphical power but doing something different.
    I want to see them use the touch screen and back for something new not just gimmicky things like scratching the screen to unveil something.

Tearaway seems to be trying this so should be interesting. Theres a cool clip online where he goes through a puddle and its makes a splash but its cardboard splash. Its just cool animation.

Ok so I went for it.
    Got the normal deal and then asked the nice man for the PS Plus sub offer.
    And the nice man gave it to me :D

Shame the 10 euro voucher expired yesterday :(

BTW it wont let you do anything, even play a cartridge game before finishing set up and it wants a system update
    So I plugged it into my PS3, and... nothing!
    How do I get it to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ok so I went for it.

BTW it wont let you do anything, even play a cartridge game before finishing set up and it wants a system update

Connect it via wireless to your network and it should pop up to download the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Ok so I went for it.

Connect it to your Wi-Fi and go to the system setting and update it there.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Connect it via wireless to your network and it should pop up to download the updates.

Cheers got it. I tried to use my account but it wont let you straight off, so you have to use the temp account

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ok so I went for it.

how much was the ps+ card?

how much was the ps+ card?

37.50. 25% off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Picked up Killzone for €7 after trading in a couple of games so looking forward to ploughing through it tonight. I got €20 for Lego Lord of the Rings in Smyths. I couldn't believe it. It's a piece of poo tbh.

• Advertisement

From what I can find out on the web , if I buy another 1yr ps+ sub I can just add it to my account online and psn will stack the codes . In other words, I will have a 2yr ps+ sub.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

From what I can find out on the web , if I buy another 1yr ps+ sub I can just add it to my account online and psn will stack the codes . In other words, I will have a 2yr ps+ sub.

Nice.

Yup. I wait until PS+ is on offer and stack them. I think I'm good until October 2016 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

PSN: jaffusmaximus if anyone one wants to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Hi, I bought a PS Vita but am confused about it.

It came with an 8gb memory card and I have ordered a 32gb card from Amazon which is on the way. The PS Vita pack I bought came with a code for 10 free game downloads, plus the AR card games. I entered these codes for them but haven't downloaded them yet. But now I want to download the PS plus games on offer this month but don't have any room on my memory card it seems. Can I delete the 10 free games off it and re-download them again at a later point? Or will I lose them forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Yes you can delete and re download as much as you like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

kaji wrote: »
    Can I delete the 10 free games off it and re-download them again at a later point?

Yes, they will be in your downloaded section.
    Or will I lose them forever?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Phew, thanks. I was afraid that they'd be lost forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Hi, I bought a PS Vita but am confused about it.

It came with an 8gb memory card and I have ordered a 32gb card from Amazon which is on the way. The PS Vita pack I bought came with a code for 10 free game downloads, plus the AR card games. I entered these codes for them but haven't downloaded them yet. But now I want to download the PS plus games on offer this month but don't have any room on my memory card it seems. Can I delete the 10 free games off it and re-download them again at a later point? Or will I lose them forever?

You can just "buy" the free ps+ games now and download at your leisure, just need to have the PS+ sub active.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone played the Destiny of Spirits beta? Gave it a couple of hours there and its not bad once you get going (the tutorial drags a bit). Fans of TCGs should definitely check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

penev10 wrote: »
    Anyone played the Destiny of Spirits beta? Gave it a couple of hours there and its not bad once you get going (the tutorial drags a bit). Fans of TCGs should definitely check it out.

TCG?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement