Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone know where I'll find a very cheap ps3 for my vita??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaronAmith

333 for 16 gig card with Fifa and a Wifi Vita, thats not too bad

Ye i know im sickened now cause i pre ordered a 3g one ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

ok guys, went to game and gamestop with a 3ds resident evil revelations, tales of abyss mario kart 7, and zelda,

game offered me- 156, gamestop-234.50!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Currently there is a PSP game sale on the PS... SEN! I would be interested in picking up GTA VCS and LCS, but I was wondering if someone could confirm if they will work with both sticks of the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Vodafone uk confirm they are giving 4gb card free with 3G vita along with wipeout 2048 when u top up by £5, the free memory is only available through Vodafone stores. On another note hmv are selling wifi vita plus FIFA for £229 bout €265. All the one to me as already pre ordered in GameStop but might be an option to get 3G vita just to get wipeout. Question: if I have a wifi vita pre ordered will GameStop let me change that to a 3G model on the day if I choose to??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Otacon wrote: »
    Currently there is a PSP game sale on the PS... SEN! I would be interested in picking up GTA VCS and LCS, but I was wondering if someone could confirm if they will work with both sticks of the Vita.
    When you go into the settings of the PSP emulator on the Vita, you can set which buttons map to the analog sticks - so they will work across all PSP games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Vodafone uk confirm they are giving 4gb card free with 3G vita along with wipeout 2048 when u top up by £5, the free memory is only available through Vodafone stores. On another note hmv are selling wifi vita plus FIFA for £229 bout €265. All the one to me as already pre ordered in GameStop but might be an option to get 3G vita just to get wipeout. Question: if I have a wifi vita pre ordered will GameStop let me change that to a 3G model on the day if I choose to??

yeah i was told i could today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

moz wrote: »
    I think you'll find that all game retailers are in some level of financial difficulties. GameStop lost €3.4m last year and HMV around €2.4m iirc. Xtravision also have had their difficulties.
    I cannot see any of them going bust just before the release of a new console.

i dont see reports of other retailers having these such problems

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-01-game-in-trouble-as-doubt-cast-on-ability-to-stock-new-games

just providing info, it says in article the vita launch is safe, others however may not be

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Less than 2 weeks :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

13 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

just seen that hmv in the uk are offering uncharted / fifa free with the wifi vita can anyone see if hmv here are doing a similar deal €250 for a vita and uncharted would be an instant buy from me.
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I heard a rumour that Sony will provide all sellers of the vita with a free 8gb memory card to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

That's a whopper of a rumour and one that I find hard to believe as vodafone have already confirmed providing only a 4gb memory card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Think I might go through with preordering next week. Will just wait a small bit longer to decide on best available deal.

I just tried the PS vita out in the Game in the ilac :eek: that is incredible machine. Loved the feel, love the weight. And uncharted looked amazing. And it played great as well. Had to use the touch a few times with it, no problems at all.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I just tried the PS vita out in the Game in the ilac :eek: that is incredible machine. Loved the feel, love the weight. And uncharted looked amazing. And it played great as well. Had to use the touch a few times with it, no problems at all.

Cloud you said previously you worked in hmv, is the offer for uk gonna be same as we will get?? As in buy a vita and get FIFA or uncharted free??

I was in work today, still no word yet. However, the bundles are almost always pretty much identical, so I'd assume so. We haven't even got the price of the games in yet.

I was in work today, still no word yet. However, the bundles are almost always pretty much identical, so I'd assume so. We haven't even got the price of the games in yet.

Very relaxed from hmv head office tbh how can they expect to sell a 300 euro console with little or no info on prices, games etc have money waiting to purchase in hmv or GameStop but GameStop have some info at least!!

• Advertisement

If you go, they have the prices of the console itself, game boxes, all that jazz. But we've been told absolutely nothing so far. We're actually having a fair few people coming in and asking, and its silly that we don't know yet.

If you go, they have the prices of the console itself, game boxes, all that jazz. But we've been told absolutely nothing so far. We're actually having a fair few people coming in and asking, and its silly that we don't know yet.

Thanks cloud, I just feel let down by hmv over this tbh. I love buying my stuff there as prices for new releases etc are normally best of the bricks and mortar stores but this is crazy how can anyone be expected to preorder from
    Any of big stores without any proper info 13 days before biggest release of last few years re handheld consoles!! Can you ask for any info manager has cloud??

Ok news from hmv grafting street!!!

Wifi model 250 plus get either one of uncharted or FIFA for 20 euro on top of that with the 3G one obviously being 50 more expensive!!!

That is apparently the only deals hmv are doing!!!

GameStop it is so!!!

Anyone interested in 297 euro hmv store cred for 275 euro pm me??

Ah, we should get them in shortly then :P well 290 for the console, game, and memory is brilliant for me..

Ah, we should get them in shortly then :P well 290 for the console, game, and memory is brilliant for me..

What memory card u getting cloud?? Is the need for bigger cards important like the psn games are they big memory usage??

So Im either going for

Gamestop : PS Vita + Uncharted Golden Abyss + 16GB PS Vita Memory Card €329.99
    or
    Hmv : PS Vita + Uncharted Golden Abyss €270 + Planetaxel 32GB PS Vita Memory Card €69.99 = €340

I think its probably worth the extra €10 to get the 32gb card

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    So Im either going for

Gamestop : PS Vita + Uncharted Golden Abyss + 16GB PS Vita Memory Card €329.99
    or
    Hmv : PS Vita + Uncharted Golden Abyss €270 + Planetaxel 32GB PS Vita Memory Card €69.99 = €340

I think its probably worth the extra €10 to get the 32gb card

Where did you see HMV selling the 32GB card, it's not available in Europe.

Im getting the 32gb from planetaxel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Im getting the 32gb from planetaxel

Didn't read that part, only saw it listed with HMV

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement