Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »
    Legends is just as good. It's been patched too so it has all the content the other versions have.

I only got to play a little of it last night but it looks like it's pretty jammed with content.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I only got to play a little of it last night but it looks like it's pretty jammed with content.

Ya it is.. was actually playing it today and for the first time I did the weekly challenges which were great...

.. but I was the only Irish person on the vita :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't see it mentioned but the system limit for the portables has increased to 3 from 2.

Meaning you can have a PSP, Vita, and Vita TV all working with your downloaded games; or 3 Vitas if you prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Ya it is.. was actually playing it today and for the first time I did the weekly challenges which were great...

.. but I was the only Irish person on the vita :(

Those god damn Murfy stages are a pain in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone get a free Tearaway bundle from Zavvi :pac:

Zavvi threatens legal action against customers after accidentally mailing them free PS Vitas.

Online retailer Zavvi has reportedly threatened legal action against customers after it mistakenly sent them a free PS Vita console.
    It comes from a letter posted online by Dark Zero, in which Zavvi insists that the recipient contact them with their postal details so that the PS Vita be collected and returned. Failure to do so by 5pm today, December 10 could result in legal action, the company has threatened.

The mix-up occurred when customers ordered a copy of PS Vita title Tearaway at £19.99, only to receive a £169.99 bundle including the game and Sony’s handheld instead.

Zavvi’s letter reads, “We are very sorry to inform you that due to an error in our warehouse we have dispatched the incorrect product. We are contacting you in order for us to arrange a collection of the incorrect item which is on the way to you. If possible, please keep the parcel in its original packaging ready to hand back to the courier.”

Dark Zero cites consumer regulatory guidelines posted by customers, that suggest Zavvi’s threat is unlawful. “The Distance Selling Regulations are very clear on this.” one consumer writes. “If you’ve been sent unsolicited goods, you are entitled to treat them as an unconditional gift and do with them as you choose. You are not required to keep them for any amount of time and you are certainly not required to pay for them. Any attempt to demand payment (by threatening means or otherwise) is unlawful.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/10/zavvi-threatens-legal-action-against-customers-after-accidentally-mailing-them-free-ps-vitas/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone get a free Tearaway bundle from Zavvi :pac:

Zavvi threatens legal action against customers after accidentally mailing them free PS Vitas.

Online retailer Zavvi has reportedly threatened legal action against customers after it mistakenly sent them a free PS Vita console.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/10/zavvi-threatens-legal-action-against-customers-after-accidentally-mailing-them-free-ps-vitas/

Lucky! There's no way I'd be giving it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Julez wrote: »
    Lucky! There's no way I'd be giving it back!

Then you'd be paying for it in the end if they've contacted you to arrange collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

any 1 know if i can trade 2 vita games on the gamestop list and get a ps4 game for 9.99?

Version 3.01 went up today. I imagine there was nothing particularly interesting in it.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Then you'd be paying for it in the end if they've contacted you to arrange collection.

How? Just don't reply to the mail. They can't take funds from your account without permission. And as the article says "Any attempt to demand payment (by threatening means or otherwise) is unlawful.".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'd feel a little bit shi*ty keeping it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd feel a little bit shi*ty keeping it though.

If only there was someway your guilty mind could be distracted! Maybe with an oled screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If he ordered tearaway presumably he'd have a vita anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'm guessing the answer is no, but Im just wondering, Im going to get a vita soon, I bought some games on my ps3 that are also on Vita, Strangers Wrath, and some PS1 games.

Can these be played on the Vita or do I have to purchase them again?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

thorbarry wrote: »
    I'm guessing the answer is no, but Im just wondering, Im going to get a vita soon, I bought some games on my ps3 that are also on Vita, Strangers Wrath, and some PS1 games.

Can these be played on the Vita or do I have to purchase them again?

Cheers

I'm not sure specifically about Stranger's Wrath but there a lot of games that are Cross-Buy, i.e. you buy the PS3 game and you can download the vita version for free.

The PS1 games should be playable also. I've got Resi 2 and 3 and a couple of FFs on my Vita after buying them on my PS3 originally.

Velocity Ultra is Deal #6

I thought there be something a bit more decent than that. Slightly disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'm not sure specifically about Stranger's Wrath but there a lot of games that are Cross-Buy, i.e. you buy the PS3 game and you can download the vita version for free.

The PS1 games should be playable also. I've got Resi 2 and 3 and a couple of FFs on my Vita after buying them on my PS3 originally.

Cheers dude, I was googling but couldn't find anything, I didn't know what to type.

I googled cross buy and have a list now :) Excellent, I have a few PS1 games that id like to play on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Velocity Ultra is Deal #6

I thought there be something a bit more decent than that. Slightly disappointing.

Velocity Ultra is absolutely fantastic and the Vita is the best platform to play it on too (because of the touchscreen teleportation). I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Otacon wrote: »
    Velocity Ultra is absolutely fantastic and the Vita is the best platform to play it on too (because of the touchscreen teleportation). I would highly recommend it to everyone.

It's a good game but considering it's a cheap enough indie and was already on PS Plus (where I got it) it's a slight disappointment in terms of the sale. I was hoping for a couple more big games. I tried the demo of Dead or Alive 5 but considering I already have Street Fighter v Tekken and Mortal Kombat I wasn't too bothered with it. Still, I suppose I've gotten Rayman Legends and Spelunky so it's not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Still 6 deals left so we might get a couple more big games.
    It's a good game but considering it's a cheap enough indie and was already on PS Plus (where I got it) it's a slight disappointment in terms of the sale. I was hoping for a couple more big games. I tried the demo of Dead or Alive 5 but considering I already have Street Fighter v Tekken and Mortal Kombat I wasn't too bothered with it. Still, I suppose I've gotten Rayman Legends and Spelunky so it's not all bad.

I reckon we could see Killzone there which would be great for the community.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm hoping for Dragon's Crown to appear, don't want to fork out 40 quid for it at it's current price. :)

I'm mad I missed out on Spelunky! :(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Dragon's Crown to appear, don't want to fork out 40 quid for it at it's current price. :)

They've said there'll be no discount on Dragon's Crown on the blog but they haven't ruled it out on Persona 4 Golden or Soul Sacrifice so here's hoping one of those is either in the deal or the IGC when it's announced on Friday.

They've said there'll be no discount on Dragon's Crown on the blog but they haven't ruled it out on Persona 4 Golden or Soul Sacrifice so here's hoping one of those is either in the deal or the IGC when it's announced on Friday.

Slightly off topic but have they confirmed the IGC this Friday?

Slightly off topic but have they confirmed the IGC this Friday?

This is everything they been saying on the blog about the IGC
    Hopefully this Friday.
    See above, should be announced on Friday.
    Later this week, keep an eye on the blog
    new content for IGC wil be announced on Friday

This was an interesting exchange. P4G for the IGC?
    Also, can I ask an favour? It would be great to know if Killzone Mercenary will be on sale before Christmas. Please respond if you can, since based on that I have to decide whether to buy P4G or not. My wallet anxiously awaits your response!
    It’s Christmas, I hope you asked for some PSN credit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Developed by the same studio that created the Dynasty Warriors series Tecmo Koei, Toukiden: The Age of Demons casts players in the role of a demon-fighting Slayer. Starting from the Utakata Village headquarters where they will accept quests, players will venture out to battle Oni before they destroy all of humanity. It’s out in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Xenji wrote: »
    Developed by the same studio that created the Dynasty Warriors series Tecmo Koei, Toukiden: The Age of Demons casts players in the role of a demon-fighting Slayer. Starting from the Utakata Village headquarters where they will accept quests, players will venture out to battle Oni before they destroy all of humanity. It’s out in February.

Anyone else sick of "demons"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love it if killzone was one of the 12 days of Xmas deals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement