Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What memory card u getting cloud?? Is the need for bigger cards important like the psn games are they big memory usage??

I'l be going for the 4gb, I'm not big on download games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Ye know those pre-order packs that come with the blue earphones and 5 quid off a PSN title? Did anybody actually get one?

I pre-ordered instore with Gamestop (traded in some stuff and put €101 down on a wifi model), but was told i could have the pack for 20 quid. Not a 20 quid pre-order, but paying 20 quid for it!

Not exactly what i'd call a "bonus" if i'm expected to cough up money for it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Mmmm seems like a mix up in communication or some staff member is trying to con u. I put my 30 euro down at GameStop and got my pre order pack there and then, that 30 euro is then used against the value of my vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Really looking forward to the release, still undecided over what bundle and where though. Just wondering is it going to be possible to record gaming footage from the Vita using a PVR and PS3. Although thats not going to be a deal breaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ye know those pre-order packs that come with the blue earphones and 5 quid off a PSN title? Did anybody actually get one?

I pre-ordered instore with Gamestop (traded in some stuff and put €101 down on a wifi model), but was told i could have the pack for 20 quid. Not a 20 quid pre-order, but paying 20 quid for it!

Not exactly what i'd call a "bonus" if i'm expected to cough up money for it :confused:

I put down 60 with trades for my pre order but I didn't get the pack. Went in yesterday about it and they gave me one no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Mmmm seems like a mix up in communication or some staff member is trying to con u. I put my 30 euro down at GameStop and got my pre order pack there and then, that 30 euro is then used against the value of my vita.
    Is that pre order offer still available?

Thanks for the replies folks, i said that it made zero sense for them to be selling those things and that any preorder bonuses i've ever availed of never, ever worked like that.

Will call in on my trip to town and seek clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thanks for the replies folks, i said that it made zero sense for them to be selling those things and that any preorder bonuses i've ever availed of never, ever worked like that.

Will call in on my trip to town and seek clarification.

You never mention if you did pay it, i hope you didn't as it'll be a pain if the guy denies it.

Varik wrote: »
    You never mention if you did pay it, i hope you didn't as it'll be a pain if the guy denies it.

Haha, god, no i didn't - only want it for the fiver discount off a digital title (Super Stardust Delta shall be mine!).

I sound like a tight arse, but hey, if i'm entitled to it, i might as well have it! :pac:

Damn right the free vita avatar is amazing too :p

• Advertisement

vwuc2d.jpg

Me playing it today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

what games are people thinking of getting for it?

BArra wrote: »

Probably Uncharted, keep it for a week or so to clear it and then trade it for a more 'permanent' game (most likely Wipeout). Want to get Super Stardust Delta too.

Gravity Daze/Rush is top of the list when it comes out for sure, Touch My Katamari and Virtua Tennis 4 (which i've heard is fantastic) will probably get a shout in soon enough too.

FIFA and unchartered for me, then will get escape plan with my fiver off voucher. Unit 13 might be an option also but will wait for the reviews which by the way will start coming our way from the 15th of feb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Going by the posts here, I'm guessing there will be a lot of pre-owned Uncharted within the first two weeks or so!!

That said, I'm still going for Uncharted as well as Rayman Origins, Ninja Gaiden, and if the pricing is close to online prices, probably Lumines and Everybodys Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

BArra wrote: »
    Definitely WipEout 2048 as well as Super Stardust Delta for download. Uncharted...no interest in the series as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

cloud493 wrote: »
    vwuc2d.jpg

Me playing it today :D

I would recognise that hand anywhere!!! Lol now off to all Dublin hmvs to find cloud :D

I would recognise that hand anywhere!!! Lol now off to all Dublin hmvs to find cloud :D

Be my guest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

FIFA looks amazing on the vita. Are many people gonna get it? Would be great to set up a league for us vita owners:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

FIFA looks amazing on the vita. Are many people gonna get it? Would be great to set up a league for us vita owners:)

I am :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Does FIFA 12 support cross play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That 32gb card from PlanetAxel actually works out cheaper than the $100 it costs in America :eek:

anyone interested in 297 euro hmv fredit for 275 euro? have my console payed for in gamestop so need to well wanna sell the hmv voucher now??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

anyone interested in 297 euro hmv fredit for 275 euro? have my console payed for in gamestop so need to well wanna sell the hmv voucher now??

i may be, whats the best offers in hmv though?

i may be, whats the best offers in hmv though?
    270 gets you a wifi and either uncharted or fifa.

320 would get you a 3g with either game again

or 250 for wifi alone

or 300 for 3g alone

270 gets you a wifi and either uncharted or fifa.

320 would get you a 3g with either game again

or 250 for wifi alone

or 300 for 3g alone

seems good only issue is darn hmv is an hour away.. should have money this weekend if so offer 260 cash?

seems good only issue is darn hmv is an hour away.. should have money this weekend if so offer 260 cash?
    nah mate no offers your saving 20 odd euro which is 10 percent of the cost of the system at that either way..

nah mate no offers your saving 20 odd euro which is 10 percent of the cost of the system at that either way..

Was worth a shot :p Will PM you in weekend to let you know anyways.. Do you get the pre order pack with HMV when you pre-order?

• Advertisement

Another one here for FIFA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement