Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the battery personally. Always seems to last ages.

This was the first time I used it so between setting it up, downloading a bunch of games and playing them for a big it probably took half the battery, that was over like 2hrs or so though. Seems to be good otherwise played a chunk of Gravity Rush last night and didnt go down at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I find the battery is fine. Probably get up to 8 hours play/you tube out of it. Keep Bluetooth and Wifi off when you don't need them and keep the brightness down too and it will last for ages. Incidentally I found the 3DS requires more charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lone Survivor is Deal#9

Well worth picking up at half price if you don't have it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just giving Guacomole a go there at lunch time.

Its not particularly easy or am I loosing the plot a bit.

I was expecting a platformer but its as much a puzzle game as a platformer from what I can see so far.

I'm only about an hour and a half in though in fairness so only getting used to the controls etc...

Its interesting though. I'll stick with it for the moment. It has my attention.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Any of you good Vita owning folks folks know where a 32GB vita card might be found?, either online (that could get it here for the 24th) or B&M. Given it is the 18th already "a good price" is way down the list of priorities :D.

They seem to be out of stock everywhere on-line, so I am guessing it is likely the same story for B&M stores? :(

A recommendation for a decent travel case would be a welcome consolation prize.

Ta in advance ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »

Just in time to miss all the free games from the looks of it. Ah well…

Pixeljunk Monsters HD is Deal#10

Picked it up €4.49. Persona 4 is most likely going to be Deal#12. Would have been nice to have a couple of the bigger games in the sale but I suppose it's helped out my wallet for the festive season.

Just in time to miss all the free games from the looks of it. Ah well…

Rymdkapsel and Super Crate Box are worth paying money for IMO. Wasted hours on those games alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Got my vita ready to be opened for Christmas :) I have tearaway and Persona 4 ready to go.

What other games can people recommend? I'm not really interested in games that i can play on my ps3 (hotline miami etc..). If they are cross platform id much rather be playing it on the big telly unless there is an advantage to playing it on the vita. So any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Would people highly recommend a ps vita? Getting a ps4 for christmas and my gf saw the remote play thing from ps4 to vita. She now wants to get me one for chritsmas. I have never had a mobile gaming device and wasn't sure if it's worth it for me?

thorbarry wrote: »
    Got my vita ready to be opened for Christmas :) I have tearaway and Persona 4 ready to go.

What other games can people recommend? I'm not really interested in games that i can play on my ps3 (hotline miami etc..). If they are cross platform id much rather be playing it on the big telly unless there is an advantage to playing it on the vita. So any recommendations?

I know you mentioned HM, but I actually found the touchscreen mighty useful in that game.

If you just want Vita games, the PS Mobile suggestions above are well worth it, as well as Gravity Rush, LBP Vita, Wipeout 2048, Virtue's Last Reward and Killzone: Mercenary.
    rafi bomb wrote: »
    Would people highly recommend a ps vita? Getting a ps4 for christmas and my gf saw the remote play thing from ps4 to vita. She now wants to get me one for chritsmas. I have never had a mobile gaming device and wasn't sure if it's worth it for me?

trap.jpg

She just wants to stop you hogging the TV!

Honestly, it is a fantastic system in its own right with some really good games. The remote play is also well implemented.

Haha we don't live together so it ain't a trap. Do the ps plus games be good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Next deal please be persona :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

im still hoping for Killzone but I reckon there will only be one more 'BIG' game in the next 2 deals.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    im still hoping for Killzone but I reckon there will only be one more 'BIG' game in the next 2 deals.

I reckon Killzone and Persona are the last two. If Killzone isn't part of the deal it'll be on sale straight after Christmas. It hasn't been dismissed out of hand like Injustice and Batman were.

Do the ps plus games be good?

If you joined PS+ this month, you would get Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, the PSP GTA game Liberty City Stories and Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed. Next month you would get Soul Sacrifice and Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend.

All good to great games - and that is just two months out of the twelve.

If you joined PS+ this month, you would get Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, the PSP GTA game Liberty City Stories and Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed. Next month you would get Soul Sacrifice and Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend.

My word that is good! You wouldn't even have to buy games if you didn't want too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

My word that is good! You wouldn't even have to buy games if you didn't want too

^^^this^^^ haven't bought a ps3 or vita game for ages now because of ps plus (except for skylanders & Disney infinity for the kids)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's the bundle alright, got mine in store, same price. Preferred the above bundle to the sports one too, mainly because I wanted Tearaway and LBP comes as a one of the free download games. The only sports game that interested me was the golf so just bought that for a tenner off psn.

If anyone got this bundle did tearaway come in a separate packet or all in the one box? My gf bought one today but only got one box. Im afraid she has been ripped off or left short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Jaysis that is good. I won't be opening my vita till Christmas day. If I sign up for PS plus today, can I get gravity rush and uncharted on the 25th? I seen that new games get added on the 24th so I'd hate to miss the current games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Jaysis that is good. I won't be opening my vita till Christmas day. If I sign up for PS plus today, can I get gravity rush and uncharted on the 25th? I seen that new games get added on the 24th so I'd hate to miss the current games

Yes, Gravity Rush and Uncharted are annual games and will change when their year is up.
    The other games are monthly, they will be replaced by next months games.

EDIT:
    If you sign up for PS+ today, you can "purchase"(no need to download) all available games before they expire and then "purchase" the next set of games when they are available.

Also, "purchase" all the PS3 and PS4 stuff too, just in case you end up getting either console in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Killzone Mercenary (PS VITA)
    Was €34.99/AU$47.95/£29.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

12 deals of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah all you have to do is add the games to the cart that counts as buying them, ages and ages ago Red Dead was free and I still had it as being able to down load it for free on my download list months later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally got my paws on killzone,was given a voucher for gamestop as an xmas gift,so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 luckyluke87

Hi, anybody knows where is the best bundle for ps vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi, anybody knows where is the best bundle for ps vita?

Smyths have a Disney 6 game bundle with 16gb card for 169.

GameStop have a better selection with their tearaway game plus 10 downloads bundle but it is 199. Includes 16gb card also.

Finally got my paws on killzone,was given a voucher for gamestop as an xmas gift,so happy days :)

Is it worth it ? €20 in GameStop but €17 on ps+. Sitting on the fence wondering about this, walking dead or tearaway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is it worth it ? €20 in GameStop but €17 on ps+. Sitting on the fence wondering about this, walking dead or tearaway.

wtf I payed 40 in gs :eek::mad:

• Advertisement

wtf I payed 40 in gs :eek::mad:

Just checked ps+ as you have doubting myself. €17.99 kill zone mercenary.

GameStop €40 on website new and €30 used but I definitely saw it in Newbridge today for €20 (likely used but did'nt really notice).

So is it any good and worth €17.99 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement