Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Xenji wrote: »
    For those out there that have finished Persona 4, how long did it take you?

Took me at least 80 and I didn't even get the true ending :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jaffusmax wrote: »
    The last JPRG I played was FF7 and gave them up after my memory card wiped on the last boss! Swore I'd never pump so much time into a game again here I am 16 years later pumping ever spare minute into Persona 4 and have pre ordered FF X HD

If you are getting back in the auld JPRG saddle, you have 3 great games coming out for the PS3 in March with, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Dark Souls II and The Witch and the Hundred Knight ( that could be hit or miss though )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    If you are getting back in the auld JPRG saddle, you have 3 great games coming out for the PS3 in March with, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Dark Souls II and The Witch and the Hundred Knight ( that could be hit or miss though )

It was more those turned based rpg I had not played in years but yeah Dark Souls 2 is the game I am most looking foward to this year! Played DS1 to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

http://http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=6974

Approx 80 hours!!!!!

I'm 13 hours in while trying to play my ps4! If the Mrs sees me she will think I'm a burglar I've been AWOL for a month!

From my time with Persona 4 on PS2, I know where everything is and what to do bar the additions made to P4G. Ive still clocked 68 hours on my current playthrough and I've still got 3 and a half months of story left.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

In Persona are the battles mostly in dungeons? I much prefer the social part/story than the turn based fights. I haven't played a turned based rpg in forever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

krudler wrote: »
    In Persona are the battles mostly in dungeons? I much prefer the social part/story than the turn based fights. I haven't played a turned based rpg in forever.

All the battles are in dungeons. I preferred the story/social part too but the battles grew on me over time.

Before Persona 4, I hadn't played a turn based rpg game since FF X on the PS2 so it took me a while to get into that aspect. Went on to play Persona 3 which is also a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Anyone fancy helping me earn an achievement or two for unit 13 and Motorstorm rc? Just looking for someone to add on my friends list so I can beat their high scores on tracks/missions for the online trophies.
    If you only have rubbish times/scores, that'd be a help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Keep an eye out for some good memory card deals. I saw cheap 16GB and 32GB cards in Smyths (look in the back they are never out in front of house...)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

gflood wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for some good memory card deals. I saw cheap 16GB and 32GB cards in Smyths (look in the back they are never out in front of house...)

How cheap for the 32GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Anyone fancy helping me earn an achievement or two for unit 13 and Motorstorm rc? Just looking for someone to add on my friends list so I can beat their high scores on tracks/missions for the online trophies.
    If you only have rubbish times/scores, that'd be a help!

Feel free to add me. I don't have great times in either game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I got a VITA for Christmas, its an impressive little console. I didn't expect it to be as slick as what it is. I like how you can press the PS button, move out of a game, change some settings, then move back in, unlike the ps3.

Tearaway is fantastic, a great game to play over the Christmas break :)

I am going to start persona 4 soon, looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

So its €170 the best deal going then?

thorbarry wrote: »
    I got a VITA for Christmas, its an impressive little console. I didn't expect it to be as slick as what it is. I like how you can press the PS button, move out of a game, change some settings, then move back in, unlike the ps3.

Welcome abroad! The vita has a bright future once we all keep supporting it! My vita fills those boring times during the day that I can't get stuck into the ps4/3 and lying in bed to chill out!

thorbarry wrote: »

The interface is lovely alright, very snappy. and Tearaway is brilliant, it's just simple fun and pretty funny in places.

Welcome abroad! The vita has a bright future once we all keep supporting it! My vita fills those boring times during the day that I can't get stuck into the ps4/3 and lying in bed to chill out!

Ha ha, yea big time, nice for lounging about and playing.

The screen is fantastic, and with a decent pair of headphones the sounds is great. Enough to totally suck you in :)

I kept putting off the vita as I figured since I drive myself most places and rarely travel aside from a couple of times a year I wouldn't get the use out of it but lying in bed at night on headphones is where it excels.

I kept putting off the vita as I figured since I drive myself most places and rarely travel aside from a couple of times a year I wouldn't get the use out of it but lying in bed at night on headphones is where it excels.

My routine in going to bed, ask mrs is she up for it, she answers "no" then Vita ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Spelunky really is some addictive game. Bloody love it.

Sine Mora is good fun, only have the trial shoulda got it when it was on sale, nice looking too.

are any of the fighting games good? MVC3 and SF X Tekken are both cheap enough on psn now, they'd probably be good to have a bash on for a few mins.

Anyone recommend a good case or protector for it? was thinking of just getting the travel kit, not too fussed about a screen protector as they look horrid but even a rubber case to go around the console itself like a bumper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone recommend a good case or protector for it? was thinking of just getting the travel kit, not too fussed about a screen protector as they look horrid but even a rubber case to go around the console itself like a bumper?

I was just checking this out myself . Starter kit looks to be just a pouch for£22. Travel kit is soft pouch but zipped for £22. I saw a 4gamers branded one on Amazon for £6 but it is out of stock. The kids have good hard case ones for their DS's and I would like something similar.

Went into GameStop and xtravision today and they were sold out here. Travel kit retails at €30. Note prices above are sterling plus shipping so not much difference between online and shop.

Just need a zipped case with padding and no need for other stuff.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I was just checking this out myself . Starter kit looks to be just a pouch for£22. Travel kit is soft pouch but zipped for £22. I saw a 4gamers branded one on Amazon for £6 but it is out of stock. The kids have good hard case ones for their DS's and I would like something similar.

Went into GameStop and xtravision today and they were sold out here. Travel kit retails at €30. Note prices above are sterling plus shipping so not much difference between online and shop.

Just need a zipped case with padding and no need for other stuff.

If you don't mind waiting a couple if weeks deal extreme usually have some good stuff. Generally cheep with free delivery

http://dx.com/c/video-games-699/sony-psp-ps-vita-603/cases-pouches-625

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Anybody gone for one of the 64gb Memory Cards on ebay? Are they legit/ok? Amazon are taking forever to get the 32gb in stock. I have loads of games but can't play half of them because I only have an 8gb card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Julez wrote: »
    Anybody gone for one of the 64gb Memory Cards on ebay? Are they legit/ok? Amazon are taking forever to get the 32gb in stock. I have loads of games but can't play half of them because I only have an 8gb card.
    You could always get it from Play-Asia. I'd trust them more than eBay. Slightly cheaper too.

€85 for 64GB is still seems crazy to me though. Stupid proprietary Sony.

You could always get it from Play-Asia. I'd trust them more than eBay. Slightly cheaper too.

It's the one thing about the vita I don't like, why couldn't they just use standard SD cards, booo Sony and your makey uppy don't work on other devices memory things. It'd be worth keeping an eye for any sales on those 10 game packs since they come with 16GB cards now and the card is empty when you get it.

Yesasia is cheaper again, you can get it for around 70 quid with a discount code.

Yesasia is cheaper again, you can get it for around 70 quid with a discount code.

It says Japan Version... is that OK? Have you used yes asia before? Whats the discount code? Thanks

Yup, they're muti-region.

I've never used them but there's a thread on hukd about them, and they're legit.

I used NEWTWITTER3 to get $3 off the first order.

Yup, they're muti-region.

I've never used them but there's a thread on hukd about them, and they're legit.

I used NEWTWITTER3 to get $3 off the first order.

Thanks ordered one there, appreciate the info and coupon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

It's the one thing about the vita I don't like, why couldn't they just use standard SD cards, booo Sony and your makey uppy don't work on other devices memory things. It'd be worth keeping an eye for any sales on those 10 game packs since they come with 16GB cards now and the card is empty when you get it.

I know, they did the same **** with Memory Sticks for the PSP. They could have at least stuck with Memory Sticks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement