Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Any good deals going on the PS Vita console? looking to pick one up just wondering is there anybody else that sells them other than smyths/gamestop/hmv/extra-vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

Hi guys i got foosball bundle from AppStore 2,99€ its foosball + dlc but when im downloading it and try to install getting error, i was contact support by email but after two days got email with request to Call them coz for Security reason they can talk by email lol. Im Call 30min on phone Nice lady told me im got dlc only but there in description is Game plus dlc, she say bla bla sorry cant do nothing. Im ask to talk with superviser she ask me to try download Game again when back home No luck Anyway , they dont like to help me out at all. Any advice guys? Im know its only 3€ but common. Can someone check this bundle in store ? Maybe im really wrong about it, but check description

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Played killzone for the first time since xmas eve,on mission 4,I can't get over how good it is :-D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Played killzone for the first time since xmas eve,on mission 4,I can't get over how good it is :-D

I'm 3 chapters in so far, and I can't believe how sh*t it is. And I loved all the previous ones. Chapter 3 is like I walked straight into Dead Space. If I get my hands on that f*&^ing OWL I won't be responsible.......So disappointed after waiting so long for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

whiterebel wrote: »
    I'm 3 chapters in so far, and I can't believe how sh*t it is. And I loved all the previous ones. Chapter 3 is like I walked straight into Dead Space. If I get my hands on that f*&^ing OWL I won't be responsible.......So disappointed after waiting so long for it.

I think you may be talking about different Killzones, Mercenary and Shadowfall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I think you may be talking about different Killzones, Mercenary and Shadowfall.

Yes, my apologies, all these Killzones. Mercenary was very good, probably adding to the disappointment of Shadow Fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Couple of free PlayStation Mobile games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Couple of free PlayStation Mobile games

Rock Bosher is brilliant. I love the Spectrum loading screen on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Rock Bosher is brilliant. I love the Spectrum loading screen on it.

Just made me remember when I had a spectrum zx and would save to buy a 5 Punt game of same quality :)

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Just made me remember when I had a spectrum zx and would save to buy a 5 Punt game of same quality :)

It's crazy to think it's 30 years ago since we got the 48K as a Christmas present. I downloaded Rock Boshers last night and my daughter was beside me while I opened it. I turned to her as it done the whole modem squealing and flashing 8 bit screen and explained to her that's how games loaded and that's how they looked when I was younger. She looked at the screen and then looked at me with an expression that said 'Were they seriously that sh¡t looking?!?!'

'Why are the zombies yellow?…'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

It's crazy to think it's 30 years ago since we got the 48K as a Christmas present. I downloaded Rock Boshers last night and my daughter was beside me while I opened it. I turned to her as it done the whole modem squealing and flashing 8 bit screen and explained to her that's how games loaded and that's how they looked when I was younger. She looked at the screen and then looked at me with an expression that said 'Were they seriously that sh¡t looking?!?!'

'Why are the zombies yellow?…'

LOL may have been ****e looking but we still spent hours playing them! My first ever gaming machine was an Atari 2600 then a Dragon 32 followed by the Spectrum ZX which has given me my happiest memories as a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Unity 4.3 adding PS Vita support
    Cross-platform development software Unity version 4.3 will add support for Sony's PlayStation Vita handheld, according to a post on the Unity blog.

Licensed developers can use the Unity engine to create PS Vita games with support for the handheld's cameras, dual analog sticks, motions sensors and rear touchpad. Unity's PS Vita support also integrates PlayStation Network features, like friends, matchmaking and trophies.

This should hopefully lead to even more titles making their way to the system - which may in turn lead to additional filler titles but should also mean we get some more gems onto the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finished Guacamelee today, cracking little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Controversial statement coming....

I think gaucamelee is an overrated game.

...awaits abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

...awaits abuse

I played it on the Vita and find myself grinning madly as I play it. I like the humour in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

...awaits abuse

Murphy another game that you dont like but you do like some really bad games

I found gaucamelee to be one of the best games i played last year. I did not put it down for 2 days as i was so in love with everything about it the jokes, the gameplay and the style of the game.

If i am not mistaking it was made by the same crown who made space mu blobs another great vita game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

...awaits abuse

tumblr_lnmllxSbhk1qd5r7to1_500.gif

Murphy another game that you dont like but you do like some really bad games

I found gaucamelee to be one of the best games i played last year. I did not put it down for 2 days as i was so in love with everything about it the jokes, the gameplay and the style of the game.

If i am not mistaking it was made by the same crown who made space mu blobs another great vita game

Glad you liked it samapple. Good for you.

Anyway on a positive Vita note I'm currently playing through Tearaway which is most definately not overrated. Some fantastic gameplay. Looks beautiful, really innovative and thoroughly enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tearaway is great, one of the best reasons to own a vita. the touchpad and camera usage is brilliant in it.

I got stuck at one of those points in Guacamelee where you have to keep switching between the spirit world and the real world to get the various platforms and decided to take a break before I started stomping on my vita. I have started a course of transcendental meditation to relieve the stress and I'll return to it when I have found inner peace.

• Advertisement

My controversial opinion is after playing about 20 hours of Persona, another 60 hours of it isn't really as appealing to me as I thought it would be. I'll probably persevere but I guess I'm realizing that either RPGs or being a teenager (even in game form) again isn't really my buzz.

The plus games for February seem to be leaked already. Dynasty Warriors and Modnation Racers. Don't have any experience of the former but the latter is pretty crappy.

My controversial opinion is after playing about 20 hours of Persona, another 60 hours of it isn't really as appealing to me as I thought it would be. I'll probably persevere but I guess I'm realizing that either RPGs or being a teenager (even in game form) again isn't really my buzz.

The plus games for February seem to be leaked already. Dynasty Warriors and Modnation Racers. Don't have any experience of the former but the latter is pretty crappy.

I've heard great things about Persona alright. Kinda hoping it'll go on to plus for free tbh though. I'm in no rush to play it.

As for dynasty warriors, kinda marmite games. Not for me personally. I'll give it a bash for a few hours I'd say and that'll be that.

I agree on the modnation racers. Mediocre in my opinion.

I'll wait for mario kart on the wii u for my kart racing pleasures.

Sonic racing transformed was good craic although personally I'd rather if they hadnt transformed. Both the boat and plane sections felt slowed down to me from the kart which took away from the fast and fun karting experience. On top of that I found that with the plane sections I was constantly looking for the next gate to make sure I was going the right direction. And more over friends and family hated the plane sections for this reason. I can see where they're coming from. Not very beginner friendly. Still a good solid kart game overall though.

Bring back diddy kong racing is what I say. I spent stupid hours with that game on the N64 back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Finished Guacamelee today, cracking little game.

I got right up to the last world, then just stopped playing it for some reason. Need to get back on that.

...awaits abuse

I disagree but respect your opinion!...... jerk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone played Mortal Kombat on the vita? its cheap enough most places and looks like a laugh, be perfect to have a bash on for a few minutes at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

I'm gonna hold out for Final Fantasy X and X-2, have fond memories playing them on the PS2, great story and characters. One of the better RPG series imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

bombs away wrote: »
    I'm gonna hold out for Final Fantasy X and X-2, have fond memories playing them on the PS2, great story and characters. One of the better RPG series imo :D

I would put Persona 4 (and 3) above any of the Final Fantasy games. I'd put them above any game full stop personally! At the very least I'd say they're the best JRPGs I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

krudler wrote: »
    Anyone played Mortal Kombat on the vita? its cheap enough most places and looks like a laugh, be perfect to have a bash on for a few minutes at a time

I played it when it came out on PS+ and finished the campaign even though I've no interest in fighters.

Thought it was decent although the last few fights in the campaign are just ridiculous especially the last one.. Man that was tough.

tok9 wrote: »
    I played it when it came out on PS+ and finished the campaign even though I've no interest in fighters.

Thought it was decent although the last few fights in the campaign are just ridiculous especially the last one.. Man that was tough.

Pretty much the same opinion here. I know it's generally not considered that great but I enjoyed doing the whole story/campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

krudler wrote: »

When it came out on plus I was playing it for ages. The challenge tower is a pain in the arse to beat. Enjoyed the game though

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    When it came out on plus I was playing it for ages. The challenge tower is a pain in the arse to beat. Enjoyed the game though

If I want to play a fighting game on a handheld I'll pick up my Neo Geo Pocket Colour and play SNK v Capcom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSFUL7Sf9q4

Apart from the solid gameplay the control stick on the NGPC makes it a joy to control.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement