Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Vita bundle back in stock online with gamestop for €169.99. Took plunge so looking forward to that arriving next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just finished Tearaway. Seriously good game. Really shows off the Vita for great bit of hardware that it is. Thoroughly enjoyable and innovative. Makes you wonder why more developers can't see the vitas potential.

Anyone who owns a Vita owes it to themselves to play this game. Anyone who doesn't own a Vita you now have a reason to go and purchase one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

What are people's top 5 vita games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

1: Persona 4: Golden
    2: Tearaway
    3: Wipeout
    4: Hotline Miami (not an exclusive Vita game, but it works perfectly well with the machine)
    5: Rayman Origins/Lumines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No unchartered O_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

No unchartered O_O

It's just not better than the ones I listed imo.

P4G was always going to be number 1 regardless of however many games I play on the Vita. The PS2 original is my favourite game of all time. And Atlus went and made it better. I just can't resist its charms.

I absolutely adore Tearaway. It is the game that brings the best out of the Vita.

I'm a big Wipeout fan and thought PS4 missed a step not having a game from the franchise for launch. Cracking racer and stunning visuals.

Hotline Miami is simplistic in its gameplay, but that is one of its best characteristics. The music sets the mood while the game allows you to beat the crap out of people. Gratuitous violence at its best.

Rayman Origins is one of the best platformers I've played since I first stumbled upon Rachet and Clank all those years ago. Beautiful to look at and excellent colour palate. Lumines then, is simply addictive. Once I start playing, I have to either force myself away from the Vita or wait until the battery dies.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    1: Persona 4: Golden
    2: Tearaway
    3: Wipeout
    4: Hotline Miami (not an exclusive Vita game, but it works perfectly well with the machine)
    5: Rayman Origins/Lumines

I'd have little big planet vita on there.

I think the touch elements really brought the best out of that franchise. Like it was meant to be that way all along. Brilliant game.

Someone mentioned uncharted. Whilst its not a bad game there's just nothing particularly innovative or brilliant about it. It looks nice and for the most part plays nice but it annoys me how tacked on the touch controls were as apposed to say Tearaway or LBP where it more feels like they fit the game around the controls if you know what I mean. As I say not a bad game just not a top 5 game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

1. Persona 4 Golden
    2. Rayman Origins
    3. Little Big Planet
    4. Soul Sacrifice
    5. Need For Speed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Everyone saying Origins... ye need to play Legends!

Games that haven't been mentioned yet but could be in a top 5 imo are Gravity Rush, Gaucamelee and Spelunky. Definitely Spelunky.

Oh Virtue's Last Reward is another.

Give me more time and I bet I'd have a lot more too!

forgot about gravity rush but yes that is definately a top 5 game.

i played rayman legends on the wii u and thought it was amazing. I only played the origins levels in legends. Seem similar to me but reviews eohld suggest that legends is a more polished version of origins. Ie if you had to pick on it would be legends.

• Advertisement

Oh absolutely.. not only is it a great game but it also contains the majority of levels from Origins so it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

1 Persona 4
    2 Rayman Legends
    3 Miami Hotline
    4 Unchartered/Killzone
    5 Gravity Rush

I have not played Soul Sacrifice or Spelunky but they would be my type of games.

Well Soul Sacrifice is free on PS+

I generally play when I get a seat on the tube. Handy for a quick game of something. Seems to be a lot of grinding involved in it. Certainly not the game I was expecting when I initially saw it.

Spelunky is just pure addiction and again.. great for short bursts. Not sure if it's still on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

Tesco sale vita games! Today got reality fighters everybody golf and mod nation 5€ each;-) plus got vita starter pack 5€

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Tesco sale vita games! Today got reality fighters everybody golf and mod nation 5€ each;-) plus got vita starter pack 5€

Online or in store ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Damien360 wrote: »
    Online or in store ?

Instore for all consoles. The store near me doesn't sell Vita games but I got a load of PS3 games for a fiver and I picked up Final Fantasy XIII-2 for a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

Yep in store

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

of what I have:

Tearaway
    Rayman Legends
    Gravity Rush
    Persona 4 Golden
    Soul Sacrifice

everyone with a vita sohuld get Rayman Legends, its the best platforming game in years. Looks great, plays like a dream, has touch controls that work right, is really funny and the musical levels are absolutely brilliant

krudler wrote: »

everyone with a vita sohuld get Rayman Legends, its the best platforming game in years. Looks great, plays like a dream, has touch controls that work right, is really funny and the musical levels are absolutely brilliant

Castle rock is by far and away the best music level.
    It's the right type of song and not too hard or frustrating which the game gets later on.

Make no mistake though Legends is one of the best 2D platform games ever made. It's pretty much flawless in every way.

Make no mistake though Legends is one of the best 2D platform games ever made. It's pretty much flawless in every way.

Tbf, the Murfy levels are a bit gick.

• Advertisement

I played a lot of them (on Wii U) with the wife weirdly enough. She wasn't a big fan on the platforming but love the murfy bits.

I played a few of them single player and yeah I see where your comin from they weren't great.

Tbf though you got to remember originally the game was meant to be a Wii U exclusive so was built for people like me who have a second person to play through with the touch screen.

Some are annoying I do like the parts where you rotate the vita to move the level though. I normally hate that kind of stuff but it works so well and it's easy to do. I actually like the underwater levels as well which are usually platform game hell.

krudler wrote: »
    Some are annoying I do like the parts where you rotate the vita to move the level though. I normally hate that kind of stuff but it works so well and it's easy to do. I actually like the underwater levels as well which are usually platform game hell.

The rotating levels always make me look like I have special needs - grunting and moaning while twirling the vita around and getting more and more frustrated…

But in the grand scheme of things it is only a small quibble and Legends would be in my top five. Along with probably Hotline Miami, Lone Survivor, Metal Gear Solid and The Walking Dead.

Honourable mentions for Gravity Rush, Need for Speed, Sound Shapes, Killzone, Limbo and a host of others.

anyone get BlazBlue? lord it's mental

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

since getting PS4 vita games are a thing of the past for me now, AC4 on remote play take up all my time it so good on Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was it my imagination or was the Vita version of the Jak collection a single downloadable and trophy list only, it seems to be 3 separate games/trophy list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Can someone on here recommend me a good protector for the rear touch pad? I took a look at the back of my Vita last night and It's not a pretty sight LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

nocoverart wrote: »
    Can someone on here recommend me a good protector for the rear touch pad? I took a look at the back of my Vita last night and It's not a pretty sight LOL.

I just use the front/rear film screen protector and then an aluminium hard case. It's all a nice snug ,well protected fit. It cost me about €10 for the case and 10 screen protector's from eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

since getting PS4 vita games are a thing of the past for me now, AC4 on remote play take up all my time it so good on Vita

is this similar to the wii u gamepad setup in that you can play your wii u
    (ps4) game through the vita on the couch whilst the missus watches Greys anatomy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sweetie wrote: »
    is this similar to the wii u gamepad setup in that you can play your wii u
    (ps4) game through the vita on the couch whilst the missus watches Greys anatomy?

Exactly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement