Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Borderlands 2 has been confirmed for the 18th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

tok9 wrote: »

2k have just tweeted that it was a mistake and that date is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    2k have just tweeted that it was a mistake and that date is incorrect.

argh.gif

Ah well that's a load of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I really hope you can carry over saves from PS3, I also wish they would confirm this soon so that I can decide whether to start it on PS3 (PS+) or continue on my 360 (Not very far into it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Vita arrived today, gonna take some time to get used to it. Never realised uncharted: golden abyss was free on ps+, trying to download that now.

Have code for the ten games that come in bundle, guess LBP will be first to try

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Vita arrived today, gonna take some time to get used to it. Never realised uncharted: golden abyss was free on ps+, trying to download that now.

Have code for the ten games that come in bundle, guess LBP will be first to try

Uncharted isn't all that good tbh, the touch controls are a pain in the ass and from the 5-6 levels of it I played there's not many memorable parts to it, it's literally climb walls, shoot enemies, into new area, rinse and repeat. Doesn't have the setpieces like the PS3 games. It is a little technical marvel though and looks excellent. Can't complain when it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

krudler wrote: »
    Uncharted isn't all that good tbh, the touch controls are a pain in the ass and from the 5-6 levels of it I played there's not many memorable parts to it, it's literally climb walls, shoot enemies, into new area, rinse and repeat. Doesn't have the setpieces like the PS3 games. It is a little technical marvel though and looks excellent. Can't complain when it's free.

I am one of the few - went in not expecting too much, having thoughts of the PSP forefront in my mind but I can happily say I was very happy with it. Thought it was a good game and I found it very enjoyable. Would be definitely in my top 10, Tearaway is another good game, very short but uses quite a lot of the vita features - should really do a replay of that at some point.

Ya I have to say I don't get the dislike for Uncharted. A much better game than the 1st Uncharted played well and looked gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I loved uncharted, was really impressed with what they could bring to a handheld. The touch controls are a little annoying but rarely intrusive. I found it difficult to aim with the nubs but it didn't hinder the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

In the interest of balance I have to agree with Krudler I finished Uncharted and I found it average at best.

Dont get me wrong I didnt mind playing through it as it as free on ps plus but it wasnt all it gets made out to be.

Personally I think theres better looking games (wipeout and the beautiful cell shaded Gravity Rush come to mind) but there but theres no denying its nice to look at.

Gameplay wise yeah its all a bit meh really. You know what your getting with an uncharted game I suppose. It does nothing to surprise or shock which you can take as good or bad.

The touch controls are completely tacked on which bugs me. For tips on how touch control should work see LBP and Tearaway.

In the interest of balance I have to agree with Krudler I finished Uncharted and I found it average at best.

Dont get me wrong I didnt mind playing through it as it as free on ps plus but it wasnt all it gets made out to be.

Personally I think theres better looking games (wipeout and the beautiful cell shaded Gravity Rush come to mind) but there but theres no denying its nice to look at.

Gameplay wise yeah its all a bit meh really. You know what your getting with an uncharted game I suppose. It does nothing to surprise or shock which you can take as good or bad.

The touch controls are completely tacked on which bugs me. For tips on how touch control should work see LBP and Tearaway.

I dont mind the touch controls being used to do chalk rubbings or clean artefacts, it's the combat ones are annoying, can I not just punch people with the buttons? It's the lack of setpieces that did it for me, every area looks the same, oh look another jungle camp place with 5 of the same guys I have to kill to move onto the next 5. I got to chapter 6 and couldnt be arsed continuing tbh, went back to Persona 4

OlliOlli is out on the store now for vita at €10, looks good and has been getting some good reviews. There is also a Final Fantasy sale on too for those who are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    OlliOlli is out on the store now for vita at €10, looks good and has been getting some good reviews. There is also a Final Fantasy sale on too for those who are interested

8 euro if you've Plus...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I dont mind the touch controls being used to do chalk rubbings or clean artefacts, it's the combat ones are annoying, can I not just punch people with the buttons? It's the lack of setpieces that did it for me, every area looks the same, oh look another jungle camp place with 5 of the same guys I have to kill to move onto the next 5. I got to chapter 6 and couldnt be arsed continuing tbh, went back to Persona 4
    In fairness, it was a launch title, and they were seeing what'd work with the new controls. They did something similar in Uncharted 1 with the Sixaxis. I think you can disable most of the touch and gyro stuff (I did with the gyro aiming at least). Still a fairly boring game however. It's certainly the weakest Uncharted. I still felt compelled to finish it for some reason, even though I'm not a huge Uncharted fan :o

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Did anyone end up getting OlliOlli? I've played an hour or two of it so far and god is it addictive. The controls are a bit bizarre/awkward at first but once I got used to them I've been skating like a pro :D

Animo wrote: »
    Did anyone end up getting OlliOlli? I've played an hour or two of it so far and god is it addictive. The controls are a bit bizarre/awkward at first but once I got used to them I've been skating like a pro :D

Video game opiate. INTO MY VEINS!... through my thumbs.

Will be writing a review over the next week for it, but yeah, it is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

I'd rather the OLED screen tbh, seen comparison videos on youtube of the LCD one the slim uses and the colours look very washed out. Only thing I don't like about OLED is the amount of black spots on the screen when playing it in darkness but it's a common occurence with them. I really wish you could get the Vita in white here though it's really nice.

peteeeed wrote: »
    I'd rather the OLED screen tbh, seen comparison videos on youtube of the LCD one the slim uses and the colours look very washed out. Only thing I don't like about OLED is the amount of black spots on the screen when playing it in darkness but it's a common occurence with them. I really wish you could get the Vita in white here though it's really nice.

Personally, I am happy with my OLED model but I do like the other improvements on the new Vita - like the micro-USB port for charging and data transfer, the larger dead areas at the back for your fingers and the better Start, Select and PS buttons.

The best device would be a new Vita, with an OLED screen and 4G connectivity.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »

Now that would be pretty amazing especially after I've seen the speeds 4G delivers.

Won't happen though unless the Vita starts selling extremely well.

Otacon wrote: »
    Personally, I am happy with my OLED model but I do like the other improvements on the new Vita - like the micro-USB port for charging and data transfer, the larger dead areas at the back for your fingers and the better Start, Select and PS buttons.

Slim vita, white, with OLED, 4G, micro usb and SD card support instead of Sony's stupid proprietary memory. Shut up, take my money.

On a side note, I can't be the only person who doesn't like the PS button glowing blue constantly on the Vita? really wish you could turn it off or it went off if after a while, it's really distracting.

Slim vita, white, with OLED, 4G, micro usb and SD card support instead of Sony's stupid proprietary memory. Shut up, take my money.

On a side note, I can't be the only person who doesn't like the PS button glowing blue constantly on the Vita? really wish you could turn it off or it went off if after a while, it's really distracting.

I thought it does go off... I think the only time it's on for me is when it has some form of update and the system is in standby

I thought it does go off... I think the only time it's on for me is when it has some form of update and the system is in standby

Really? mine stays on constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone hear about this Toukiden - The Age of Demons?

200px-TKD_EU_Cover.png

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Toukiden:_The_Age_of_Demons

Monster Hunter esque with elements of Ninja Gaiden. Out in 3 weeks.

Really? mine stays on constantly

I always leave my on standby. Rarely turn it off. Only to change memory card.

penev10 wrote: »
    Anyone hear about this Toukiden - The Age of Demons?

200px-TKD_EU_Cover.png

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Toukiden:_The_Age_of_Demons

Monster Hunter esque with elements of Ninja Gaiden. Out in 3 weeks.

Didn't realise it was so close to release. I saw previews of it ages ago and said at that point I'd buy it if it got decent reviews as it looks interesting but my backlog at the moment is just stupid.

Still, it'll be tempting if it gets good reviews alright.

Did some digging online and the button used to only glow blue for updates/notifications etc but a software update somewhere along the way leaves it on at all times now. If I just lock the screen it goes off after a few seconds so that's grand now I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

The vita is going to make me a poor man this month.I have just gone crazy on final fantasy sales and a pre order on final fantasy 10. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to pre order ff x on vita through the psn store?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement