Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is it possible to pre order ff x on vita through the psn store?

Did a search on the store and could only find the PS3 version (and not a pre-order page either). I assume edgecutter is talking about a pre-order in a brick-n-mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I saw the pre order price with cdwow but not sure if i trust them too much with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I saw the pre order price with cdwow but not sure if i trust them too much with delivery.
    Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Really wish you could back up individual games on the PS3/4 like you can on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just bought FF7 from PSN for my vita, I still had my PS1 game disc but when I put it on the tv at home it was so blocky I felt my eyes hurting, the Vita screen is a great size to play it at! Can't wait to properly get into it after exams :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The game of the year awards are open for Vita lads! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

Otacon wrote: »
    Video game opiate. INTO MY VEINS!... through my thumbs.

Will be writing a review over the next week for it, but yeah, it is very good.

As promised, a review of OlliOlli.

For the lazy who don't like following links, it is really good and worth your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just powered on my Vita for the first time since Christmas and the d pad is malfunctioning, no idea how to stop it am moments away from smashing my vita, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just powered on my Vita for the first time since Christmas and the d pad is malfunctioning, no idea how to stop it am moments away from smashing my vita, any ideas?

Do it.

I assume you have tried the usual 'turn it off and on again' thing? Fixes any issues I ever get with the device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I assume you have tried the usual 'turn it off and on again' thing? Fixes any issues I ever get with the device.

Yeah, have tried to clean under the d pad too, it is the up or down buttons that are ****ed, think I will wait for a new vita slim rather than do anything with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

penev10 wrote: »
    Anyone hear about this Toukiden - The Age of Demons?

200px-TKD_EU_Cover.png

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Toukiden:_The_Age_of_Demons

Monster Hunter esque with elements of Ninja Gaiden. Out in 3 weeks.

Demo of this being released today - first 10 hours of the game. And your save data will carry over to the full game out on February 14th.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/01/29/toukiden-the-age-of-demons-demo-out-on-ps-vita-today/

Edit: It's live now on the store. 998MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Clacke wrote: »
    Demo of this being released today - first 10 hours of the game. And your save data will carry over to the full game out on February 14th.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/01/29/toukiden-the-age-of-demons-demo-out-on-ps-vita-today/

Excellent. Have this on preorder based on the premise alone so great to know I can try it first and cancel if needs be!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Clacke wrote: »

The demo is 10 hours long!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Coming out on April 25th, it is a dungeon crawler like Etrian Odyssey, been getting very good reactions on NeoGaf from people who imported it.

Demon_Gaze_video_game_cover.png

Anyone find an alternative charger for the vita? I have the charging cable but I'm missing the mains lead and box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Anyone find an alternative charger for the vita? I have the charging canoe but I'm missing the mains lead and box

I got a charging cable from game.co.uk but needed to use parcel motel as they did not ship to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone find an alternative charger for the vita? I have the charging canoe but I'm missing the mains lead and box

They sell Charger Adaptors in Tesco for the PS3 controllers that look like the vita boxes. Would you be able to use one of them?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-AC-Adaptor-PS3/dp/B001PO5L4K/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1391018925&sr=8-7&keywords=PS3+controller+charger+box

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I got a charging cable from game.co.uk but needed to use parcel motel as they did not ship to Ireland

I have the cable it's the rest I'm lacking

I have the cable it's the rest I'm lacking

Isn't that just a USB port you need so?

• Advertisement

Isn't that just a USB port you need so?

I have a USB plug but wary of just plugging it into one. Don't want to fry my vita

I have a USB plug but wary of just plugging it into one. Don't want to fry my vita

I've charged my vita off the USB part of my Samsung charger before, multiple pc USB ports.

I can hardly imagine it getting fried.

Looking at my AC adaptor right now, it says it outputs at 5V, 1500mA. Just make sure your USB charger is the same or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I use mine in my samsung plug all the time, works grand

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

I use this. Its a 5 port mains Usb charger for various devices. The 2nd port down from top for Samsung Tab works perfectly for the Vita and obviously lets you charge 4 other devices at the same time. Why buy Sonys when this is cheaper & more versatile.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Portable-Desktop-Samsung-Raspberry/dp/B00EJA28ES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391025390&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+25w

There is also an EasyAcc version for a couple of pounds less which appears at least externally to be identical to the Anker. I only have the Anker so can only speak for that one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Portable-Smartphones-Bluetooth-Speakers/dp/B00EKDVGKQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391025390&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+25w

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks like the new Vita will be announced for this part of the world tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played toukiden yet? The demo is out today. Any first impressions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Coming out on April 25th, it is a dungeon crawler like Etrian Odyssey, been getting very good reactions on NeoGaf from people who imported it.

Demon_Gaze_video_game_cover.png

Want!!!!!!!

Looking at my AC adaptor right now, it says it outputs at 5V, 1500mA. Just make sure your USB charger is the same or less (less taking longer).

Less is bad, the voltage needs to be right (all USB chargers will be 5V as that's the standard) but the current can be higher or the same. Think of it as if voltage is pushed by the mains while current is pulled.

In the case of the Vita it won't charge when running if it's you're using a low current so you're not going to damage it but it won't be as useful.

The Vita itself says 1200mA while the charger says 1500mA, you'll need a tablet charger as most phone charges won't go over 900mA.

• Advertisement

Looks like the new Vita will be announced for this part of the world tomorrow.

Rather it was the Vita TV
    Has anyone played toukiden yet? The demo is out today. Any first impressions?

Played the first few missions, only beaten one large boss and a load of small enemies who have a bit too much life ( not dangerous and you probably not take any damage but it takes too long).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement