Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Was worth a shot :p Will PM you in weekend to let you know anyways.. Do you get the pre order pack with HMV when you pre-order?
    as far as i know the preorder packs are universal between stores??

where u living? do you want me to hold it for you then?

ill also be getting fifa... SWEET

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't understand how that deal works. Pay £279 and get the console free :/

Sorry I should state this is the point I am interested in.

"Hey guys! Something has gone horribly wrong and I can’t log into my author account. Whoops!
    Anyway – I’ll be answering your questions from this one. Sorry about that.
    @1 The WipEout offer can be used no matter where you buy your 3G PS Vita from. Just use the 3G Vodafone SIM and top it up with £5 and Vodafone will text you a code for the game."

• Advertisement

Seems to me they are saying if you top up the Vodafone 3G sim with £5 you get Wipeout free no matter where you buy your Vita.

is that for real? you get the game for free once you top up a 3g unit??

i may now get a 3g confusing now :D

is that for real? you get the game for free once you top up a 3g unit??

i may now get a 3g confusing now :D

That is my question as it only states UK on the PSN Link, I am wondering will Vodafone Ireland offer this also or am I going up to Newry to buy some UK PSN cards and a Vodafone UK Microsim instead.

I'm in England on the 25th anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sorry I should state this is the point I am interested in.

"Hey guys! Something has gone horribly wrong and I can’t log into my author account. Whoops!
    Anyway – I’ll be answering your questions from this one. Sorry about that.
    @1 The WipEout offer can be used no matter where you buy your 3G PS Vita from. Just use the 3G Vodafone SIM and top it up with £5 and Vodafone will text you a code for the game."
    It's in Ireland too

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/21/vodafone-announced-as-preferred-partner-for-ps-vita-3g-connectivity/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

My question is, do u need a 3G vita to topup or could u do it online perhaps and still get your wipeout code, in other words could I buy a wifi vita and still find a loophole to get wipeout for £5???

My question is, do u need a 3G vita to topup or could u do it online perhaps and still get your wipeout code, in other words could I buy a wifi vita and still find a loophole to get wipeout for £5???

Don't see that being possible as the top up is for the 3G, it would be great if there is a way to do it as it would save €50 for those who don't want the 3G one.

ShaneU wrote: »

Vodafone are the prefered network alright, but who is to say if Vodafone Ireland will have the same deal as Vodafone UK, I will post the link on the talk to Vodafone Thread and see if anyone there can get an answer.

how much is wipeout gonna retail at?

€39.99 in Smyths, €37.97 on Gamestop.ie so €45 in store.

Don't forget smyths give 10% off all software on its first week
    Of sale, they have unchartered listed as 45euro so with loyalty card that works out at €40.50 , GameStop are charging €50

<snip>

Don't know if vodafone will be putting out a special data plan for the vita here, if it's as much as a rip-off as the uk tariff (£5 for 250mb a month) you're going to want a better deal. The vita isn't sim locked so any network should work.

If Vodafone are doing the Wipeout 2048 deal here, just use them for the first month then switch to a better deal, here's the current data plans for the 5 networks, tesco have the best value.

tesco - 1gb for €7 a month
    meteor - 500mb for €5 a month or 1gb for €10 a month
    emobile - 500mb for €5 a month or 1gb for €10 a month
    vodafone - 1gb for €10 a month
    o2 - 700mb for €10 a month

I heard today that the wifi-only units won't have any of the GPS features at all, so no maps or near or any other features they bring out
    WHAT?? thats bull****, i really hope thats not true

WHAT?? thats bull****, i really hope thats not true

It isn't true sorry, must have misread something.

i wonder will we see more of join our tariff and get x or y game free from rivals??

• Advertisement

i wonder will we see more of join our tariff and get x or y game free from rivals??

No vodafone have an exclusive deal with sony

tbh 99 percent of time i wouldnt use the 3g function but its attractive for when im in wex during the summer with **** all to do in a mobile etc...

might just get the 3g and buy credit WHEN i need it

Can you not just connect the Wifi to your mobile phone ?

Dunno I have an iPhone 4s unlimited web use if I cann connect to that 3G is a no brainer!!

Anyone else think Sony ****ed up with this launch?? No info and a massive price tag really pissed now 12 days away and still know feck all bout console games deals etc and you would think Sony would be pushing to consumers more what exactly this console can do!!

It's like they are sitting on their laurels saying you will buy it anyways minions mwahahaha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

<snip>
    Don't know if vodafone will be putting out a special data plan for the vita here, if it's as much as a rip-off as the uk tariff (£5 for 250mb a month) you're going to want a better deal. The vita isn't sim locked so any network should work.
    If Vodafone are doing the Wipeout 2048 deal here, just use them for the first month then switch to a better deal, here's the current data plans for the 5 networks, tesco have the best value.
    tesco - 1gb for €7 a month meteor - 500mb for €5 a month or 1gb for €10 a month
    emobile - 500mb for €5 a month or 1gb for €10 a month
    vodafone - 1gb for €10 a month
    o2 - 700mb for €10 a month

Tesco have the best value.by the looks of it

Just noticed this on littlewoods website wifi model €299 but then if that wasn't bad enough have the cheek to state that your saving €90 as the price is reduced from €390 for the wifi model!!! There a disgrace and a complete rip off, gangsters I tell ya gangsters

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/ps-vita-console-with-wi-fi/926732216.prd

Littlewoods are always over priced :P I was looking for a new PS3 last year, they were trying to sell 160gb's for 350! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dunno I have an iPhone 4s unlimited web use if I cann connect to that 3G is a no brainer!!

Anyone else think Sony ****ed up with this launch?? No info and a massive price tag really pissed now 12 days away and still know feck all bout console games deals etc and you would think Sony would be pushing to consumers more what exactly this console can do!!

It's like they are sitting on their laurels saying you will buy it anyways minions mwahahaha

Its not a massive price tag considering people expected it to be a lot more before the price was announced.

They have told us what it can do, you can go to Game and play it!

• Advertisement

I think the problem cloud is that Sony don't seem to be pushing very hard, I haven seen one ad for the vita on tv or in print. We seem to be the ones asking about the bundle deals and we shouldt have to ask it should be shouted from the hilltops from each individual store. For instance still no offical word from smyths,hmv, Vodafone stores in Ireland, xtra vision regarding bundle deals and all with less then 2 weeks to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement