Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    Rather it was the Vita TV

Played the first few missions, only beaten one large boss and a load of small enemies who have a bit too much life ( not dangerous and you probably not take any damage but it takes too long).

Do you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Do you like it?

Not sure it's not bad in any case, only played the first few missions and it seems the same as the start of a monster hunter game but with less impressive looking enemies with the exception of single boss. The graphics are good and the gameplay is smooth and while i've not seem much there seems to be a decent about of customization, I think I'll need to play more to see how the combat works out as I progress as I've only been playing with my ghost thing for a few missions and against simply enemies.

Not sure how MP works yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

New slim PS Vita coming to UK on Feb. 7
    At a London press conference today, Sony announced plans to release a slim version of PlayStation Vita to the U.K. on Feb. 7, for a suggested retail price of £180.

The PS Vita PCH-2000 series features a re-designed system that is 20 percent slimmer and 15 percent lighter than current models. Likewise, the new release will replace existing PS Vita PCH-1000 models with older models set to run their course before being removed from retail.

The slimmer model also includes a high-definition five-inch LCD screen, allows for up to six hours of gameplay and replaces the earlier proprietary charging cable with a micro USB cable.

What the fudge are they thinking? That is way too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ill stick with my chubby old vita for sure, lighter with more battery life is no substitute for the oled which is like heroin for the eyeballs !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Yepp, OLED greatness any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone use a grip for the vita to make it more comfortable to use or have any suggestions for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

^ meh!....i thought they would announce a new super slim PS3, Vita slim was always a given.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Does anyone use a grip for the vita to make it more comfortable to use or have any suggestions for one

I got this chap a while back, ebay link, makes the Vita much more comfortable to use. The only downside is you can't charge while using it - but that's not a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

jenjenten wrote: »
    ^ meh!....i thought they would announce a new super slim PS3, Vita slim was always a given.

Jesus... how much slimmer could you want it. As it is I'm happy with the 2nd model which I have. The 3rd (and last I assume) model looks pretty poor imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I wonder will it be hard to get spare oled screens, if ours fail, now that they are phasing them out. Surprised Sony didn't keep an oled skew available even as a premium product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Yepp, OLED greatness any day.

Apart from that awful mura effect (with my Vita at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

One week into vita ownership and I'm happy I decided to chance it. Just finished Walking Dead First Season and I loved the game, great piece of storytelling and characters you'd actually care about.

Got a soft grip off Amazon and it eliminates sore hands after long stints on the vita.

400 days add-on is next up I think and I have to give remote play a whirl soon.

Well worth the €169.99 off gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Got a soft grip off Amazon and it eliminates sore hands after long stints on the vita.

Which grip was it if you dont mind me asking. Also welcome to the vita club, its a great little machine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Which grip was it if you dont mind me asking. Also welcome to the vita club, its a great little machine

Cheers, got this one, does the job. Ignore the 1-2 month delivery I got it with 7/8 working days on cheapest postage option. Fits the vita perfectly with a little button u slide to lock. All buttons visible with it on, including earphone jack but not the charging point.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006LM2Y5A/ref=mp_s_a_1_28?qid=1391122111&sr=8-28&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Anyone seen this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-30-vita-indie-game-mega-pack-bundles-10-games-for-24-99
    Due next month for €24.99, the collection will be bundled with a 4GB memory card. The Indie Game Mega Pack won't be on a disc, however, but will rather contain vouchers for the following games:

Alien Breed
    Thomas Was Alone
    Velocity Ultra
    Men's Room Mayhem
    Coconut Dodge Revitalised
    Limbo
    Hotline Miami
    Total Recoil
    Superfrog HD
    Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD

After just getting a Vital with PS+, the only games I would be interested in is Thomas Was Alone and Hotline Miami. Limbo is great, ive finished that on the xbox. Still a good deal none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Would all those games fit on a 4gig card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

wilser wrote: »
    Would all those games fit on a 4gig card?

Probably. They'd all be quite small file size wise.

thorbarry wrote: »
    After just getting a Vital with PS+, the only games I would be interested in is Thomas Was Alone and Hotline Miami. Limbo is great, ive finished that on the xbox. Still a good deal none the less

Alien Breed, Velocity Ultra and Men's Room Mayhem are a lot of fun, especially VU. Spent hours with that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Was meaning to ask this but never got around to it.....

I see now that Playstation Mobile games are (finally!) available in europe. Are there any absolute must-haves??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

thorbarry wrote: »
    Anyone seen this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-30-vita-indie-game-mega-pack-bundles-10-games-for-24-99

this might suit you better linky

thomas was alone
    proteus
    stealth inc
    lone survivor

for €12.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So, with Gamestop selling this for 170e (even better than Amazon), am I better off pulling the trigger now?

I have to be honest and say, there isn't much I can think of that I want to play at the moment but I would like the OLED and if the slimmer LED version is going to be more expensive...then maybe I am better just buying now in case the OLED's all disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

sweetie wrote: »
    this might suit you better linky

thomas was alone
    proteus
    stealth inc
    lone survivor

for €12.99

Yes indeed, all those games look awesome. I have a €20 PSN card so could pick up Hotline Miami with the remaining funds :)

animaX wrote: »
    Was meaning to ask this but never got around to it.....

I see now that Playstation Mobile games are (finally!) available in europe. Are there any absolute must-haves??

Super Crate Box and rymdkapsel are fantastic little games IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For JRPG fans it looks like it will be their year for games coming out on the Vita, with 7 games coming out in the next 4 months.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 14/02 EU
    Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster - 18/03 US
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - 15/04 US
    Demon Gaze - 25/04 EU
    Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God 21/02 EU
    Ys: Memories of Celceta - 21/02 EU ( already out in the US )
    Mind Zero - 27/05 US

For any of the US releases just use VGP, you will get the games cheaper as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A worse (and cheaper) screen and they're still looking for £180, madness.

ShaneU wrote: »
    A worse (and cheaper) screen and they're still looking for £180, madness.

I wouldn't mind if it actually came with like 16 or 32GB of memory, expandable with cards. On its own, it is far too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the Vita not already cheaper than that in a lot of online UK stores, or at least on sale for less frequently.

Maybe this is Sony's version of new coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I am going to get a Vita but I still don't know to get the LCD or OLED ? Smart phone resolution is pretty good for me but the price for the new LCD is not cheap as there are no bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I am going to get a Vita but I still don't know to get the LCD or OLED ? Smart phone resolution is pretty good for me but the price for the new LCD is not cheap as there are no bundles.

There's nothing to think about. OLED all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Varik wrote: »
    Is the Vita not already cheaper than that in a lot of online UK stores, or at least on sale for less frequently.

Maybe this is Sony's version of new coke.

I saw it as low as €120 on the Spanish Amazon site over Christmas, but they are usually around €140-150.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement