Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

Just got a vita today anyone got some game suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What type of games do you like?

Actually, screw it - get Persona 4: Golden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Was looking for "passing time" on playstation mobile for my son's vita, can't find it. Lack of search on it is a pain. Would happily give them a couple of quid if I could find it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Killzone

Also the ys game is brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Persona 4 Golden, Rayman Legends, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, Wipeout for something to have a quick bash on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

Thanks for the feed back guys, I looked up persona 4 and it looks like my type of game. I hear killzone mercenaries is good anyone play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

this seems to be very good value

I hear killzone mercenaries is good anyone play it.

Reviewed it, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

sweetie wrote: »
    this seems to be very good value
    Something I discovered recently: if you've already got one of the games through PS+ (i.e. Wipeout 2048 for me) and you redeem the code for the ten games, you lose the games you already have if you let PS+ expire. It takes the PS+ "purchase" of the game as a proper purchase and skips over the game when you input the bundle code.

I had to ring Sony, and the CS op passed the details of the issue on to the network people. Still not heard back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

On the subject of the OLED vs LED screens, I have the original OLED model and also picked up the Vita Slim at launch in Japan last year too. I genuinely don't notice a difference between the screens while playing, and the better battery life means that the original Vita has been resting in it's case since October.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I do want a slim vita but €200+ can sod off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good deal on the Vita, but today only on ShopTo http://www.shopto.net/video-games/psvita/PSPHWV114-ps-vita-wifi-tearaway-little-big-planet-16gb-memory-card

PS Vita Wifi + Tearaway + Little Big Planet + 16gb Memory Card PS VITA - £149.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Something I discovered recently: if you've already got one of the games through PS+ (i.e. Wipeout 2048 for me) and you redeem the code for the ten games, you lose the games you already have if you let PS+ expire. It takes the PS+ "purchase" of the game as a proper purchase and skips over the game when you input the bundle code.

I had to ring Sony, and the CS op passed the details of the issue on to the network people. Still not heard back from them.

cheers for that, thought I had wipeout already from psplus but only have a network pass for it so I might go for the deal.

Surge Deluxe is out tomorrow and I wrote a review of it.

Really good puzzle game but it should come with a warning label - Addictive As F*ck. Took me away from OlliOlli which is not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bought a Vita at the weekend, wasn't really planning to, but hard to pass up if you already have a PS+ subscription. Got the 10-game megapack in Gamestop for 170 euro (some of them probably aren't great, but Wipeout 2048 is on it).

Got the PS+ games (Uncharted, Guacamelee, couple of others), had Sound Shapes on cross-buy, pretty good deal.

Enjoying it so far, Hotline Miami is my early favourite. Analog sticks are great, better than I thought they'd be on a portable.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Bought a Vita at the weekend, wasn't really planning to, but hard to pass up if you already have a PS+ subscription. Got the 10-game megapack in Gamestop for 170 euro (some of them probably aren't great, but Wipeout 2048 is on it).

Got the PS+ games (Uncharted, Guacamelee, couple of others), had Sound Shapes on cross-buy, pretty good deal.

Enjoying it so far, Hotline Miami is my early favourite. Analog sticks are great, better than I thought they'd be on a portable.

OlliOlli is like Hotline Miami in terms of difficulty and quick retries, but is actually a 2D skateboarding game. Worth a try.

Also, if you like RPGs, Persona 4: Golden is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Otacon wrote: »
    OlliOlli is like Hotline Miami in terms of difficulty and quick retries, but is actually a 2D skateboarding game. Worth a try.

Also, if you like RPGs, Persona 4: Golden is brilliant.

A game I enjoyed for serious thumb action and addictive retrying was everybody's tennis - it's a psp game that is fantastic fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

A game I enjoyed for serious thumb action and addictive retrying was everybody's tennis - it's a psp game that is fantastic fun.

Can you get this for the Vita? I was addicted to Everybody's Golf World Tour. Server got turned off late last year :(

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can you get this for the Vita? I was addicted to Everybody's Golf World Tour. Server got turned off late last year :(

Yeah, it's in the psp games in the store on the vita. It's about €5-€10 euros. I just played it as a single player but it was seriously addictive against the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

How much would you get in somewhere like Gamestop or Xtravision for trading in a vita?

• Advertisement

How much would you get in somewhere like Gamestop or Xtravision for trading in a vita?

6 Milky bars, a twix and 6 shillings. Best check with them first by giving them a ring. You might be as well selling it on adverts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Only Gamestop or CEX trade in the vita, Smyths or HMV/Xtravision don't best selling it on Adverts or done deal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

sweetie wrote: »
    this might suit you better linky

thomas was alone
    proteus
    stealth inc
    lone survivor

for €12.99

I cant recommend this enough. Bough it on Saturday and have played Thomas was alone and Lone Survivor. 2 fantastic games,looking forward to the other 2 now :)

thorbarry wrote: »
    I cant recommend this enough. Bough it on Saturday and have played Thomas was alone and Lone Survivor. 2 fantastic games,looking forward to the other 2 now :)

Stealth is fantastically addictive but I hit a block with one of the levels. Must go back to it again. Really enjoyed it.

Good February Sale on now with discounts on the likes of Walking Dead, Stick it to the Man and Hotline Miami

Info on games discounted here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Stealth is fantastically addictive but I hit a block with one of the levels. Must go back to it again. Really enjoyed it.

Good February Sale on now with discounts on the likes of Walking Dead, Stick it to the Man and Hotline Miami

Info on games discounted here

Sweet, ive been meaning to pickup Hotline Miami. Yea i reckon I will play Stealth next, looks good fun alright

Anyone find The Walking Dead a bit stuttery on the Vita? sometimes when it's loading anything the music skips and the framerate gets a bit wonky, not sure if it's just the way it's running or my vita. Plays fine during actual gameplay just judders when transitioning from interactive to cutscene parts.

krudler wrote: »
    Anyone find The Walking Dead a bit stuttery on the Vita? sometimes when it's loading anything the music skips and the framerate gets a bit wonky, not sure if it's just the way it's running or my vita. Plays fine during actual gameplay just judders when transitioning from interactive to cutscene parts.

TBH Telltale's engine runs like a dog on all systems, including PC. Was playing the latest episode of The Wolf Among Us last night and it was stuttering quite a lot.

As for the Vita version, it is as bad in that regard, though the changing from one scene to another takes a lot longer IMO.

krudler wrote: »

I really, really enjoyed this game but this was something that was very frustrating. I ended up being killed a couple of times because of stutter which was pretty aggravating. Overall though, the game is still one of my favourites - I loved the story.

Otacon wrote: »
    TBH Telltale's engine runs like a dog on all systems, including PC. Was playing the latest episode of The Wolf Among Us last night and it was stuttering quite a lot.

As for the Vita version, it is as bad in that regard, though the changing from one scene to another takes a lot longer IMO.

Ah ok, it usually only happens during scene transitions or when it's loading, music gets stuttery, I'll get over it ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got hotline miami yesterday, really enjoying it. What spelunky like, would people here recommend it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement