Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I got hotline miami yesterday, really enjoying it. What spelunky like, would people here recommend it?

Spelunky is funstrating and addictive. Well worth playing, especially on Vita as it seems made for a handheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Otacon wrote: »
    Spelunky is funstrating and addictive. Well worth playing, especially on Vita as it seems made for a handheld.

I just can't get into it. I keep going back to it and I only seem to get the frustrating but not the addictive part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Right lads, honest question.

I got a PS4 and a sub to Plus.

Is it worth me getting a Vita 10 game pack bundle for 169 from Gamestop? I presume that's the best deal on that.

I'd probably just get it to take advantage of the free Plus games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just been playing Wipeout 2048. Such a good game. Plays great and looks great.

I then bought Hotline Miami. Also a great game in a very different way. Only been playing it about a half hour or so but cam see myself getting rather addicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is it worth me getting a Vita 10 game pack bundle for 169 from Gamestop? I presume that's the best deal on that.

The other big advantage would be Remote Play. Anyone that uses it thinks it's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Vita probably gets higher praise here than I would give it. But you will see your money's worth in that deal and as a PS+ sub - which is almost the best deal in gaming aside from humblebundle IMO - you will get plenty of fun from it and it maximises the value of your sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

swirlser wrote: »
    Vita probably gets higher praise here than I would give it. But you will see your money's worth in that deal and as a PS+ sub - which is almost the best deal in gaming aside from humblebundle IMO - you will get plenty of fun from it and it maximises the value of your sub.

The Vita is deserving of the praise, it is turning into a JRPG players dream this year, it has no less than 8 games coming out in the next few weeks in the genre and more on the horizon, they seem a perfect match for it and hopefully we see more games like Toukiden: The Age of Demons and Muramasa Rebirth as well.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is out next week and can be picked up for €30 on VGP, for anyone who enjoyed Persona 4 it is a must have and I have not heard a peep about it here, has got very solid reviews from the likes of Famitsu and importers alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I got this pack last week and I'm very happy with it. Bunch of free games with it, 16 GB memory card (some of the packs only had 4GB, which is really insufficient), big back catalogue of games (and most of them are pretty cheap), when there's not much happening on the PS4 at the moment.

They did a good comparison when reviewing new Vita on Eurogamer this week:
    PlayStation Vita PCH-2000 review

and concluded that the original was a better buy...
    Overall, the PCH-2000 is a nice piece of kit, but given the choice, it actually makes more sense right now to grab the original model, available online for around £169 along with Sony's 10-game "mega pack" - extraordinary value considering that the new Slim model is actually more expensive, offering less value owing to the omission of the bundled games and sizeable memory card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    The Vita is deserving of the praise, it is turning into a JRPG players dream this year, it has no less than 8 games coming out in the next few weeks in the genre and more on the horizon, they seem a perfect match for it and hopefully we see more games like Toukiden: The Age of Demons and Muramasa Rebirth as well.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is out next week and can be picked up for €30 on VGP, for anyone who enjoyed Persona 4 it is a must have and I have not heard a peep about it here, has got very solid reviews from the likes of Famitsu and importers alike.

Is Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc similar to virtues last stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc similar to virtues last stand?

It looks similar enough with some of the puzzles I've seen. It also has elements similar to Ace Attorney, which is no bad thing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Unsure whether to get the old vita or wait for the new one to come down in price.

Surprised how the new one is more expensive when it doesn't have an OLED. Bit of a stupid move there

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Unsure whether to get the old vita or wait for the new one to come down in price.

Surprised how the new one is more expensive when it doesn't have an OLED. Bit of a stupid move there

OLED all the way

krudler wrote: »

The OLED is obviously the big thing keeping me thinking about the old one, but a lot of people say when you add up how much better it is to hold, improved battery life and weight, the new one is worth it in the end. Though I don't think it constitutes being €200 in the slightest bit.

If I could get the old one for €150 I'd get it no bother. Any good offers around?

Best I've seen is the €170 bundle in GameStop. I'm hoping the price will drop as they're trying to get rid of old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I'm probably going to get danganropa next week depending on when I get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Got walking dead for vita and metal gear collection yesterday
    The walking dead is really good when you pick touch screen to use to play and you can still use the stick to move around a great feature

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The only aspect of the new Vita I truly think is worth considering is the change of port to the microUSB. It makes charging the thing far easier. TBH as it is, the Vita isn't too heavy or big, and the improvement in the battery life is just an hour.

Hotline Miami is so damn good.

Cant believe I waited this long to play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What terraria like on vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Just finished Thomas was Alone. Played a bit of The Lone Survivor. Vita is great for the Indies. I'll be moving onto Hotline Miami next :) Really enjoying these games

thorbarry wrote: »
    Just finished Thomas was Alone. Played a bit of The Lone Survivor. Vita is great for the Indies. I'll be moving onto Hotline Miami next :) Really enjoying these games

Definately a lively indie scene on the vita alright. Hotline Miami lives up to the hype btw. Savage soundtrack. Wear a good set of earphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Definately a lively indie scene on the vita alright. Hotline Miami lives up to the hype btw. Savage soundtrack. Wear a good set of earphones.

Yep I always wear headphones with the vita. Its the only way!

**** it. Gonna buy the €170 gamestop bundle. Seems like a good deal in all honesty.

How's remote play fairing for ye? That's the biggest seller for me, well that and all the PS+ games I've been getting over the last few months, I'd be stupid not to buy one at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Is Thomas was Alone good? I played the first few levels and it wasn't really grabbing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

padraig_f wrote: »
    Is Thomas was Alone good? I played the first few levels and it wasn't really grabbing me.

I loved it. Graphics are very simple but it is the way the "story" is told, the voice of the story teller, the music, even the names of the individuals on the way had me hooked. I found myself grinning playing it. Very easy to beat. Played it on PS3 first and then the Vita. Only a couple of very frustrating jumps.

Woohoo, picked up the mega pack from Gamestop earlier after tossing it over in my mind the last few days.

I already have the current Plus games on the download list.

Has Hotline Miami appeared on Plus yet? Might hold off buying it if it might appear in the near future on Plus.

EDIT - just saw it only 2.66 at the moment so will hardly break the bank!

Any other must have games lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Woohoo, picked up the mega pack from Gamestop earlier after tossing it over in my mind the last few days.

I already have the current Plus games on the download list.

Has Hotline Miami appeared on Plus yet? Might hold off buying it if it might appear in the near future on Plus.

EDIT - just saw it only 2.66 at the moment so will hardly break the bank!

Any other must have games lads?

Persona 4, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa Rebirth and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is out next week.

Thanks.

And where it's the best place to get physical games and accessories? Maybe Video Games Plus or Play Asia I guess.

I must go grab a case and a screen protector next.

Thanks.

And where it's the best place to get physical games and accessories? Maybe Video Games Plus or Play Asia I guess.

I must go grab a case and a screen protector next.

I'm letting Sony tell me what to play via ps plus. So far I've only bought Hotline Miami for about 2quid and the missus bought me Tearaway for Xmas.

I don't intend on having any physical games for the vita tbh. I've 3 or 4 games on each of my 8gb memory cards. The way I see it there's no way I'll be playing that many games all at once so finish one and delete is how I've gone so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just so you know, this game is coming to the Vita on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yep I always wear headphones with the vita. Its the only way!

Same, have Sennheiser earbuds that sound excellent on it, the speakers are grand if it's something you're just having a quick bash on but it's much more immersive on headphones, I mostly play mine in bed at night and you'd nearly forget it's a handheld.

Finished chapter 5 of the Walking Dead, had played up as far as 4 previously on my laptop. The reduced size doesn't make some of the decisions you have to make any easier :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement