Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

padraig_f wrote: »
    Is Thomas was Alone good? I played the first few levels and it wasn't really grabbing me.

I loved it, i really like the minimalist style, the narrator is quite funny. Its just a nice simple game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok, so I bit the bullet and ordered the Vita Slim (yes yes, OLED screen, better, I'm an idiot, I know, I dont really care:D) over the weekend. Now, I have to play the waiting game as Amazon haven't dispatched it yet, which is weird. Vita Slim just looks more neat and tidy to me, but no mat finish, would have loved to get the Green(yellow?) one but looks like those colours are staying in Japan for the time being.

Anyone here get one yet? I asked in Gamestop about it last week, the guy in the store didnt know anything about the Slim :rolleyes:.

I have a 16gb memory card for it already so sorted there and have a few games for it from my PS+ account, along with Hotline Miami and Walking Dead and Thomas was Alone. Is there any other 'must have' Vita games I should look into?

And what PSP games should I look at? I am not a big j/rpg fan :eek:, I know....

Just finished Zelda ALBW there, any games like Zelda maybe?

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, I know of remote play for the PS4, but I dont have a PS4, prob wont have one for a couple years. Whats the story with remote play for the PS3 on the Vita? I heard I can play TLoU on the Vita via remote play...

EDIT 2: Ok, its not mat finish, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Get Uncharted and Gravity Rush since they're free, Persona 4 is great but it's a bit pricey now, Tearaway is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Matte finish? What?

ps-vita-slim-review-1.jpg

Otacon wrote: »
    Matte finish? What?

Yeah if anything the slim looks like more of a fingerprint magnet than the current one, nothing a microfibre cloth can't fix though. I'd still take OLED over it, the only thing I prefer about the slim is the micro usb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

thorbarry wrote: »
    I loved it, i really like the minimalist style, the narrator is quite funny. Its just a nice simple game

Cool, I'll give it another go. One thing I notice is the levels are short, so looks a good one at least if you have 5 minutes to kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

krudler wrote: »
    Get Uncharted and Gravity Rush since they're free, Persona 4 is great but it's a bit pricey now, Tearaway is essential.

Hold off on Tearaway until the 19th, it'll be on sale in the Store for that week. Looking forward to getting that and the Last of Us for the burfday.

Pick up Rayman Legends, Lone Survivor and Stick it to the Man. They're all great games. Lone Survivor and Stick it to the Man are both on sale at the moment.

Oh yeah Rayman Legends, The Walking Dead too, all worth playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Delighted with my purchase so far.

€170 for the handheld, a 16GB card and 10 games is amazing.

Added the 5 games that are on Plus to my download list too.

It was actually the girlfriend that gave me that nudge yesterday that convinced me to get it. When I mentioned 10 games and how Plus works she reckoned I'd be mad not to grab one.

Was telling the brother about Plus too and he was amazed by it.

Ordered screen protector from Ebay and getting a case in Argos.

This evening I'm going to try Hotline Miami.

The only thing about Plus is that I want to hold off on games in case they show up on it. Tearaway, Persona 4 and The Walking Dead might be possibilities if we're lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It was actually the girlfriend that gave me that nudge yesterday that convinced me to get it. When I mentioned 10 games and how Plus works she reckoned I'd be mad not to grab one.

The only thing about Plus is that I want to hold off on games in case they show up on it. Tearaway, Persona 4 and The Walking Dead might be possibilities if we're lucky.

Just bought the same deal. Couldn't pass it up either.

It's gonna compliment my PS4 very nicely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It all depends, I've bought games to then find out a week later they'll be on Plus which can be annoying but tbh most of the time it's not a big deal. If they are games that you're really interested, I don't think there's any point in waiting around in the hope that they come up on Plus and there's always sales on PSN which help to save a couple of euros off different games. The Walking Dead is on sale at the moment for a tenner I think and I can't see Tearaway coming to PS Plus just yet. There's a lot of decent indie games on it from €6-€12 that are well worth picking up that won't break the bank.

krudler wrote: »

Yup, I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush ready and waiting :D. Never played a Persona game, but I hear so many good things about them, but, again, J/RPG, not sure...

Tearaway, I dont know too much about it but it looks pretty. Kinda wanna buy it on cart, but will wait to see what price it drops too. I'm sure it'll be on PS+ in about 6 months but thats the gamble of PS+
    Matte finish? What?

Lol, I said I was an idiot. Still looks good, even without mat finish.

I updated my OP :o

I was REALLY tempted with that bundle myself, brilliant buy! Hope the Vita starts to sell better with those bundles, saw a Disney one too.

I found that with PS+, just buy the games you want when you can, if they come up on PS+, sure does it really matter? Cause I feel there are so many games that come up on there each month that I would have never bought, like Metro Last Light for me this month.

Thanks for the replies guys :D

Yup, I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush ready and waiting :D. Never played a Persona game, but I hear so many good things about them, but, again, J/RPG, not sure...

Tearaway, I dont know too much about it but it looks pretty. Kinda wanna buy it on cart, but will wait to see what price it drops too. I'm sure it'll be on PS+ in about 6 months but thats the gamble of PS+

I'm not a JRPG fan either but I love Persona 4, it's great. Tearaway is excellent, it's fairly short though so you might wanna wait it'll prob be on sale soon. its usually 24.99 in most places.

I can't recommend Rayman Legends enough either, one of those games you play with a grin on your face, especially the musical levels.

Oh yeah I have the first Rayman from PS+. I liked it on the 3ds but will give the newer one a go too.

How short is Tearaway? And you're not into RPG's too much either? Finally, someone else who is like me!!! I'll look into P4 down the line too so, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

postman had a little sum' sum' in his bag for me this morning

1898115_10200451006836424_1270196474_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

COYVB wrote: »

Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not yet, pretty up the walls in the office today. Lots of editorial meetings, but it's sorted my evening's plans out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Where did you buy it ?

I rang HMV, Gamestop and Smyth and they don't have the Slim and have no information about it.

Want one and that deal ^ sounds awesome.

Where did you buy it ?

I rang HMV, Gamestop and Smyth and they don't have the Slim and have no information about it.

Want one and that deal ^ sounds awesome.

You will not get the Slim at that price, it is about €215 as a standalone package, it is the more than likely the older model, which has a superior screen to the slim model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It's the first revision with the OLED screen.

Got it in Gamestop in the Parkway, Limerick. They were out of stock in The Crescent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Is the OLED vs LCD that much of a issue really?

Is the OLED vs LCD that much of a issue really?

See for yourself, the top screen is the OLED, the bottom the LCD

vita.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Borderlands 2 is coming to Vita this Spring.

According to Koller, vice president of marketing for Sony Computer Entertainment America, the PS Vita version of Borderlands 2 will feature four-player cooperative play and cross-platform compatibility with save games from the original PlayStation 3 version of the game. It will also include six downloadable add-ons that Gearbox Software has released to this point. Iron Galaxy Studios is co-developing Borderlands 2 on PS Vita, and that version will by published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

The God of War Collection and The Sly Collection are coming to PS Vita in the next few months.
    The God of War Collection, consisting of high-definition remasters of Sony Santa Monica's God of War and God of War 2, will launch on the PlayStation Vita for $29.99 on May 6, game director and writer Cory Barlog announced on the official PlayStation blog.

The Sly Collection, containing remastered versions of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, will hit the PS Vita May 27. All three original PlayStation 2 titles feature trophies and have been remastered in high definition and optimized for PS Vita. The Sly Collection for the PS Vita first appeared when it was rated by the ESRB last April.

dc.gif

Excellent, God of War will be fun to have on it been ages since I played the first two.

Awesome, I've never played either of these franchises. Was looking to get the Sly Vita game too, so 4 Sly games to play! Are these actual remakes like Zelda's Wind waker or just an HD up-res?

Borderlands 2 is cool too :D

Looks like I got a vita at the right time.

COYVB wrote: »

*Big Vita TV pic*

So, I heard this only works with the Japanese PSN? Could be wrong.... Please say I am wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Whats the deal with the Vita TV? What do people use it for. If it is just to play Vita games on the TV, then I see it as kind of pointless. I have a Vita and a PS3 so don't see the need. Maybe I am wrong? Enlighten me :D

thorbarry wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the Vita TV? What do people use it for. If it is just to play Vita games on the TV, then I see it as kind of pointless. I have a Vita and a PS3 so don't see the need. Maybe I am wrong? Enlighten me :D

Yeah I'd be thinking the same tbh, I like the vita as a handheld,the screen is great and being able to play games anywhere is the point. Wouldnt see the point in buying a scaled down handheld version then playing it on the tv when you could just get the ps3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It also allows you to remotely connect to your ps4 instead of moving it to another room.

And you would assume once Playstation Now is in place you will be able to use that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If I ordered a vita tv would it work ok over here? tempted to order if it will work ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Awesome, I've never played either of these franchises. Was looking to get the Sly Vita game too, so 4 Sly games to play! Are these actual remakes like Zelda's Wind waker or just an HD up-res?

Borderlands 2 is cool too :D

Looks like I got a vita at the right time.

Right there with you. I bought God of War for ps2 ages ago and still havent gotten round to sittin down to it. This is just the ticket for me. Same with the Sly games and Borderlands would ya believe.

Great news for gamers like me who are behind on their playing. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement